FiscalNote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FiscalNote Interview Questions

Interviews at FiscalNote

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was egregiously long and unnecessary for the role being considered. I applied online and received an email about 1-2 weeks later to set up a preliminary phone interview. The first phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was then asked to schedule a second phone interview, which took place a few days later, that lasted about 30 minutes.

A few days after these two phone interviews, I received an email asking me to complete a "deliverable" assignment. I was asked to prepare a report/presentation that answered the questions in the deliverable as well as demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter and presentation skills. This assignment took me several days to complete. I submitted the deliverable and eagerly awaited a response.

After submitting the presentation, I was invited to visit FiscalNote's office for an in-person interview. I was also asked spend a significant amount of time familiarizing myself with the FiscalNote platform prior to coming in for the interview, as I would be asked questions to evaluate my knowledge of their program. The in-person interview lasted about 2 hours, during which time I met with several "panels" of people, and was asked to present my deliverable assignment to the team as well as demonstrate my knowledge of the FiscalNote platform by walking through several questions and scenarios.

After this latest interview step, I again waited for a response. This time, nothing. About 10 days had passed before I contacted FiscalNote to politely follow-up, and still heard nothing. Finally, after over 2 weeks of radio silence had passed since my in-person interview, I was told that, while FiscalNote was impressed with my skills and experience, they had chosen another candidate for the position.

This interview process was very extensive and unnecessary. I'd rate it as more difficult and time-consuming than any interview process I have ever done, including interviews for much more important jobs in both public and private sectors. I felt like I was being vetted for the job of CEO but for the payscale of an intern. FiscalNote needs to have more realistic expectations of candidates and have more respect and appreciation for their valuable time. I appreciated the opportunity to demonstrate my skills, but I believe FiscalNote dragged this interview process out way too long. They should be able to narrow down their candidate pool without having to put each and every person though this laborious process and waste time.

My advice: be prepared to jump through a thousand unnecessary hoops during your interview process and expect it to be lengthy and time-consuming. Above all else, after you invest hours or even days of your time, don't hold your breath for a callback.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to prepare a report and present it during the interview, as well as demonstrate knowledge of the FiscalNote platform   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the interview and received an email back shortly after. The interview consisted of a preliminary screening from HR, and if that goes well, you will interview with someone on their professional services team. My interviewer was very cordial and easy to talk to. At the end, I felt like I had had a great conversation with a like-minded professional. If you pass that round, you will receive a kind of case assignment where you will have to create a series of deliverables based on some documentation and data they provide to you. This was a bit time consuming given that I was doing my usual work as well as this, but it is very doable. If they like your deliverables, you will be invited onsite for a final round of interviews.

In this final round, you will talk to the professional services team and they will go through your deliverables. They ask you questions and basically poke holes in them wherever they notice them. Frankly, I was unhappy with one of the deliverables that I submitted so I beat them to the punch on that one. They also ask you things such as why you made certain choices as far as developing your deliverables. You'll also have an interview with the head of hiring/operations which was very straightforward. I think that interview is mostly for company and personality fit. Lastly, I spoke to the head of the team I would potentially join and we mostly spoke about my previous experience and what I was looking to do at FiscalNote.

Shortly after, I was informed that FiscalNote wished to offer me a position. While I truly wanted to accept this position, the salary offered was not competitive and would have been a substantial decrease compared to my current occupation.

Interview Questions

• You will receive a case assignment to develop a series of deliverables based on some information that they provide to you. The directions are very straightforward and, in my opinion, quite simple. Coming from a Big Four background, I was not really worried about this assignment at all. During the in-person interview, they attempt to find flaws in your deliverables, so just be ready to explain why you made certain choices.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - after which they promised a response within several days but did not provide any. I'm unsure if the company does not offer rejections (which indicates an inability to communicate rejection or 'bad news') or if they're so busy at this moment ($10m of venture capital deposited recently, trying to hire tons of people) but it ultimately did not leave the most professional impression.

Interview Questions

• Generic computer science algorithm questions in whatever language you like. Not difficult - if you search for "Computer Science Interview Question" you'll likely find these.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a coding problem and a logical puzzle. The CEO of the company called and it was really pleasure talking to him over phone. Smart people, push you hard enough to get the answers and helps when the interviewer is motivating rather than intimidating for a change.

Interview Questions

• It was a basic question to check if you know your data structures and algorithms. Logical puzzle was to test how quickly you can think. Overall very positive experience.   1 Answer

Client Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FiscalNote in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very quick and easy. HR Recruiter immediately reached out to me about a day after submitting my application. The first interview was about a 15-20 minute conversation with the recruiter about my resume, professional background, and interests in working for FiscalNote. Afterwards, you complete a deliverable the hiring team sends to get a sense of your work style. If you pass this, you get invited to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for FiscalNote? What goals have you accomplished in the past year that would make you a great fit for our company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for the video intern position and was then interviewed by telephone with a senior recruiter. Then 48-hours later, I received the following message: "Thank you for your interest in our company. While we were greatly impressed by you, we have decided to move forward with another candidate and are unable to move you forward at this time." I also applied to other internship positions with the company; however, the company does not specify which internship an applicant is being rejected for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this internship and how has your coursework or degree helped you for this internship position?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FiscalNote.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Submitted resume online. Contacted for initial phone screen then additional, phone interview. Asked standard question. The questions were not difficult, but I did not get an offer. From my understanding, they typically only hire through employee referrals.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

It took me 4 days to get the interview when I submitted the application. The recruiter emailed me to set the date for interview. The interview process was great and took less than 15 minutes. He asked easy questions and just wanted to learn about you and your past jobs.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online several weeks ago and received an email to schedule an phone interview. During the phone interview the recruiter asked me how do you know about this company and why do you want to work here... just very basic questions about the position. But I pretty sure the recruiter did not into my answers about this company not sure the reason ...

Interview Questions

• how do you know about this company   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FiscalNote (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, got a followup email not too long after. Scheduled an initial phone call, which asked about why I was interested in the company. A day or two later, I got the specs for a deliverable for round 2, which asked to design an email. Heard back about 2 weeks later that they went with someone else.

Contact was very friendly, overall a pretty good interview process.