Future Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.3

Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Future Shop (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was interesting, they had a lot of food to give out. The questions were okay and the selection process long. I got to meet fellow hopefuls as well as connect and network. It was a valuable experience for me although I didn't get an offer. Equal opportunity employer. Nice building, friendly staff. It was exciting as it was suspense filled.

Cellular Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secret Town, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Future Shop (Secret Town, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring GM was desperately in need to hire someone who worked and knew well about a particular Cellular Service Provider.

I got my first Interview, second interview, and confirmation of employment on the same day. And the GM already make schedule for me, and introduce me to my department.

Interview Questions

• Use your own previous work experience, if your resume is legitimate, it's easy to answer to all their questions. They just ask you to give examples of certain situations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

Very fast and informal. I was interviewed in the managers office by sales supervisor. questions were very standard for entry level sales job. I kept this position for 3 month before moving elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• tell me about you experience and why you believe you are best fit for this job   Answer Question

Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Future Shop (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The entire interview process took 2days. The first interview contacted by manager, that guy ask previous experience, describe yourself, some other questions. There were a series of select questions in which based on your answer would generate follow up questions. The interviews can be easy and is used to validate your experience and knowledge. You are then given feedback after a couple of days regardless if you didnt the position.Next day i got a Job confirmation call

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, ethic? how to handle some problems, give example?   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Future Shop (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Short interview with manager, talked about lots of things. Applied online. Talked about experience with electronics, talked about being available for boxing day. Short interview it was less than thirty minutes long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

Did 2 interviews, one with a department manager, and the other with a store manager. Both interviews were redundant and pretty much asked the same questions. So if the first went well and you got a second interview, you can probably just answer the questions the same way again.

Cell Shop Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orangeville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future Shop (Orangeville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Starts with a phone call.
    Then firt in person interview with basic questions.
    Then second interview is with general manager and is more difficult. Some what intimidating and unorthodox request to walk around and interview staff asking what they like about working there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 1/5/10 years.
      What interested do you have?
      What sort of jobs did you have in the past.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Future Shop.

Interview

There was a quick 15 minute interview. The hiring manager just wanted to get an idea about your sales strategy and past experience. I was offered the job right on spot and started the following day. There were no BS questions, and it was straight to the point. The manager asked which department you'd be best suited for.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Future Shop (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was great. Good GM. It was very welcoming and he was good to talk to. i would definitely recommend this employer. They will do well in Canada now. The scenario has changed this year for good.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Future Shop (Langley, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I met a young female acting as hiring manager; I expected a professional environment and I dressed accordingly, but I was soon disappointed about the woman's running shoes and attitude.
    Weeks after the interview I received a letter (I appreciated the effort) stating that my personality doesn't fit the company requirements. My interpretation was that they were looking for robots that were supposed to repair faulty electronics for cheap. The employee who referred me to the HR was my co-worker in the past, he was one of those people from Asia who was assembling products and leaving some of the screws on the bench. Yes, the cheap ones would report and spy on team-mates in order to keep their job. Paying nuts will get them monkeys

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your co-workers is making a mistake?   1 Answer
    • There were questions about my previous work experience in Canada. Then I had to pass a hands-on test; they had a pile of dead electronics, very simple to diagnose   Answer Question