Cover image for FiscalNote

66% Recommend to a Friend
65% Approve of CEO

Found 142 of over 149 reviews

3.7
FiscalNote CEO Tim Hwang (no image)
Tim Hwang

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "This growth is something that is actively sought and appropriately recognized by leadership — it is common for someone to be promoted into a leadership role.(in 5 reviews)
  • "As a previous reviewer stated perfectly: Egotistical CEO(in 4 reviews)
  • "Limited salary compared to other companies(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of FiscalNote and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Opportunities to grow

Sep 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company has so much untapped potential. Given it’s size and maturity, employees of all levels have the opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

Fast pace, constantly iterating…but that’s not a bad thing

2. 5.0

Decent place to work

Oct 1, 2022 - Lead Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Stable company - Friendly, diverse culture - Lots of good technical challenges

Cons

- Can be a grind at times when there are big features we want to release

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mixed Review Generally Good

Sep 28, 2022 - Associate Engineering Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Driven company intent on delivering to a global market

Cons

Acquisitions leave people who have enjoyed tenure on teams in the dust

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

10/10

Sep 27, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

From management to the product, I couldn't have asked for a better place to begin my sales career.

Cons

I have no cons as of yet

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful people and experience but insulting and insufficient pay

Sep 23, 2022 - Journalist/Reporter in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone here is brilliant and collaborative and it's probably one of the last legacy newsrooms in DC. Tons of people have worked here for well over 5-10, even 15-20 years, which is almost unheard of today. The Congress know-how is second to none and I was genuinely (but not in a bad way) intimidated by many people here who just have Capitol Hill down pat.

Cons

My biggest - and truly only - complaint was the pay. There was no room for salary negotiation but I was told they could match a substantially higher offer once I prepared to leave (and did). It's a shame, because to my surprise based on my thoughts coming in, I never would have considered leaving if the pay wasn't so insultingly low, and I didn't hesitate to let them know that on the way out. Work-life balance and upward trajectory were hard to suss out here, too. Unlike most current media companies that tend to promote people within a year or two at most, CQ Roll Call seems to wait 3-5 years before you get considered for a promotion, no matter what level you're at in the company. That's how it used to be done in the industry, but it feels like CQRC hasn't quite caught up to the present in that sense.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SDR

Oct 3, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment, facility, and product

Cons

Sales pressure with not much marketing support.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Massive attrition over several years

Sep 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Buzzy. Really nice office in DC. Recently listed on NYSE.

Cons

Massive turnover and repeated layoffs over a period of many years across most teams has left a fragmented workforce. Your co-workers will be smart, well-meaning, and have no idea what's going on or why. All of you will be trying to make the best situation out of poor decisions made by several generations of long-departed former FiscalNoters.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0

Up and down

Sep 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work-life balance - Opportunity to work on some exciting initatives (for a little while at least) - Lack of bureaucracy. No issues with "this is the way we've always done things."

Cons

- Chaotic work environment - Layoffs happen frequently. If you're in product, design, or engineering, keep your resume updated

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Headed for the cliffs

Oct 6, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Higher profile tech company with recent listing on NYSE to boost resume

Cons

Complete and utter disorganization internally with no sense of clear vision. Abusively and offensively low pay that seems initially like decent offer until you realize the comp is tied to highly unrealistic goals. C Suite seems to live on another planet - fast-paced acquisitions without any plan for integration, constant comparisons to Oracle and Bloomberg as if the company is in the same league, management is complete detached from the rest of the organization and seems more interested in nominating themselves for and collecting awards, marketing, undertaking vanity projects like financing other random startups and projects, living large with travel, and shmoozing with other CEOs and C suite industry execs without taking time to understand the significant and serious issues with the company. The core product is mediocre in a saturated space and despite customer attrition the CEO has "shiny new thing" syndrome. Once you are in the company, there is no room for growth, zero support, and constant pressure and shaming to reach wildly unrealistic revenue goals.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Was laid off for no reason

Oct 3, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

hard-working colleagues and flexible working hours

Cons

1. lay off an employee without a reason, shut down the e-mail and slack access immediately 2. the worst thing is the severance payment is not even half of my monthly salary

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews
</>Embed

FiscalNote Reviews FAQs

FiscalNote has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 149 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at FiscalNote to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, FiscalNote employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at FiscalNote. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

66% of FiscalNote employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated FiscalNote 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at FiscalNote to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with FiscalNote Job Seekers