Fluid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluid (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

When you walk in the door, you literally feel the energy of a startup company with a mission. This is great, considering Fluid is a 10 year old company with a well established presence in San Francisco. The culture is open, positive, and the people there a truly passionate about what they do and how they do it. Innovation and progress seem hardwired into the company, and chatting with the co-founders and employees will immediately make you aware that this is a company on a mission to do great things. The phone screenings were very thorough and engaging but not laborious, and the questions were very detailed and focused. My advice to other candidates would be - bring your "A" game, know your stuff (in terms of work, trends, etc), and be confident in who you are. If you can't handle those three things, don't bother applying.

Interview Questions

• You seem very proud of your work for your current client. Why are you looking to leave?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were smooth and efficient. I had 2 other offers pending at the same time, and Fluid was the company that stood out as one that actually listens to and, most importantly, responds to questions and concerns. I feel their offer was very fair and competitive with much bigger companies/agencies, and accurately reflects my own valuation of my skill set and growth potential.

If you are considering an offer, think not just about what you are doing right now but think about what you think you'll want to be doing in 3-5 years. There are opportunities to grow and expand your skill set here that you just will not find in other agencies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluid.

Interview

Apply at a Campus Career Fair, I got my first interview. I thought it wasn't too hard. The interview was only 30 mins long.

Interview Questions

• Make a function that thats in a number, the function must return true if it is prime.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluid (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

First they messed up to schedule the appointment. That was because someone failed to schedule the interview on the interviewers calendar. They made me wait that day. I had to contact them to see if the position was available and they scheduled me again. The day of the interview something went wrong. The interviewer seemed nice but when he asked me a question, I did not understand what he said because I am an English as a second language speaker. He thought I did not know anything about CS so he declined to continue interviewing me and let me go. I was concerned so I asked them for any feedback, which they never responded back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Fluid in January 2013.

Interview

I had a few different phone interviews throughout the process, the company seems to have it's act together in recruiting and the technical questions were very challenging. As it was only scheduled to be a 30 min phone interview, I sort of underestimated the amount and scope of technical questions I was going to get hit with. I was forced to stay on track when I tried to expand on some past work (which are topics I have rehearsed well and that I like to bring up). Come prepared ready to talk fast and make sure you up to speed on the technical side.

Interview Questions

• A lot of detailed javascript questions including closures, types, AJAX and JSON-P, prototype.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluid (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by HR for a phone interview. The phone interview was typical, wanted to get to know me and my skills. About a week later, I was invited in for in-person interview with the CD and then two ADs, who would all work directly above me.

I enjoyed meeting with all three -- I felt like I could be myself and they really appreciated that. Their lack of stuffiness allowed conversation to flow naturally about my career and the company. Everyone I met was very friendly and seemed happy and excited about what they do. They spent over an hour and half talking to me, and I appreciated that, especially because it meant I didn't have to be called in for a second interview -- they were thorough enough in their one meeting with me to get to know me, and that saved all of us precious time.

Also, they didn't assign me one of those "test projects" that so many companies have design interviewees do nowadays. That made me feel that they trusted how I represented myself and my portfolio, and had respect for me as an employed professional whose time is already valuable (and who doesn't have the luxury of spending the next few days belaboring over a "test project" for them for no compensation, or even the benefit of getting feedback for the work).

So, the respect, friendliness, and enthusiasm I saw reflected very brightly on what it would be like working there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fluid (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really dragged out. Each was a single Skype interview set on a different day where we worked through a particular coding problem. I went through about 4 rounds before deciding to bow out.

Interview Questions

• CSS questions that tested fundamental skills and challenges.
      Logic problems written in Javascript
      Responsive fundamentals.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluid.

Interview

Pretty easy-ish and expected all questions about my experience. Had group interview in the end. It helped that I had a good PPT deck

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Low balled but decided to take it just to gain the experience

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fluid (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Staff was very friendly well versed in their professions willing to listen and interact. Met with multiple team levels including c-level executive. First a phone call with HR representative about background and interests. Then followed up with scheduling an in person interview with office staff. Process was rather quick. Met at NY office- very hip and trendy.

Interview Questions

• Asked about former experiences and interest in working with the company especially if seeking a long term employment   Answer Question

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fluid (Oakland, CA).

Interview

This interview process was warm and welcoming from start to finish. I was contacted by a fabulous & professional recruiter--she was in communication with me throughout the process and always followed up within the expected timeframe. The people that interviewed me asked me relevant questions and seemed genuinely interested in my background, interests, and professional growth. Overall, very pleasant and transparent which directly reflects the company culture at Fluid.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests / background in related to e-commerce?   Answer Question

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluid (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was unnecessarily long. I did 4 rounds of interviews and was asked the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really unexpected, they did ask me to analyze one of their customers products on spot and how I would implement a solution.   Answer Question