Forever New Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

Christmas Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

First applied online on the Forever New website. About two weeks later they emailed me to select a time to come in for an interview. At the beginning of the interview I was handed a form to fill out which asked for my availability and the contact info for my referees. Interview was very casual and the manager was very nice.

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockingham (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever New (Rockingham (Australia)) in October 2017.

Interview

I saw an advertisement for the job on my local shopping centre's website. I called Forever New to ask whether the position was still open, and they encouraged me to bring my resume in to the store and also apply online. I took my resume to the store the same day, and got a call the day after for an interview, which happened the next week.

For the interview, myself, the store manager and someone else who worked there sat at a table in the food court of the shopping centre. I wore something professional but similar to the clothing that Forever New sells. The manager had a bundle of documents she kept looking through with questions on them. The interview lasted for roughly 25 minutes, there was a lot of questions and the manager was also very chatty in that time. The interview was quite casual considering the setting, but it still lasted a long time and some of the questions required a lot of thought.

I was called back about 4 days after the interview to be informed that I did not get the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever New.

Interview

Phone interview which was general customer service questions then a one on one interview with manager and assistant manager. Simple interview in a non formal format just at a cafe.

Retail Sales Associate and Stock Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

First of, the person that I was meant to meet forgot about the interview, and couldn't make it in the end. Second someone else did the interview without any prep and knew nothing about what I was applying for and therefore was not able to answer some questions regarding the role. It was just a very disappointing first impression of the company. The person that interviewed me was lovely though. Even though I knew that I was more than qualified for the role, I'm actually glad that I did not get an offer, after learning more about the company, its unprofessionalism and of its high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Very basic out of a the book kind of questions (the interviewer literally just read out every question from the pages). Very repetitive questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Forever New (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

First was recruited through an online agency and had a phone interview. Also filled out an online personality quiz. Was later contacted for a second interview. Met with the Canadian manager for a one on one interview. Kept it very casual over coffee and spoke about fashion and business.

Interview Questions

• What weren't influences in fashion and what do I do to keep with trends.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever New.

Interview

Only 3 people including myself turned up for the group interview. I thought the business manager was fantastic and professional which is what attracted me to pursue a career in retail.

Interview Questions

• To style myself and present it to everyone for e.g. What I was wearing where I got it from   Answer Question

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever New (Auckland (New Zealand)) in December 2013.

Interview

This was my first job in fashion retail, but I still got an offer because I had volunteered at New Zealand Fashion Week, and I had a lot of volunteering experience in general.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2013.

Interview

Brought my resume into the store. Left it with one of the staff members. She asked me a couple of questions about my experience. Then I wrote down my availability.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Forever New?
      2. What do you think is good customer service?
      3. Explain a time that you went above and beyond for a customers?   Answer Question

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in September 2013.

Interview

Handed in a resume to a local store. Done with Store Manager at a nearby coffee shop, casual process. Asked a few questions about retail experience and a few questions about my personal life.

For more recent interviews, applicants are required to apply online and will go through a screening process before being interviewed 1:1 with a Store Manager. Previous retail experience and an referral for a current employee will be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is non negotiable, depends on age and based on the retail award. For casuals, availability can be quite flexible but depends on what the store needs.

ECommerce Digital Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever New (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, 2nd round interview occured just over a week after the 1st. The interview includes behavioral based questions where you'll be asked to answer specific examples from your previous experience. Waited for about 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, no one looks at you or acknowledges you as you wait to be seen. Interview was normal, you are asked to ensure that you are well presented, deliver yourself articulately and be prepared to answer questions around your past experience before you attend.