FoodServiceWarehouse.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FoodServiceWarehouse.com Interview Questions

2.4

Distribution Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FoodServiceWarehouse.com (North Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Your interview with the head of every department so expect to be there for one to two hours. You will be taken on a tour to see multiple areas of processing. Wear comfortable shoes.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FoodServiceWarehouse.com (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred to FSW and they setup an in-person interview immediately. I took the day off from my current FTE to do so.

In the first round, I was interviewed by two developers and a non-developer.

The non-developer was rude. He kept making inappropriate comments. The other two developers were constantly telling him to knock it off.

Such as: "You have a great background, but, you're resume is just way too long." I respond. He says "I'm just kidding... or am I? [snicker]". Unprofessional.

The first technical question they asked was to write code on the whiteboard to output a factorial calculation. However, their explanation of the output format was very poor. I asked for clarification several times while attempting to answer the question, and each reply was even more confusing. It finally became clear when I wrote out an example of the output and they finally realized how confusing they were actually being. After that was resolved, I was able to write 90% of the correct code until the non-developer interrupted me and said I was doing it wrong. This caused me to second guess myself and re-consider everything from scratch. On top of that, the other two developers chastised him once again for doing this. However, they did not reassure me that I was on the right path, either. And despite all of this, I am a self-taught programmer (which they knew, because I made sure to point it out) who has never once ever had to calculate a factorial in 17+ years; and yet my answer was nearly spot on. I simply didn't have time (or motivation) to finish it thanks to the confusing and inappropriate behavior.

It was at this point I gave up. I wanted to walk out. However, I stayed throughout the entire interview process because I didn't want any negativity to brush back on my referral.

So, they asked me a few more questions, which I answered correctly. However, all of them were poorly explained. The last question was so bad, I simply pawned it off and didn't answer. I have a feeling I may have been rolling my eyes at this point.

The first part of the interview stopped because upper management wanted to use our meeting room. Again, great organization/communication! Honestly, I was just happy to be away from the non-developer. He should have never been in the interview to begin with. He wasn't even a programmer!

The second part of the interview was a programming test on a laptop loaded with Visual Studio.

The person overseeing the test's ability to communicate was just as bad. And, when I would ask questions, he would immediately get frustrated and act like he didn't want to help. And I did ask a lot of questions, intentionally, to demonstrate my ability to engage and work with others. I also didn't have much choice, since the scope of work consisted of electricity, volts, watts and lumens; all surrounding the usage of electrical current and light bulbs, of which I barely have a rudimentary knowledge of. The person overseeing the test was getting upset that I didn't have a complete understanding of this. Really? That is a very poor assumption to place on your candidates. Regardless, I still completed the exam in less than an hour and got everything correct.

Finally, the last phase of the interview was with primary management. Initially, he told me I did very well. Then, half-way through the interview, he told me I did a very poor job (??). Which was followed by "we would like to offer your 'this' amount for salary, but since you did poorly, we have to offer you 'this much less'". And it was barely much less than what I had asked for. Sitting there, I could tell he was trying to utilize the poor interactions between myself and the interviewers as an excuse to lower my salary; despite the fact that I actually did well.

And, if I had done so poorly then I would not have been offered the job!

At this point I was handed off to HR. They gave me an offer letter shortly after I left the building.

Of course I turned it down.

In recent updates: it is public knowledge that FSW has laid off nearly their entire developer staff.

So, to you I say: good luck! Maybe you can deal with factorial calculations and lumens in your interviews, too!

Interview Questions

• Write code on the whiteboard to output a factorial calculation.   1 Answer

An interview isn't just a one-way evaluation. The candidate evaluates you, and your company, too. Remember that.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FoodServiceWarehouse.com (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial pre-screen interview was over the phone. It was with a company recruiter, and it was mostly about the company, it's growth, and it's culture. Some odd jokes were made, mostly to gauge my personality.

The second interview was a face to face with some development team members. They seemed slightly disinterested, and did not smile much. A nerf-gun was also on-hand by one of the team members. Their questions were made to gauge my understanding of C#. They weren't overly technical, but some were about obscure areas of code, which are not often, or rarely used.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FoodServiceWarehouse.com (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really laid back and friendly. FSW moves very quickly. I got a call from the recruiter (Ben) on a Friday afternoon and by Monday afternoon I had completed my second and third interviews and received an offer. During the phone screen we discussed basics about the position and the company's culture (and how I might fit in). It was very casual and easy. After that call, Ben immediately reached out to me to schedule an in-person interview.

The second "interview" was Ben and I diving deeper into the role and the specific skills necessary to thrive as a BA in FSW. Honestly, it was very conversational and easy-going.

After that, I was taken to another conference room where I interviewed with the Manager I'd be reporting to. A development team lead also sat in. That interview was a lot more technical. They asked very specific questions about my background and asked me to apply my experience to the work I would be doing at FSW.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss your experience working in a highly agile environment.   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FoodServiceWarehouse.com (Englewood, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two gentlemen at once and given a tour of the facility by HR. Once the tour ended, I was asked a series of questions by HR, which included responding to a summarization of what I learned about the company and the position that I was interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Am I comfortable performing Commercial Collections?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FoodServiceWarehouse.com (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Designed to intrigue art, history, and english majors. Ask some pretty dumb questions to try and show they were hip and happening. Should be relatively easy, but they won't be hiring any time soon...maybe repo men. It is very possible they go our of business soon, but the CEO probably needs to worry about jail and being sued by shareholders.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FoodServiceWarehouse.com (Greenwood Village, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I was brought in and interviewed in four rounds on the same day. First with the manager, second with a couple would-be teammates, and then a manager from a close department, and finally with HR.

Overall, it actually was very casual. The questions were straight-forward. I got a call back that evening with the job offer. So there was really no waiting around which was nice.

Interview Questions

• If you were a kitchen appliance what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was straight-forward and done directly with the manager.