Fuzz Productions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fuzz Productions Interview Questions

Interviews at Fuzz Productions

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fuzz Productions.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. There was no initial phone screen, just a coding challenge (a link to a scrambled message that you have to unscramble and figure out how they scrambled it) then an onsite. There were 2 engineers that took turns, the first will ask you to complete a mini-challenge and the other will test your knowledge of react and the lifecycle.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fuzz Productions (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Reached out to on linked in, talked with a 1st party recruiter and did a code test. I suppose it passed muster because I chatted with the hiring manager after and thought we had a good discussion. Later they said they're bringing in somebody else to manage the team (they did not mention managing a team or any type of involvement with it, even tho I have).

Interview Questions

• Have you used capture lists, what do you like about language X   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fuzz Productions (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Withing minutes of applying online, I was contacted via emails where I was asked more information concerning my background and was asked to set up a time for a brief phone interview. After the chat, I was given a coding challenge. Which was a link to a webpage, and then you had to figure out the rest on your own. It wasn't hard and was pretty fun. After submitting my solution I was scheduled for a final in person interview. Where I met with the web director and team lead. I was asked questions about my experiences with frameworks and databases, as well how would I implement instagram, then had time for questions. In the end they went with someone with more experience which I feel was fine, since I was more of a junior level developer to begin with. Overall it was a positive experience. It was probably the best interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would I implement instagram.   Answer Question
    • On a whiteboard. Given a number as an array(ex: 143 as [1,4,3]). How would I write a function that would increment it.   1 Answer
    • Why do you like NodeJS?   Answer Question
    • What problems did you experience using mongoDB?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fuzz Productions (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

The whole process took about a week. Insanely quick. I went through a recruiter and was tasked with providing a basic sample application with lots of room for polish/bells and whistles. I was asked to come in for an in person interview the day after submitting my code.

The interview started off with speaking with to CTO for half an hour. Following that was a series of bite sized interviews with 3 team leads who asked me increasingly difficult questions. I never felt overwhelmed and the interviewers were always prepared to push in the right direction if I was stumbling my way through a response.

The interview ended with a quick recap by the CTO (he'd been sitting on the sidelines of the 3 interview sessions) and then a discussion of salary requirements and how he saw me possibly fitting in with the company.

I had an offer within a day or two.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation but I was promised a chance at a raise, pending the results of my first review at the 3 month mark.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fuzz Productions (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, back to back interviews with dev , product, design. They ask a lot of behavioral and past exp. questions and also test your approach / process to a design activity. Advice to them would be to shorten the process because 4 hours is too long and most of it was repetitive with every person. Also, HR was not that great in terms of scheduling, they had messed up my appointments and I wasted time and money going out to brooklyn for no reason. The offer is also way below market value. If you are looking for quality you need to make sure the people interviewing have all been there for a while. Being interviewed by juniors or employees with 6-8 months in the company doesn't look good.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you make a mistake? What was your biggest challenge. What kind of tools do you use. How do you organize. Imagine we are making this app, how do you define the features.   Answer Question

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fuzz Productions (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked the recruiter to ask me to do 1 code test. They gave only 1 URL & the recruiter gave me no further insight upon my asking so I'm unsure if they truly didn't provide the recruiter the info or whether the recruiter was ignorant, but either way, the worst part is that after the aforementioned 3 hours of coding work in my own development environment (yes, the code test requires one, which is alright but a bit questionable) as well as my own time, they never even issued a reply as to yes or no thus presumably no. My reply is so thorough and complete that I consider their non-reply to be rude. At least I got a code sample for my portfolio out of it.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fuzz Productions (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and quick. The People Ops manager was with me the whole process and provided me updates consistently. She was also very friendly and helpful in answering all my questions. She definitely made the process extremely pleasant.

I had a call with the People Ops manager initially and then proceeded to have a call with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I was brought in for an interview with the CEO, hiring manager, and someone else on the team. Everyone was very friendly and helpful in answering my questions.

The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about experience and some personality based questions. i.e. How do you handle disappointment?   Answer Question