Follett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Follett Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Follett

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Follett.

Interview

10 minute IQ test in the beginning. Then, the recruiter spent a majority of the interview going over the benefits package with me. It seemed like a waste of time to go over the benefits in that much detail before you truly interview someone. If you decide you want to hire someone, then you can go over benefits in greater detail. Spending so much time on the benefits left me feeling like I didn't have enough time to ask job related questions/discuss my qualifications. That being said- I don't think the recruiter would have been able to answer questions anyways. She did not seem well versed in the subject manner. Lastly, the recruiter planned a ~5 hr long interview because she wanted me to meet the VP . When it was time for me to meet the VP, she told me the VP was busy and that they would call me back to come in again another day. That really rubbed me the wrong way- as an HR professional, someone better be dying for me to cancel an interview after they were already there. Respect your candidates time! I'm guessing that perhaps the recruiter did not find me worthy of introducing to the VP, but then perhaps you should instead only have the first round of interviews scheduled and IF that person is good, schedule them for a second on a different day. I essentially took a full day off work only to spend an hour listening to you describe your company's benefits package.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Follett (Easton, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Took forever. You get to deal with a bunch of idiots. I thought that was bad but when I started I met some really screwed up people in management and higher up... Like the owner.

Interview Questions

• How flexible I was with hours and what are you willing to do to get in the door and how far will you go for a job.   1 Answer

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Follett (Easton, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

Hiring process went through a variety of individual interviews with shop supervisors, HR staff and executive VP. Mechanical skills testing and personality test were part of employment screening. Company verified job references and completed pre-employment drug screening. Hiring process took about 3 weeks and once they made decision to hire they were looking for an asap start date. New hires are now being directed through an outside hiring agency.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work like an Olympic athlete?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation involved. Pay is pre-determined with a collective bargaining agreement.

Manager Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Follett in January 2009.

Interview

one on one phone interview went well, many key questions about background, strengths, weaknesses, ability to lead and manage programs and marketing projects. Many questions aroubnf how you would act in certain situations and activities. Many questions around being an innovative thinker and reaching well thought out conclusions.