Fraunhofer Gesellschaft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

After the standard introduction , the interview developed into an open discussion. I.e. where is the market going, how would my expertise help to leverage these future trends. The interviewers showed a sincere interest and appreciation for the applicant which is not always a given.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of Marketing and its objective?   Answer Question

Limited international responsiblity

(Enterprise Planning) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

Interview

Invited to an interview with the head of the department after applying to an open vacancy. Interview lasted roughly 45 minutes and covered a detailed walkthrough of the CV followed by very technical questions related to the sector and industry coverage of the department in question. No motivational questions, they only want to see if you can do the job and not why.

Interview Questions

• Was asked numerous very specific questions about modeling things in MS excel.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in September 2014.

Interview

2 simple round of interviews. Depends a lot on the resume. Follow up is bad. You have to call them to verify everything.
    Interview process and offer took 2 weeks. References were checked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't get a chance to negotiate. Was told to join ASAP or position will be offered to someone who cam

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview a week or two later. Had a half hour or so phone interview, asked general questions and some technical questions. A few weeks later, had another phone interview with similar format and then sent references. Weeks later with no contact, references were checked. A few weeks after that, I was asked if I was going to sign my offer letter. They had forgotten to actually send it to me or let me know! At that point I was interviewing for full-time salaried positions, so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about fundamentals of heat transfer and how I would test heat loss in a test building.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in April 2013.

Interview

Took a tour of their facility, met another intern there who I would be working with if I was hired, and had a relatively short two on one interview. They didn't ask me much for technical questions, only a few simple things.

Interview Questions

• Asked me some basic questions related to the previous experience I had listed on my resume, nothing complicated at all.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR several days after submitting an online application. Had a brief phone interview with HR, and over the following ~week had several more phone interviews with members of the technical staff. Interviews were very useful in learning the type of work expected of the position and the work environment. Was extended an offer approximately 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Interview topics focused on previous experiences and future career goals. Nothing particularly difficult for a practiced and prepared interviewer.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Newark, DE).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview and brought me in for an in person interview with several people from HR to senior management to the departmental supervisor. They asked basic questions about my resume and experience. They were nice and it wasn't a high pressure interview. Then they took me on a tour of the facility. The whole process took about 3.5 hours.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Newark, DE) in April 2011.

Interview

First HR phone contact 2 months after first application followed by Director phone interview a few days later. Went well, so far so good.

On-site interview consists of one-on-one meetings or group meetings with several people and my radar is pinging hard after 30 minutes. No art work on the walls or in the offices, no visible pictures of family or the dog on the desks, not many smiles or hello's in the halls, a very quiet, sterile environment. My research data presentation very lightly attended, no pre-talk chatter, everyone sitting separated from their coworkers with almost no questions after (I'm thinking C'mom, my stuff wasn't that bad), a stilted lunch with several people, no jokes and embarrassingly little conversation. It was almost as if people were afraid to say anything to each other except for how nice the weather was. Check my fly then my pits to make sure I don't smell like roadkill or something. A weird dynamic. One scheduled interviewer didn't even pause to look up from their Blackberry as they declared that they had a "very important" meeting in four days that they had to get ready for so they were bailing on our meeting. Top guy bails too for undisclosed reasons. I expected after flying for ten hours (r/t) specifically to talk to these people at their invitation they would at least show up. Headed home wondering WTF that was all about.

Called back a month later to interview with the people who had passed the last time (gee, thanks for making me spend another 10 hours sitting in a plane for a 1 hour meet...Skype anyone?) Despite the email "confirmation" they had forgot to make a car reservation at the airport. It only took them two months to cut a reimbursement check. They are still evaluating the position.

Dynamism? Is that a word? Whatever, they don't have it.

Interview Questions

• The usual and perfectly legitimate questions asking me to describe my relevant work. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft.

Interview

defined a project, then went there to define the last things. It was a very good experience, especially if you are a student that is looking for a practical and applied engineering experience

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Stuttgart (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The interview was on skype because i was living in another country. In interview they asked me about all the lectures that i took during my bachelor's degree and master degree and my projects about the specific area that i already applied.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your experience for this position?   1 Answer