Freebirds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Freebirds

1.6

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freebirds (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Laid back. One to two interviews.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freebirds (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an online job posting. I was selected for an interview and we were scheduled for a group interview where we got to know not only the interview but the other people on the panel. A verbal pop quiz was also administered to see how well we knew each other's names and stories.

Interview Questions

• What are the names of the people next to you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freebirds (Tulsa, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

Immediately hired due to the shortage, manager seemed very spaced out. Very easy. Walked out within 10 minutes with a job. It was that simple. No drug testing, no kind of assessment. Seemed to only hire me because I worked at chipotle

Line Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freebirds (Houston, TX).

Interview

If you show up in jeans and a tshirt and am not an idiot, you'll be hired.
    They offer 7.25 an hour plus about $20-30 in tips a week.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous job experience give you something to help our crew?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because of my 4 years in grocery retail and i treated it like a real interview and dressed in dress pants and a nice shirt and brought my portfolio, I was able to negotiate 8.00 an hour. I was told that " I normally pay 7.25 yet you look like you're worth 8.00 an hour. Will you be putting forth the extra work to make it worth my money?"

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freebirds (Cupertino, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Freebirds has a very relaxed environment. They don't like to single you based on experience, instead, they actually would rather help you to gain the experience. They ask you the basic interview questions: "Why should we are you?" " what can you bring to the team?" etc. They also tend to not make the interview seem very tough or awkward, they try to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Freebirds.

Interview

Met with Regional and General manager for initial interview; final interview was with member from corporate HR. I had been working as a hourly employee previously so this might have made my interview process shorter.

Interview Questions

• Asked about management style (how do you give feedback, how do you handle feedback, how do you overcome challenges, etc)   Answer Question

Front of House Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freebirds in August 2018.

Interview

The interview overall was fun and enjoyable. The manger worked very hard to make sure I was comfortable. The manger asked 6 questions to see your strengths and your a personality. Make sure to come to the interview smiling and just being yourself. The next day I got a email that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere with someone dead or alive who and where would you go?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you had to resolve a conflict at work or even in your life?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you planned something for someone else.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you worked as a team with other people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freebirds (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They interviewed me in the restaurant during a slow time. One interview by one manager and then they interviewed the same day with another manager. Pretty standard questions like 'Why do you want to work here?' and 'If we asked you to do ____, ____, and ____ in fifteen minutes, could you do it?' etc. They interviewed 2 or 3 other people the same day but seated everyone at a different table from each other, so luckily no 'group' interview this time around.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Front of House Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freebirds in February 2015.

Interview

I met the general manager when I was ordering as a customer. After I asked him about the application process, he told me to fill out an app online and await his phone call. He advised that I mention that I already met him, and after I made a follow up call letting him know I'd submitted the application, he called me within the hour and asked me to meet up with him the following afternoon. The interview process itself was painless and quick. I arrived 10 minutes early, and he immediately recognized my face, asking me to take a seat. The interview was at 3:00 and it ended at 3:06, to put it into perspective. The key to having a great interview at Freebirds is to simply be friendly and personable. Smile a ton! Make eye contact. Go all out. A resume isn't necessary, but a great personality is. Be sure to shake the manager's hand upon meeting them and thank them for their time afterwards. I have no experience in the food industry, but I got the job anyway simply by virtue of being friendly. The interview was more like a casual conversation as opposed to anything else.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question, which really wasn't all that difficult at all, was asking about what a regular day at my past employment looked like. He also asked me about how many hours I was taking this semester for college as well as asking the expected "Why work at Freebirds?" The manager may also ask you about what exactly you plan on studying in college and what you plan on doing with your degree. All in all, it was nothing intimidating by any means.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I only asked for minimum wage, but he informed me that through the tipping system, most employees would make near $9/hr on a good week.

Roller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freebirds (Katy, TX).

Interview

Very laid back. Down to earth people. Apply online and normally get a call back within a day or two. Interviews can be in a group or 1-1, either way they are super laid back and really easy. Just be your self and you will be fine.