Florida Power & Light Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Power & Light Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light.

Interview

I was interviewed during a college recruitment effort, done on campus. Interview was non-technical (although I was recruited from engineering school) and focused on work ethic and cultural fit. Received a phone call with an offer within 1-2 weeks. The hiring process was very stress free and productive. Received 3 weeks of training and apartment housing for being remote. Only draw-back was people were located around the state and did not always get first choice.

Interview Questions

• None. Basically looking for answers to general problem solving questions like how do you manage time, where do you find information and how do you find answers when not readily available, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First job, so not much salary negotiation but did have opportunity to negotiate office location

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a call from a girl in HR to set up two phone interviews for two different internships based on my resume. The first interview went ok and the second one went really well. A week and a half went by and I didn't receive any email or call back. So I emailed the HR girl and she informed me that the internships were filled, and if one of them backs out I would be next in line for the position. The questions were fairly easy. Asked about my classes, projects, and things of that nature. I think the biggest drawback for them was the location issue. I lived a good distance from their office, even though I told them I would find a place for the summer closer.

Interview Questions

• They were all really easy questions. No technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at an event at my college campus. I had a lengthy conversation with her and convinced her that I was interested in the company. I received a phone call within 2 days to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview 2 days from then and received an offer shortly after. The entire process took just over a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you have several projects to complete but not enough time to complete them all?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and I had to answer typical interview questions. The questions were very general since I was applying for an internship position but you have to show interest in the power industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Florida Power & Light   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Juno Beach, FL).

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone, followed by an invitation to come onsite. Met with management and directors and spent approximately a half day there. Returned to complete a test onsite and meet with remaining directors and the vp. All meetings wee one on one. Conversations and questions came from slightly different angles depending on the person'a role who was interviewing. Next step I was given a test assignment that needed to be completed in 24 hours. After that I went through the background check process, which took the longest. Overall, FPL was responsive and communicative throughout the process to let me know I was on track but by nature the experience takes time.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would manage the project, execute, and measure a digital strategy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a representative at a college career fair about the position I was interested in applying for. I was offered an interview the following day. During the first interview there were two people conducting the interview and they asked four basic behavioral questions that were written down on a form they had so that they could write down any interesting points or responses that I gave. After they asked the four questions they asked me if I had any questions for them. This opened up the floor for a pleasant discussion that I had with both interviewers and they were both very active in the discussion. It took quite a while for the company to get back to me and I wasn't given an email or phone number so I could follow up. However, it took them around two weeks to finally get in contact with me about an invitation to an open house which I will be attending this week and probably another round of interviews. So far the interview experience has been a pleasant one and I am looking forward to the upcoming open house. The only concern I had was the fact that they took quite some time to get in contact with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Hialeah, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience I truly loved everyone's attitude and their views on the company. A lot of behavioral questions. I would say that being yourself is truly the key and if you are a woman you probably have a leg up since I didn't see many at the open house interviews.

Interview Questions

Unfortunately, after talking it out with my husband working here with a newborn baby was not the best idea. I truly didn't want to reject the offer, but there was nothing else I could do. I tried explaining the hr person she was speechless. Hopefully in the future I could join them.

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

The final interview process is a full 8 hour day. It involves multiple interviews and tours. The interviews are generally just you with two engineering leads. The questions are not technical. They're mostly just trying to see if you work well in groups and if you are a good communicator.

Interview Questions

• Do you think lying is ok in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (Jupiter, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

After reaching out to HR looking for entry-level position and being told to apply for service planner position, I performed a HireVue video interview (only really 2 questions to deal with, one asking about my definition of integrity). HR squeezed me into a spot for an Open House visit at the Jupiter office, and flew down the next week to interview - Open House was a great way to learn more about the position and get a summary of all of the benefits NextEra provides.

Half a day of touring and speaking with current employees (including recent hires in the role), another half a day of interviewing (2 rounds of 30 minute interviews, each round with 2 management-level employees). All of interview was behavioral/situational questions, they literally come in with a sheet of predetermined questions to ask and write down the whole time you're answering, only stopping once it's time for you to ask questions; they emphasize safety/integrity, as they are known for reliability.

Almost every single person I met (interviewers and interviewees) was from a Florida school or another place nearby. Day lasted from 8am-4pm, lunch in between tour round and interview round. My interviews seemed to go very well for the most part, for some reason did not get the position, never got any feedback so who knows. NextEra is a great company, though, so I'm still on the hunt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Power & Light (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, Onsite interview with 2 lower management and 2 upper management personnel. Both interviews are done separately. If they fly you in for on site interview you pretty much got the job.