Flowserve Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flowserve Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.6

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

Face to face meeting after phone interview with recruiter. Met with 5 gentlemen in the rancho dominguez office. Interview lasted 2 hours and I felt good about it although my technical skills were weak. Did not receive and offer but was informed that the position had been cancelled.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flowserve (Temecula, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on company's website in early September, a phone screening with a recruiter in late September, a phone interview with hiring manager in mid October. The interview with hiring manager includes describing my past research during graduate school and behavior questions. No tricky questions. Onsite interview with two directors (supposed to be three but one traveling) at Temecula in early November. Mostly behavioral questions. Weeks after, received a phone call from recruiter that the offer will be likely made. Received the official offer in early December. Did not negotiate. The initial offer was good enough.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on multiple projects at the same time? How would you deal with a coworker you don't like?   Answer Question

Inventory Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

Got an email saying I couldn't be reached by phone (although I had no missed calls or voice mails left for me) is there another way to set up phone screen. After several emails the screen was set for the following Monday, but was canceled 30 minutes prior by the company and after another round of emails the screen was rescheduled for the next day. The phone screen call came from another country and the connection was so poor and full of static that I couldn't make out half of what was being said. While I waited for yet another call from a different location I was offered a position with a different company and gave up on this mess.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Irving, TX).

Interview

Initial recruiter call
    Manager call
    Face to Face interview

Never heard back, not the most professional hiring process. First off the Hr person did not schedule my first meeting correctly

Interview itself with the manager was 3 hrs but was not productive

Interview Questions

• Name one mistake you did at work   1 Answer

On-Site Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Victoria, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted a week after applying online for a phone interview. I spoke with an HR representative and thought the interview went very well. About a week later, I was sent a personality assessment and asked to rank 60 character traits in order from least to most important. A few days after the online assessment, I was notified I was no longer considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How did you hear about this company/position?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit?
      Do you have any experience with pumps?
      Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Deer Park, TX).

Interview

Phone interview and then the in-person interview. Let's just say, I could not have interviewed with a worse hiring manager. I was basically drilled for this position on things that didn't even relate to it.

On-Site Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flowserve (Pasadena, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied during my university career fair, and received an email for interview 4 months later.
    It was an on-site interview. We started with an technical evaluation about pump design, followed by a facility tour, a group exercise (with 3 Flowserve staff members , just watching us and taking notes), and ended with a 2-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, what you know about the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview

I was hired straight on, no temp work, very fast. However that was almost a year and a half ago, since then a few of us have tried to advance and receive promotions but to no avail.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

One initial phone screening with HR, phone interview with Hiring Manager, and followed by face to face interview. Interview process was good and was asked to provide examples on almost every question. I however was not clear on the job responsibilities as they were so vague on specifying which products were under this Product Manager position. I had 3 interviews with them and I followed up with the HR when they asked me to for the final candidate selection. No response. As a courtesy since I was selected for all phases of interview process, they could let me know. Disappointing when companies don't appreciate the candidates.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with cross functional team and remote locations.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flowserve (Vernon, CA).

Interview

hR phone screen - 10 minutes, basic questions. 1. Hour in person interview with a handful of people. Pretty casual and friendly interview, but it all depends on who you get. Nothing too challenging