Funky Door Yoga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Funky Door Yoga

Candidate Interview Review

Front Desk Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Funky Door Yoga (Berkeley, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad requesting that all interested applicants submit a resume in person and was asked by phone two days later to come in again for an interview. The only time they had available, apparently, was the very next afternoon. I was in a small room with the hiring manager and one other lady, whom I was never introduced to and seemed to be quite busy at her computer anyway.

The hiring manager asked me to tell her about myself, and also a few questions about availability, my modes of transportation, and whether or not I adhere strictly to policies and instructions. She went into some detail about why policies are of the utmost importance. She also asked what I would do if I was unsupervised and had a complaint from a customer who demanded that I deviate from policy.

I told her, in a nutshell, that I would stick to policy as best I could, and even make suggestions to the customer that we could both be happy with, but if the customer didn't like any of my suggestions I would attempt to call a supervisor or give the supervisor's contact info to the customer. I'm not sure if she was unimpressed by my answer, or if her mind was somewhere else, but she didn't seem enthused. The staff I spoke to during my two visits there seemed busy and tired.

Interview Questions

• Do you follow policies and procedures word for word, or do you handle matters according to how you see fit?   Answer Question