Fuzz Productions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 10, 2018

3.8
Nat Trienens

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting Time for Product Design"

I worked at Fuzz Productions full-time

Pros

For a designer to have the opportunity to collaborate with Fuzz's excellent engineering department is professionally challenging and fulfilling.

Cons

The company grows and changes rapidly, and it is not always clear where to reference for standard procedures and best practices.

2. "Good Benefits But Won't Get You Far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Fuzz Productions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits like unlimited vacation, healthcare, work from home, free lunch, etc
    Good place for those with minimal experience to get started with their careers

Cons

Management is broken - lack of experience and unorganized. People are nowhere to be found when you need them in the office. The laid back culture allows people to slack off and take advantage of the flexible hours. High turnover rate and learning is limited after one year. Communication is lackluster therefore work quality is mediocre and often requires many revisions before final.

Advice to Management

Keep better track of your employees and improve communication in the office! Hard to get help when half the office is empty!

3. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Fuzz Productions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to learn on the job. Clients span across multiple industries and there are always interesting ideas talked about. Lots of cool office perks like free food, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Work from home and unlimited pto are nice. I used to do it all the time and just left my computer on while I went out or watch shows. Management will never find out and even if they do, they simply won't care cause they do the same. The trick is to do the work as fast as possible and then take off the reminder of the day. You get paid for the full 8 hours anyway so why not. There's always an excuse to work from home whether it's cause it's raining, snowing, too cold, hot, etc. They'll take any type of excuse you throw at them! I dread when I have to go in even once a week.

Advice to Management

Make it full time work from home so you never have to go into the office ever again. It's a waste of time going in anyway

4. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Fuzz Productions (More than a year)

Pros

Lots to learn, awesome team.

Cons

There's not a lot to learn beyond the first year or two.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Good stepping stone job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Fuzz Productions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fuzz has a relaxed atmosphere and cool people. It is very social and there is free lunch every day. Good place for junior level engineers.

Cons

Poor/inexperienced management across the board. Large gaps in salaries. The design director is hard to work with and has caused people to quit. Product managers are more like project managers and their turnaround might be the worst of all departments. Engagement managers are not good at engagement and are only looking out for themselves.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of poisonous environments even on other teams. It leaks into other departments.

6. "Smart dev shop with gaping holes"

I worked at Fuzz Productions full-time

Pros

Bright, talented, and professional co-workers; Standout engineering teams; Relaxed office with good hours

Cons

Very poor organizational structure unclear on what certain roles should be doing; young and inexperienced supervisors; turnover is off the charts with firings happening weekly with entire departments removed

Advice to Management

Roles must be clearly defined company-wide. More stability. The firings must decelerate to reverse the company's reputation as always having staff on the chopping block.

"Smart, fun environment but hit-or-miss management"

I worked at Fuzz Productions full-time

Pros

Some fun, smart people. Client work means getting experience on a variety of different projects.

Cons

High turnover. People are fired all the time when volume of work goes down, top management is unapologetic about this.
    You are required to track all your time to the hour, often with janky system.
    Management is hit-or-miss depending on the department.
    Despite constant use of agile buzzwords work is basically waterfall (it's client work so somewhat unavoidable) and not really systematized.

Advice to Management

More professional management and second-level managerial supervision.

8. "Great New York Agency"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Fuzz Productions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fuzz has a really fun, positive culture, with excellent development teams and solid management and design. The skunkworks experimental stuff is a lot of fun to contribute to. Fuzz is definitely a place where you can hone your craft and work on some cool projects.

Cons

Like any agency, you don't always have control over the projects you work on. Some projects are cutting edge or involve exciting brands, and some projects are relatively cookie cutter. The overall trend is definitely moving towards better accounts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"great place to grow as a professional"

Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer In Test in New York, NY

I have been working at Fuzz Productions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At fuzz I met the most talented software engineers, their critical thinking and the way they handle the projects is remarkable, it's a pleasure working with them. The IT team is always trying to improve, they do that by learning the newest tools and the approaches related with software development in general.

Cons

Working at fuzz has been one of the best experiences in my professional life, I learned a lot from my coworkers, if there is something the company can improve is to increase the salary of the engineers.

Advice to Management

keep up with the good work, keep creating the best apps in the business

"dev"

I worked at Fuzz Productions full-time

Pros

Really fun group of people

Cons

There is a lot of turnover