Five9 Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Five9 President & CEO Mike Burkland
Mike Burkland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is better than most (in 10 reviews)

• Great company that promotes team dynamics and genuinely cares about job satisfaction (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401K Match (But we do have ESPP, so that helps) (in 13 reviews)

• There is currently no 401K match, but outside of that the benefits package is great (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sincerely the Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Platform Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Five9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, awesome work environment, consummate professionals throughout the entire organization, great division of workflow between units

Cons

Some disparate systems between business units, still standardizing some processes

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and moving towards higher and higher levels of organizational maturity!

"Sales"

I have been working at Five9 full-time

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

"Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a great culture that promotes integrity and customer focus. I have never once had anyone say to me "thats not my job". Everyone is completely customer focused, and that means everyone is willing to jump in and work towards the goal of customer satisfaction. Love my management Team, and I feel good coming out of meetings with the CEO. Basically, I feel good working for this company, because it truly aligns with my values. Integrity, respect, customer focus, and support.

Cons

No 401K Match, but the Paid benefits more than make up for that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I'm proud to be a Five9 employee.

"Great HR"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at the company are great. Very friendly and willing to help. HR went above and beyond to recruit me and made me feel really wanted by the company. Comp and benefits are also great.

Cons

It would be nice to work from home at times

Sep 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for providing feedback about your time so far with the Five9 family. It is wonderful to learn we are at the top of your list of best companies you have worked for in 18+ years of... More

"If only they followed through on what they say"

I worked at Five9 full-time

Pros

Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis, whether it's to solve, resolve, and/or collaborate on questions, comments, and/or concerns.

Cons

Many leaders that were less than stellar. Leaders that didn't take time to teach, train, give constructive criticism, nor work together to find a way to resolve an issue. There were no processes put in place. Each time an issue arose it was like starting all over again. Outcomes were never repeatable so it was as though you were re-inventing the wheel over and over and over again. Onboarding/training a new employee was atrocious. There was never a defined process written up for this very important step. New employees constantly felt inferior vs. confident and always worried when "they were going to lose their job".

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to actually take time to listen to the employees doing all the work, to hear about the uncontrolled chaos, demands, and threats, that occur on a daily basis. Upper Management needs to take the time to sit with various Teams, for no less than one full week, in order to assess it correctly. (Kind of like the TV show called 'Undercover Boss'.)

Sep 20, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to write a review. We want every team member to develop professionally through feedback from managers and opportunities for development. We... More

"Technical Account Manger"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Five9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and leadership at Five9 are second to none. After 18 years in the IT/ Contact Center software space and many of those years being with fortune 100 companies, I can say with confidence that Five9 is the best company I have worked for.
    Sensible leadership, clear mission and reasonable boundaries coupled with a very supportive "in it together" culture, makes Five9 a top company. Transparency and an open and honest sense of accountability at most levels supports the internal teams.

Cons

Opportunity - Improved training for new hires as well ongoing training for current team members.

Advice to Management

At this phase of the companies growth, growing pains , resource scaling and training are key areas that should receive adequate funding and focus by e-staff.

"Happily Employed"

Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is open to questions and feedback
    People are Flexible, help each other and work as a team
    Many individuals can work remotely
    Salaries are quite reasonable (Average+), and the stock and our grants are moving skyward
    Depending upon your responsibilities, you may have some flexibility in terms of your schedule
    It is nice to work for a company, in the Valley, that is growing, stable, and that has revenue and profits

Cons

Management is considering 401k match, but does not exist today (Stock grants and the ESPP help ameliorate the deficiency)
    The company is growing clients and certain departments can use more staff. Good and bad...the company is focused on hiring based upon need, but they are conservative and do not want to hire too many during a boom cycle.
    There is plenty of work to keep one busy - But, management is good with time off and work / life balance

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Jun 22, 2017 – Head of HR

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions. As you mentioned, we are “open to questions and feedback” as we are always looking for ways to improve. The 401k match is... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that promotes team dynamics and genuinely cares about job satisfaction. Fantastic benefits with a growing company.

Cons

Fast moving, always a new challenge.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working for Fortune 100 companies it's refreshing to work for a company that's growing and appreciates employees!

Cons

While working remote is has its benefits, this company really makes you wish you were at headquarters.

10. "Review"

I have been working at Five9 full-time

Pros

Family-like atmosphere
    Free lunch on Fridays
    Nice green location

Cons

Slightly disorganized (IMHO)
    Salaries and benefits could be better

Sep 20, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It sounds like you enjoy working at Five9, but there are areas for improvement. It is important to us to provide an enjoyable environment for... More