Flagstar Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.5

Float Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkley, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank (Berkley, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Met the manager, was offered coffee and water and briefly shown around the office, and was
     then asked a series of questions about previous work experience and my future goals

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the next six years as far as career?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interview by phone from HR Recruiter. He was very friendly and was able to convey a clear picture of the responsibilities of the position. Phone interview by hiring manager, then asked to come in and interview with hiring manager and two peer Regional Sales Managers. I then was interviewed by the Vice President, Regional Operations Manager, and President of Retail Banking. This was a very stressful interview with high stress questions designed to test your reaction to aggressive questioning. Although stressful, it was a great experience and prepared me for interviews like that in the future.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for our organization?   1 Answer

Quantitative Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank (Troy, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

This process was really short it was suppose to be 15 minutes interview. However, it just took 7 minutes. It was cold too as I did not have the opportunity to ask about the company. Like they would have asked do you have any question about our company? They just asked me couple of question and then said good bye. Later on I emailed them for a follow up and told me that they were still deciding who to pick. I never heard from them. And I think that they canceled the position.

Interview Questions

• How much are you willing to work? Talk about your resume.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank (Troy, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Given a phone call behavioral interview, then given a technical interview in person. The questions were pretty easy and didn't dive too deep into data structures and algorithms. Was asked for runtime of inserting a new value into an array at place array[0], was also asked why it was important to create classes and about ploymrphism

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank (Troy, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process fairly simple and straight forward. The manager and SME had a normal interview style. There were no trick questions. The first interview was with the direct manager. The second interview was with the direct manager and the person I was replacing. The interview lasted about an hour. I literally took the requisition and aligned my skills and abilities with it.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your skills in project management, systems analysis, excel.   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank.

Interview

The phone screen was brief, but thorough. The recruiter asked me to go over my resume, in detail. He answered my questions about the position. I found the experience to be pleasant. I was informed via e-mail that I did not get the position.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank.

Interview

Interviewed with the Secretary, then the CEO of the company. This position was referred to me by a mutual friend. During the interview, I was told about the company, and was asked about my salary requirement. This was over 10 years ago.

Interview Questions

• This was over 10 years ago. She asked what salary I wanted. They mostly explained about the company.   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Online process, submitted resume and received an email for phone interview next day. Phone interview consist of asking for examples and stories about how you handle issues and sales.
    Hiring manager called with 3 days to schedule face to face. Interview consist of Hiring Manager only. Questions were easy and more laid back than the phone interview, or maybe I was less nervous. They will do a background check that will consist of criminal, credit history and employment verification etc. They called all my references and asked questions. They also called previous employers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Flagstar bank?   Answer Question
    • What is your idea of teamwork?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in a manager?   Answer Question
    • If you felt as though you or a team member was not reaching a goal. How would you go about turning things around?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about introducing yourself to a new business prospect?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fair. I thought it would be more negotiating however it was over what I asked for.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy. It was a lot of talk about life in general. I was interviewed for an hours, 20 minutes being the actual interview. Typical questions: Best Trait? Worst Trait? What would your current boss compliment you on?

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flagstar Bank (Canton, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy and great it took two days and receive a acceptance letter, the background check is taking about 2 weeks to go through. They are going through credit reports and references.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time I struggled with meeting my goals and what did I do   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation