Fivetran Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fivetran

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Interview

One good thing about the process was they respond fairly quickly. Although, it could just be because I didn’t make it to the offer.
    HR and manager round was fairly straightforward. Talked about my experience.
    The coding question was hard, at least for me. Especially if you consider the interviewer who seemed to be a junior guy.
    I don’t understand why people expect you to not just come up but also code a solution that you took hours to think of in a matter of minutes. It’s just ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Hackerrank coding question:
      You are given 2 arrays: one representing the time people arrive at a door and other representing the direction they want to go(in or out)
      You have to find at what time each person will use the door provided no 2 people can use the door at the same time.

Constraints: the door starts with ‘in’ position, in case of a conflict(2 or more people trying to use the door at the same time), the direction previously used holds precedence. If there is no conflict whoever comes first uses the door. Also if no one uses the door, it reverts back to the starting ‘in’ position.
      Should be linear time complexity.

If you solve this, please comment with how much time you think you would need to solve this in an interview and your yoe.. just wondering   1 Answer

Account Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fivetran (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

I received an offer from Fivetran. Two days later, that offer was rescinded (via email, no phone call) without explanation, citing a "no feedback" policy from HR. Shame, too, as I was planning on accepting.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts around optimal cross-functional partner alignment?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fivetran (Denver, CO) in February 2020.

Interview

A combination of in-person and phone interviews as well as a SQL programming test. The staff at Fivetran are all very friendly and intelligent, so the process ran very smoothly and efficiently. There was never a question of what the next steps would-be, and HR was extremely responsive to any questions. The actual interview questions were in-line with what one would expect given their product and that the position is in a sales support role.

Interview Questions

• They ask for a mock demo/presentation in the later rounds of the interview.   2 Answers

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fivetran (Denver, CO) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Started with a phone screen, then sourcing homework assignment, and lastly, a 3 hour onsite interview. They focused a lot on making sure I resonated with values of the company and that I could source passive candidates. It was a very streamlined interview process, and I felt that I received excellent communication throughout.

Interview Questions

• What values do you most resonate with?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fivetran (Oakland, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was very easy and well laid out for me, everyone was nice and the hiring team communicated with me every step of the way. I was very impressed with Fivetran and how the whole process played out. I voiced a few times that if I don't get the position I am happy how the process went.

Interview Questions

• What kind of leader am I
      How do I manage conflict
      How do i deal with someone on the team that is under performing   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fivetran (Oakland, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and described the opportunity. I moved forward to a phone screen with an internal recruiter. I then had a 1 on 1 interview with a Product team member followed by a SQL skills test. After the skills test, I was invited for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Pick one of our connector products and build a presentation on the value, schema, and key observations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fivetran.

Interview

An initial phone interview with the recruiter was followed up with a secondary phone interview with the head of software development. The senior recruiter made the entire process welcoming. The phone interviews did not focused on technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals in the field and in the company?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fivetran (Denver, CO) in January 2020.

Interview

It was methodical and very informative, with a relaxed atmosphere. Every tier felt appropriate for the ongoing flow of the process. Staff and team, including the hiring manager were very responsive to questions and all-around, helpful and professional. The whole thing was actually one of the top 3 interviews I’ve ever had in almost 30 years of professional interviewing. Kudos all around!

Interview Questions

• How do you manage competing priorities.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fivetran (Denver, CO) in January 2020.

Interview

Call with the director > call with hiring manager > On-site with hiring manager, team, and director (included call simulation) > Call with different hiring manager > On-site with hiring manager

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Very professional and engaging. They care about their team and want to make sure they are selecting the right people. The sales team there seems like they are all A players who have set their ego aside and care about the direction of the company more than personal gain

Interview Questions

• Sell me on anything you want that you’re passionate about   Answer Question