FreeWheel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FreeWheel

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

1. Call with the recruiter.
    2. Online test of about 3 hours in Python.
    3. Onsite interview with 4 rounds and final round with the VP of engineering.
    The recruiter and all the interviewers were great and extremely friendly people

Interview Questions

• 1. Mostly about experience and projects worked on.
      2.Find average,median of a data stream.
      3. Design the test environment
      4. String searching   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Online Assessment, choose three from four programming problems involving algorithms. Not very hard if you have prepared for such kind of problems, lots of dynamic programming and math in there, you have 90 minutes to finish them, which should be more than enough.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel in September 2017.

Interview

Get the opportunity on school career fair. The first round is an online assessment. You need to choose three problems out of four. The problems are about math and dynamic programming. You have 90 minutes to finish it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Knapsack Problem.
      2. Given many cities with coordinates and population, find a place that makes all the people go to this place have a minimum sum of paths.
      3. DFS.
      4. Substring sum.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FreeWheel.

Interview

One of the hrs gave me an call. Asked some behavior questions. The interview is very short about 10 mins. NO algorithm and technical questions. I think them should have other interviews .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FreeWheel in September 2016.

Interview

online assessment
    I applied on the campus career fair, and the recruiter gave a paper with a link to do the oa
    1hour
    3 questions
    one hard question in leetcode
    two easy level questions describe below

Interview Questions

• remove elements greater than a specific value in a linkedlist   1 Answer
    • a very simple sql question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. First round was HackerRank coding challenge for 1hour. It had 1 hard and 1 easy question from leetcode. 1 very easy SQL query.
    Second round was phone screen interview.

Interview Questions

• Create a linked list structure and write operations to insert in first, last and nth positions.   Answer Question
    • Write a class to accept various conditions that can be passed to the linked list functions. Conditions will look like add number from 1-100 in the beginning, remove prime numbers etc.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring process took up to 3 weeks. I submitted my application through Comcast website I got contacted by an HR person within a week. They scheduled a phone screen to test my python skills. Phone screen was easy. Then they gave me a coding assignment to take home with no time limit. It took about 2 days for me to finish it. I emailed my solution to them. Then I was called onsite. Onsite interview was about 5 rounds. All of them were pretty easy going people. First round was with a hiring manager. It was more of a discussion about a testing problem (see question below). The next round was testing how you design test cases. Third round was code review of the coding assignment that I had submitted to make sure I was in fact the author of the code. They suggested a modification and I had to do it. The fourth round was python knowledge questions and object oriented design question. The last round was with the company VP which was mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Drew up an overview model of their ad product and asked me if we were to add a module in a specific area how would I go about ensuring that the addition did not break the flow and also how to test the module itself.   1 Answer
    • Given a module that is supposed to take in an array or ints and gives out two arrays of odd and even numbers how would you test this module? and then lets say we add a sorting modules on the odd and even arrays then how would you test those? would you also test efficiency of the sort algorithms? Finally how do you test end to end system   1 Answer
    • Design a deck of cards. Write support functions to shuffle the deck of cards and also to deal   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between overloading and overriding?   1 Answer
    • given an nxn array lets say
      [[3, 2, 1],
      [1, 4, 5],
      [6, 1, 3]]
      write a function to return a list of numbers that occur in more than one row. so the answer to this input would be [1, 3]   1 Answer
    • Given a nested list, return a sum of all numbers in list
      example : [1, 2, 3, [3, 2], [[3, 2, 1]]]
      expected value : 17   1 Answer

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel (San Mateo, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Not many technical questions. Applied on linkedin, went through 3-4 skype interviews, flew to NYC to interview at the big office, 3 weeks into the whole process they just put on the brakes and went another direction. Not really explaining why.

Interview Questions

• They didnt ask technical questions   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FreeWheel.

Interview

If you want to work at a place with inflated egos and public school British accents ...then this is the place for you.

Senior Management are former consultants (just making PowerPoints) that had no operational /sales experience causing them to have chips on this shoulders and taking it out during the interview process.

I went through 2 phone interviews and was brought in twice to meet 8 different people! Ridiculous to say the least. Side note- They think they are Google beause they are losing business to them. Google, free wheel is not. - back to my experience. I aced every interview and was told by human resources that they were calling my reference that day. Then they called me in because one of the "top" people wanted to interview me. Keep in mind I would not be reporting to that person. In the end, this person went over the hiring manager not to extend me the offer. Not sure I would want to work in an environment where the person above you second guesses his team. Go work at a place surrounded by authentic executives.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FreeWheel (New York, NY).

Interview

Human resource screening followed by multiple phone interview by both peers and reporting manager. in depth conversations about the industry. Very casual and based greatly on knowledge and culture fit

Interview Questions

• Describe the entire digital landscape. General questions regarding industry trends, knowledge in supply side platforms   Answer Question