Fluor Federal Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fluor Federal Services

1.9

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services (Greenville, SC).

Interview

The process started with an online application, from there I reveived an email that they had received my application and was reviewing it. After about 20 days I recieved a call that they would like to set up an interview with HR. The next week was interview with HR. Then came a phone interview with my hiring manager and her counterpart. Also keep in mind that the hiring process includes having to fill in you employment history into several databases, going through the drug test at a physical location, backgroud investigation, credit history check, verifying that you have read and understand everything before they can start the onboarding process. Each of these steps coan require additional phone inquiries or answer question phases.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services (Greenville, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Received phone call since I was a previous employee. They asked if I was ready to go and they would call me and they did not have contract yet and was waiting for it to be awarded. Once it was awarded I was contacted again by phone

Interview Questions

• Could I be ready to fly in 2 days   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ended up offer me a lesser position.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. Management and HR was very pleasant and nice to speak with. Clearly defined job roles and concise on what they needed to fill the position. Very pleased with the interviewing process and the level of care when following up.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services (Oak Ridge, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

phone interview with 3 guys, contacted by HR with a job offer a week later

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer

Senior Expeditor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services.

Interview

Most of the normal questions. Prepare to do a couple months worth of massive paperwork before going to someplace like Afghanistan. Be patient. It takes time.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 12 hours per day, 7 days per week, for months on end?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple.

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services (San Diego, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I got one phone call after being recommended by a head hunter. The phone call lasted 10 minutes and involved little to no technical questions. There is little to no screening for experience here.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services (Richland, WA) in May 2009.

Interview

When very quickly about 1/2 hour.

Negotiation

N/A

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services.

Interview

Brought me in 3 times and took about 6 weeks of my time. The questions were geared more toward would I fit with their click than the actual job or what I could contribute

Interview Questions

• Tell me the FAR? How do you handle difficult program managers we have some negative people here?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services (Richland, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Group of about 5 people interviewed me. Pretty standard questions as this was for my first job out of college. Everyone was very nice and made me feel comfortable when I was obviously very nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation with multiple tasks being due at the same time and not having enough time complete everything.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fluor Federal Services.

Interview

Disorganized and unpredictable. No updates between steps, time between steps can be 5 minutes or 5 months. Interviewers don't evaluate skills or knowledge. Hiring is mostly dependent on knowing someone within the company.