Five9 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five9 Interview Questions

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Five9 in June 2016.

Interview

First set of interviews was over the phone and very conversational. Talked about past and recent experiences and was able to share my philosophies on the customer experience, contact center technologies and how a consultative approach to implementations is the key. The conversions allowed for this kind of sharing back and forth as I needed to find out as much about Five9 and their culture as they needed to find out about me.

2nd interview was via Skype and was purely technical. After we got the background technical experience out of the way I was presented with a 20 question quiz. The questions were not meant to stump you but simply allow you to speak to your knowledge of different technologies. Simply things like what is: ANI, DNS, ACD & the difference between predictive vs preview dialers. There was one homework item dealing with regular expressions as well. It was clear this was not meant to be a pass fail type quiz but really to gauge your confidence and depth on these topics.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to solve a challenging customer problem and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five9 (San Ramon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Disorganized, bland, lacking any real structure. Technology related questions made no sense. Interviewers were unprepared and were just reading my resume for the first time with me in the room!

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of router? Describe the best path selection of a router.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Five9 (San Ramon, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Ridiculous. Interview team was disorganized and unprepared. Questions centered around old technology that no one uses anymore. The head guy was brash and only seemed to be concerned about my comp than my technical background. Environment seemed depressing and dull and people genuinely looked like they hated being there. I couldn't wait to run out of there. Complete waste of time.

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Five9 (San Ramon, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Short meetings with three marketing execs. No urgency to hire. Hesitant to give timetable. Position has been open a long time.

Management needs to think through role and benefits of content marketing.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Five9 (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round of interview was an onsite interview with one of the implementation partner at San Ramon client place. I was called on Thrusday morning by a recruitment firm and was asked to attend the interview on the same day in the afternoon @1pm.I agreed to it since it was an urgent position. The interviewer was late because of some other meeting and i was waiting for close to 20 mins at the office. The interview finally started around 1:30 pm for close to 40 mins.I was told I will be given a feedback later.
    The next day around 11 am I got a call from the implementation partner and was asked to attend the interview with the client at 2pm the same day. Since I had prior commitments I requested them to schedule it first thing on Monday. They said ok. On Monday I did not receive any response from them. On tuesday I checked with them and they said that there is no longer going to be another round of interview!!Phew!!

Interview Questions

• 1. Java programming questions.
      2.Unix
      3.Selenium Webdriver/TestNG questions
      4.Basic OOPS concept
      1 Answer

Lead Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Five9 (San Ramon, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had several phone interviews with Matt and arranged an on-site. Was told I'd hear back within the end of April. Followed up afterwards and absolutely nothing on the other end. Not even an answer of a yes or no. Unprofessional and wasted both his and my time.

Enterprise Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Five9 (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interviews: manager, SE manager, sales person and then vp sales. Focused on experience and attitude. Checked ability to hunt, qualify, nurture and close deals. Talked about current customer relationships. Asked about quota obtainment, deal size, deal makeup. Got the chance to talk with existing sales person to learn about culture and processes. Very sales oriented in approach. Wanted people who know contact center technologies and operational understanding of the contact center. Also check ability to discuss financial ROI of cloud vs premise deals.

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Five9 (San Ramon, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled to meet with 4 staff in the company. I only met with three and last minute one of the interviewers was changed to a more junior staff. I wasn't able to meet with the hiring manager who was scheduled to be last. I met with each of them individually and had to introduce myself three separate times. The interview lasted for two hours. Only one was prepared and had read my resume prior to the interview. One admitted that she hated interviews and proceeded in an uncaring fashion. Overall, a poor interview session with unprepared staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you change our current business model? Three strengths and weaknesses. Questions were more directed towards my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Five9 in June 2015.

Interview

The engineers seemed knowledgable and friendly. Management, on the other hand, seemed unprofessional and lacked the required leadership.

They want cheap labor, and expectation is working long hours.

The questions were unstructured and unclear at times, due to the fact that they were more interested in showing off what they know, a big red flag.

Tip: Spend your day interviewing somewhere worth your time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Five9 (San Ramon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Too many people asking questions that don't pertain the job. And questions about software are so broad that it makes you feel like they don't know what they are looking for. So know someone before you apply or you are wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about Java?
      What do you think is the best way to get management to accept your ideas about code updates?
      What do you think about Five9?
      Do you know where the name comes from?
      Why are you leaving your current employer?
      Do you know anyone here? Who referred you?
      Answer Question