Florida Power & Light Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Power & Light Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.6

DSBN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview

The entire process was done on-line. I submitted an on-line application. Then used a website to do a one-sided video interview. Afterwards, I received an offer letter via email and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How do you define integrity?   1 Answer

Protection and Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

You are given a software program similar to skype to answer three to five questions. The software program teaches you how to record yourself and submit the question asked. The whole process takes about 15 to 25 minutes depending of how long you take to answer the question. You can not re-answer a question

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult challenges you encountered and how did you solve it.   1 Answer

Associate Distribution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juniper, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Juniper, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview at school with two of the employees, then online interview video submission that took about 10 minutes, and then a long, full day at the facility with tours and two panel interviews.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at a college career fair about the position I was interested in applying for. I was offered an interview the following day. During the first interview there were two people conducting the interview and they asked four basic behavioral questions that were written down on a form they had so that they could write down any interesting points or responses that I gave. After they asked the four questions they asked me if I had any questions for them. This opened up the floor for a pleasant discussion that I had with both interviewers and they were both very active in the discussion. It took quite a while for the company to get back to me and I wasn't given an email or phone number so I could follow up. However, it took them around two weeks to finally get in contact with me about an invitation to an open house which I will be attending this week and probably another round of interviews. So far the interview experience has been a pleasant one and I am looking forward to the upcoming open house. The only concern I had was the fact that they took quite some time to get in contact with me.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Hialeah, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience I truly loved everyone's attitude and their views on the company. A lot of behavioral questions. I would say that being yourself is truly the key and if you are a woman you probably have a leg up since I didn't see many at the open house interviews.

Interview Questions

Unfortunately, after talking it out with my husband working here with a newborn baby was not the best idea. I truly didn't want to reject the offer, but there was nothing else I could do. I tried explaining the hr person she was speechless. Hopefully in the future I could join them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxing. It was more of a conversation and I felt comfortable. FPL is a great company and I've been trying to get on with them for about two years. I finally got an interview and I think that it went very well.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Very relaxed, easy going. It felt more like a conversation. Although relatively easy, the hiring manager did make it a point to tell me that they are considering many applicants, and that the position is in high demand. I wasn't sure if this was her nice way of saying they'll pass on me, but other than that, the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult decision in the workplace.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. I applied online and was asked to give a time for an on campus interview after they reviewed my resume. The interview itself was between two managers at the company and myself, in which they asked pretty standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you faced challenges and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Meter Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was a simple phone interview.
    The overall hiring process however, was extremely long, drawn out and tedious. Background and associated items took forever and there were quite a few inaccuracies that I had to clear up in order to move forward in the process. I do understand why the company does this though, and the job is worth it.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things that are important to you while working?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

First Interview was through Hireview where you do a digital interview and it would ask you a series of question that you had only a few minutes to record the answer. Second interview was a live digital interview with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do your feel is your weakness and how could you improve that?   1 Answer