Foreign Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foreign Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.2

Interview

It was very straight forward and only asked questions that they wanted to be answered. Make sure you are prepared by doing your research about retail and marketing. They mainly asked about the retail side and how you would approach a customer and make sure that you up-sell for them so that they buy in more of their deals they have going on.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange in September 2015.

Interview

Got a call back a week after I submitted my resume and application to the store. Very easy and casual interview. Sat on a bench outside the store and discussed my skills, my abilities, if I was capable of doing this and that, my interest in fashion, etc. It also helps to wear their clothing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange.

Interview

Same day I took in my application I was offered an interview time set for the next day. When I had went in the next day I only waited about 10 minutes for the store manager to interview me. It was fairly easy since she only asked about 3 questions and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses?
      Why would you like to work here?
      How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange (Brea, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They brought a bunch of people in for a group interview and went around asking typical questions such as how you would approach all sorts of different situations. They really wanted to gauge if you had the appropriate format down.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange (Cerritos, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

One interview then a phone call the next day saying I had the landed job. I found the opportunity in craigslist so I applied. I was called minutes after I submitted my app then asked to interview the following day. I got asked a few questions, went inside to meet managers and associates. I received a call less than 3 days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why foreign exchange?
      What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Filled out an application in store - got a call to interview two days later. I liked the store and she sounded nice, but some of the managers expectations about coming in to work last minute scared me a little. friendly, though. had me pretend to build an outfit for a girl and a guy about to go on a date together at the movies, looking for clothes at the foriegn exchange. pciked random things in the store to do it. she liked "casual" style i think.

Interview Questions

• if i called you up late afternoon on christmas eve when you already had plans, would you drop everything and come to work?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange (West Covina, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

As informal as a formal interview could be. We sat in the break room and I was asked questions. She asked me personality questions and work ethic questions. Was very helpful afterwards and seemed to hire me because she liked my personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange (Arcadia, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty serious so i was surprised considering it was just a clothing store. The girl who interviewed me wasn't the friendliest person I've ever met, she went straight to business no getting to know each other or anything like that. The interview was fast and the questions were pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about selling me and item from the store?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process is simple. Turn in resume and application. Store or hiring manager at specified location interviews and if necessary following interviews with upper management and HR may follow. All full time positions require an HR interview in a business casual setting. Interviews are direct usually with question and answer response styles.

Sales Associate/Lead Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foreign Exchange in May 2012.

Interview

I turned in the application and my resume to the store, one day later I got a phone call to come in for an interview at 6 o'clock. It was really short notice but I went anyway. I got there 5 minutes early and introduced myself to the manager letting him know I had an interview at 6. He told me to wait around for a bit, so I did. Next thing I know, I'm waiting there for thirty minutes while the manager is talking to his other manager, walking and disappearing into the back room, and coming in and out of the store. I was getting fed up, so I went up to the girl and told her I had an interview at 6pm and she said it's 6:30pm, I then told her that I had been waiting since 5:55pm for an interview. She had to call the store manager and he then played it off as if they never "saw me" and this was the same guy I had introduced myself to when I first walked in!! We then had the 1:1 interview. 2 days later I got a call, but I had missed it and they didn't even leave a voicemail and I didn't even want to call back after all the waiting I had to do.

OVERALL, unprofessional. It was the worst interview I have ever had. Waste of my time.

Interview Questions

I don't like the management and no longer like the store. They could not pay me enough to work for this place. I accepted another offer somewhere else.