Free Country Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Free Country

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Free Country (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, with many m,meetings with the CEO most often in the evening. Never were allow past a certain point to see where you would work or who you would work with. Never introduced to the COO as if I was I would have never accepted position.

Interview Questions

• very basic questions about background, expereince and connections   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered less then what was discussed and had to go back and forth several times.

ECommerce and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Free Country (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Both FC owners met with me on 2 different occasions regarding the available position within a weeks time period. From there I was asked for references by FC. After a week, I checked in with FC because I had not heard anything back regarding the position or my reference checks. I was told that they would get back to me a week or so later because one of the owners was on vacation. When the owner returned a week later, I was offered the position. The compensation was no where near my recent or required compensation as mentioned in my interview. Details on vacation, personal time; health/retirement benefits, and additional company benefits were very vague. Overall package was unimpressive for director level position. I was given an employee standards book, but it did not include specific information on benefits, etc. Upon negotiation and my counteroffer, the owner who would become my future boss, became upset that I was inquiring about the offer package in more detail, did not seem open to negotiation. I was told "you are being too "nit picky". A counteroffer from FC was presented, yet the majority of the items and concerns in my counteroffer were disregarded, and the base compensation was still way below my expectations.

Interview Questions

Poor compensation, benefits and vacation, management, no HR person/staff.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Free Country (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

I got the interview set up via a friend in the industry that was already working there. Beautiful view of bryant park from their showroom. I interviewed with the owner who runs the sales side of the company. His wife heads up the design end. I'm sure it is a wonderful company to work for, but in the end, i wound up getting a counter offer from the company i was working at at the time.

Interview Questions

• There werent any unexpected questions. He just wanted to know who i was already doing business with, and who I would be able to bring with me.   Answer Question

counter offer