Forza Silicon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Forza Silicon

3.7

Sort:

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forza Silicon in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and did some networking on Linkedin and received a technical phone call interview for 1 hour 10 minutes. ALL of the questions were on my resume and I did projects on PLL, 2 stage Op amps, Delta Sigma ADC. Since I had no experience, they asked me if I would be willing for an internship but haven't heard back again after the call.

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Forza Silicon.

Interview

Attended the career fair at my university and got an email back from one of the senior managers. We scheduled an on campus interview. Manager told me in the email that it would be a technical interview. He also asked if I could bring some technical documents (For example, lab reports) Met with 2 managers at my universities career center. Interview lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a CMOS inverter is? Can you draw a CMOS inverter circuit for us? How does this circuit work? If the input is 1 and the output is 0, how is the circuit behaving. If the input is 0 and the output 1, how is the circuit behaving.
      Tell me about your circuit design experience. Can you show us a circuit you designed? Be knowledgable with everything thats on your resume.   1 Answer

Engineering Internship - Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Forza Silicon (Pasadena, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through my school's job site, in which they asked to have an on-campus interview with me. Very mellow, in-formal, behavioral interview. The interviewer was very nice, and easy-going, also knew all the professors since he went to my school, Cal Poly Pomona. Asked questions about my resume, senior project, and some classes he saw on my transcript. I followed up after the interview with a thank you email and he got back to me in a week asking me to come to the facility for an technical interview. Lasted about 3 hours, 2 different panels. All were very nice. I followed up with the original interviewer after the 2nd interview and was offered a Intern position a couple weeks after that. Very easy-going process. You just need to keep contact because they are busy.

Interview Questions

• Design a a circuit using complimentary mosfets in order to implement the XNOR truth table? I hadnt taken CMOS courses, so they showed a few steps in how they would make just a circuit for an OR truth table, then wanted to see how I thought about the problem. I didnt get it right, but since it was for an intern position, they told me not to worry, because I'm there to learn these things.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only had to negotiate the start date. Other than that, good pay, no negotiation needed. Even got a couple paid holidays just for being a summer intern.

Engineering Intern (Analog) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forza Silicon (Pasadena, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The first round was in my campus (USC) 2 interviewers, asked about basics from my resume, details about a low voltage bandgap reference circuit that I had put in my resume. Was called for an onsite 2 weeks later in Pasadena. There were 6 technical rounds, 30-45 min each. I was asked about bandgaps, opamps, compensation, switch cap circuits, trans impedance amplifier (Noise analysis very important)

Interview Questions

• Noise Analysis of Regulated cascode TIA, which transistors/resistors contribute most towards the noise   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered $25 per hour.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forza Silicon in June 2010.

Interview

Management Experiences were asked, how many staff how long, what kind of projects I have done for.
     driving liscence is important as sometimes you have to go buy TV, a DVD player.

Interview Questions

• what is the most important matter for human education?   1 Answer

Negotiation

quick, they know what employees want, money, extra holidays, company pention, etc, every thing was already ofered without asking it.

Mixed-signal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forza Silicon.

Interview

A phone interview asking basic stuff on my resume