Foliage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foliage Interview Questions

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foliage (Burlington, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview took about three hours, I met with HR, group members, and director and each of them took about 30 minutes . All of them are very nice and the questions are about your resume and projects you completed. The most important thing is your idea about the process of any projects.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your project briefly and potential users of it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Foliage.

Interview

Drawn out interview process with multiple rounds. At least five rounds in my case spanning literally months. In the end HR went radio silent, no word either way. Very unprofessional process. I could understand the behavior if it was only one or two rounds but not after so much contact and the level of the position.

Interview Questions

• Question from the CEO, "Dazzle me with your questions"   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foliage (Burlington, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was able to talk to different people, though everything was a bit rushed. You could tell everyone had another place to be. I appreciated how candid the interviewers were.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foliage (Burlington, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a referral from a friend (they have an excellent referral program). ASenior Technical Contract Recruiter emailed me shortly after and did a phone screening. An on-site interview was scheduled. I met VP of Human Resources, Technical Director, Principal Software Engineer (potential peer), Director of Software Engineering (hiring manager). The whole process was about 3 hours.

Position and compensation were not commensurate with my experience.
    The company was stable, had great culture and great people. They offered flexibility and self-governance. The work was diverse and excellent for building broad and deep skills. The 401K plan matching and employee referral are great.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foliage (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had phone interview which went well then was invited for a face to face interview. Spent half a day meeting with 4 of my peers and my manager. All questions were professional. Everyone was forthcoming about the expected roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with non-functional requirements of the project?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Two straight forward phone screens about background, skills, and experience. Very friendly and easy to talk to. After that an in person interview. The in person interview was not difficult because all the tougher questions had been asked on the phone screens, the in person interview seemed more to see me and get to know me a little better before offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about your experience so far and how it would add value here at Foliage.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- happy to be paid.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foliage (Burlington, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, which was really great since I'd been spending a lot of time job hunting. Then I set up a phone interview with the head of systems engineering. This was followed by an in-person interview with several systems engineering people, one after another, about a week later.

Everyone shared their perspectives about the company and culture freely when I asked, and I was thrown a mix of background, skills, and problem-solving questions on the spot. I liked the folks I met a lot, and the recruiting staff were so respectful and really went out of their way to make sure I was happy (they seem to do this with everyone!)

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on any hardware projects in the past? What were they?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked as part of an engineering team before? Describe.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foliage in November 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager and then a follow-up face to face interview with several 1:1 interviews. The follow-up interview did not include the hiring manager so I never got to meet him which seemed strange. Questions were pretty easy, tell me about past experience, projects you worked on etc. A few technical questions but they were pretty easy and high level.

Interview Questions

I contacted several folks who used to work there via networking and what I heard scared me off, primarily that they are constantly growing and shrinking as they take on new clients and finish up with other clients. The turnover rate is very high despite what HR will tell you. The business is family owned and run by several brothers and sisters so if you are not one of the insiders you have no real future there. The folks I spoke with during the interview did not seem very excited about the place either.