First Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Student Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Student (Wheeling, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy questions, very fast process. The interviewer was a very pleasant person. They tell you what is expected of you. You will get training in all the different transportation vehicles.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Student.

Interview

Submitted application and was interviewed and hired within 3 days. Training took a few weeks and then I was driving. There are skills tests you have to pass and you have to get your class B CDL.

Interview Questions

• Is getting up extremely early hard for you? Do you like children? Can you work safely with children screaming at you?   2 Answers

Applicant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Student (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Came in for interview on like a Thursday or Friday, spent probably 5 minutes talking about past employer and why I decided to change path. Then spent another 5 minutes answering specific questions about feelings of the position. Asked about being able to start training on that following Monday. Overall it took about 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• If getting up at 4 am would be a problem   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Student (Fairbanks, AK) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring was pleasant and at first they made it sound like a great place too start. Wasn't until you actually get into the job and the process that you understand.

Interview Questions

• Asked how we handled kids.   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Student.

Interview

Very minimal They are desperate for warm bodies to drive their old buses. You have to be a complete moron not to get hired and even then you can get it. People are leaving faster than they can hire. So dont sweat any "interview"

Anonymous Employee in Havana, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at First Student (Havana, IL).

Interview

I basically sat and spoke with the interviewer about how/why I got started driving, what I liked about driving, didn't like as much, and the hours and type of driving I preferred.

Interview Questions

• Just talked about experience and other basics   2 Answers

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Student (Dayton, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online I was called back the next day and 2 days later I was interviewed, I needed to get my school bus endorsement, after I went to the DMV took the test and received my temporary permit I started training that monday

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about safety and managing children   Answer Question

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Student.

Interview

Very short interview overall. I don't think I answered more than 5 questions total. Most of them were simple yes or no answers and it just felt like a formality that they had to go through because they seem to be hiring anyone who walks through the door. They do require you to bring in a copy of your driving record to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: You dropped a disabled child off at her stop on the afternoon run, but when you get home and are about to have dinner you get a call saying they never came home. What do you do?   3 Answers

School Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at First Student.

Interview

Generallynph you go in fill out the application. The interview is a joke. I was told they only do it cause they have no choice lol. They hire pretty much everyone who applies

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at First Student (Palm Springs, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview lead by Elba Vasquez. We were told the rules and regulations and what was expected there at the company. To me it was fake due to the fact that they did not want me there anyways. I was harassed the whole time until they said I was unfit for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation, and what was the solution?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Don't apply unless you have three months to work for free.