Forever New Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Retail Sales Associate and Stock Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

First of, the person that I was meant to meet forgot about the interview, and couldn't make it in the end. Second someone else did the interview without any prep and knew nothing about what I was applying for and therefore was not able to answer some questions regarding the role. It was just a very disappointing first impression of the company. The person that interviewed me was lovely though. Even though I knew that I was more than qualified for the role, I'm actually glad that I did not get an offer, after learning more about the company, its unprofessionalism and of its high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Very basic out of a the book kind of questions (the interviewer literally just read out every question from the pages). Very repetitive questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Forever New (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

First was recruited through an online agency and had a phone interview. Also filled out an online personality quiz. Was later contacted for a second interview. Met with the Canadian manager for a one on one interview. Kept it very casual over coffee and spoke about fashion and business.

Interview Questions

• What weren't influences in fashion and what do I do to keep with trends.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever New.

Interview

Only 3 people including myself turned up for the group interview. I thought the business manager was fantastic and professional which is what attracted me to pursue a career in retail.

Interview Questions

• To style myself and present it to everyone for e.g. What I was wearing where I got it from   Answer Question

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever New (Auckland (New Zealand)) in December 2013.

Interview

This was my first job in fashion retail, but I still got an offer because I had volunteered at New Zealand Fashion Week, and I had a lot of volunteering experience in general.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2013.

Interview

Brought my resume into the store. Left it with one of the staff members. She asked me a couple of questions about my experience. Then I wrote down my availability.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Forever New?
      2. What do you think is good customer service?
      3. Explain a time that you went above and beyond for a customers?
      Answer Question

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in September 2013.

Interview

Handed in a resume to a local store. Done with Store Manager at a nearby coffee shop, casual process. Asked a few questions about retail experience and a few questions about my personal life.

For more recent interviews, applicants are required to apply online and will go through a screening process before being interviewed 1:1 with a Store Manager. Previous retail experience and an referral for a current employee will be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is non negotiable, depends on age and based on the retail award. For casuals, availability can be quite flexible but depends on what the store needs.

ECommerce Digital Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, 2nd round interview occured just over a week after the 1st. The interview includes behavioral based questions where you'll be asked to answer specific examples from your previous experience. Waited for about 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, no one looks at you or acknowledges you as you wait to be seen. Interview was normal, you are asked to ensure that you are well presented, deliver yourself articulately and be prepared to answer questions around your past experience before you attend.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever New (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring, and was invited to send my resume over. An interview was scheduled the following week at a cafe nearby the store. I got offered that same week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Check about the minimum number of hours required a week/month

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forever New (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

It was an amazing experience. The company is really passionate about the things they do and I like how they try to sell affordable clothing without looking cheap. I applied online because the store wasn't open yet, got a phone interview call about 2 3 weeks later, they asked common questions like what's your availability, where did you last work, describe your experience with that company and what did you like and not like about it and of course salary expectations. about a week later a got another call for a group interview, the representative from forever new made me feel really comfortable, she was so friendly and you can tell that she really believe in the company and the products. She talked a little bit about the company and asked us to introduce our names, pervious job, why want to work at forever new and lastly if we could be any animal what would we be. Pretty easy questions, they have some company values, like passion, quality, service, customer service and such like that, and we were asked to pick a few from the list and tell them why we believe it plays an important role. Lastly we had to think of a creative way to sell an outfit, like a role play, fashion show, song, rap anything really, that's most,y because the store wasn't open yet, so they couldn't tell us to run around the store and make an outfit and describe why we choose what we chooses and how would we sell it to a customer. Overall a very positive experience, I would recommend dressing very similar to forever news style for the interview and if your gonna wear jeans, at least make it look professional. This is a retail store is that solely based on top trends and styles. I also like how the company sends rejection emails, so your not continuously waiting for weeks for a call back. One of the reasons why I got the job might be because a brand new store was opening so they hired a lot of people. Even if you don't have any retail experience for a sales associate position, they only care about your passion and willingness to learn, because they believe that being a good sales associate is something they can always teach, but finding someone with passion is really important to the company. I wish you all best of luck.

Apparel Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through a recruiter. I was told by the recruiter to prepare heavily on trend research. The interview was conducted by the head brand manager/merchandiser and head of Human Resources. However I was not told what role the Human Resources person which was a bit confusing in terms of who to answer certain questions as I thought she was a creative. The merchandiser essentially bombards you with questions at firing speed. She asks about trends, what designers do you look for inspiration, what designers do you think Forever New looks to for inspiration, what about the assortment or product do you see needs improvement, how would you improve it.

Interview Questions

• What would you improve about our product/assorment?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve on the product or category you see has needs for improvement   Answer Question