FreeWheel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 46 of over 46 interviews

Employee Referral18%
Campus Recruiting11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about FreeWheel

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY)

Interview

Disappointed at the HR team and Recruiter's poor coordination. The Advisory Team is really good and does interesting, groundbreaking and high impact work and is a group of intellectual, communicative and feedback oriented people. Unfortunately, after going through 6 rounds of interviews with 10 different members of the team over 4 weeks and getting a verbal offer confirmation, the HR reneged it after the legal team reviewed my sponsorship requirements, something discussed transparently in the first phone screen. Coordinating and following up with the recruiter was an exhausting process and was often met with delayed responses after weeks.

Interview Questions
  • What is VMAP and VAST?
    Answer Question
  • Where does Freewheel fit into the Adtech space?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FreeWheel (Orlando, FL) in Sep 2019

Interview

Sent resume at a career conference and got scheduled with two rounds of interviews there, which included two technical questions (whiteboard coding) and questions about previous experience / background. After engineering review team, I got a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in Jun 2019

Interview

An initial phone screen followed by a take-home assignment where you're asked to prepare a presentation on a tech topic. The onsite portion of the interview process involves presenting to a group, then meeting independently with various leads and managers to assess the candidate's technical and people skills, along with their experience and personality. All told, the onsite interview lasts around three hours.

Interview Questions
  • Which coding project I was most proud of and why.

FreeWheel

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel in May 2019

Interview

Process was fairly quick, Phone screen/hiring manager/ peers in the role. Fairly quick and easy but the small print was the major part of the job which was a bit off-putting.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions were fine. They ghosted me which I thought was unprofessional for a large company but apparently that is a trend these days. I am so used to telling people exactly why something happened or didn't but that's life.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel (London, England, England) in May 2019

Interview

There is a Preliminary phone interview with HR followed by another phone interview with the team's hiring manager. Then an on-site interview for 1.5 hours with different team members (Sales, Advisory and Support Engineering). This is an opportunity to discuss about the role, team dynamics and share your experience relevant to the position. Final interview is based on a 15-20 min presentation and follow up questions, you are given a topic to research and prepare one week prior to the interview. After the presentation, you meet the hiring manager to discuss any further questions about the role or company. The entire process was very structured and organised.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and work experience?
  • What is your career motivation?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in Apr 2019

Interview

Preliminary phone interview with HR followed by another phone interview with the team's hiring manager. Then an in-person interview that consisted of two half-hour interviews with members of the Support Engineering team and a 10-minute presentation to the team on a given topic that you're not supposed to have prior knowledge about (you are told the topic before your interview day to give you time to prepare and make the presentation). After the presentation, you meet with the team's hiring manager and have the opportunity to ask any and all questions you might have regarding the role and the company. Everyone was extremely nice and friendly throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

Experienced the worst interview process of my life. First applied in November 2018, first initial phone interview in December, second phone interview mid January, in-person interview middle of March 2019. Just a bunch of pretentious individuals assuming they’re smarter than they actually are. I was questioned multiple times about the “decisions” I made, although they came from the case provided by the team. I doubt any of them read the actual case they provided me. I was critiqued on Balsamiq design standards, although they used Balsamiq for the example they provided either case. Also only 2/6 of the original interviewers showed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

1 Phone screen with HR, 1 with Hiring manager, Onsite was suppose to be with 8 people but only about half showed up. Very disorganized company. Would not recommend this place as they have no respect for time or someone's attention to their company.

Interview Questions
  • The onsite interview was such a mess. 3 out of the 8 people we no where to be found. Of the remaining maybe 2 were decent and wanted me there. One PM just straight up gave me a an algorithm challenge (which I got right) and networking questions which had no relevance to the job I had applied for. I got no chance to ask questions after my case study presentation. Everyone just sort of wanted to get it over with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel (London, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel (London, UK).

Interview Questions
  • No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Behaviour, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions followed by industry knowledge as well specific technical questions relating to my previous roles and the role I had applied for. Everyone I interacted with through out the process was professional, accomodating , warm, friendly and seemed genuinely happy to work at the company which put me at ease. It was generally a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in Oct 2018

Interview

1. Call with the recruiter. 2. Online test of about 3 hours in Python. 3. Onsite interview with 4 rounds and final round with the VP of engineering. The recruiter and all the interviewers were great and extremely friendly people

Interview Questions
  • 1. Mostly about experience and projects worked on. 2.Find average,median of a data stream. 3. Design the test environment 4. String searching
Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Interviews