GAMCO Investors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at GAMCO Investors

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GAMCO Investors (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was done in Four parts. Human Resources Manager, both Accounting Principal Officers, and then the CFO. The interview escalated in further details regarding the position as the interview parts moved along.

Interview Questions

• How would my educational and previous experience apply to the position?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAMCO Investors.

Interview

Standard interview schedule. First round interview followed by final round interviews at New York based firm. Met with CEO of company during final round interview, great exposure to many different members of the team.

Better offer elsewhere

Operations Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAMCO Investors (Rye, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

One on one with a current employee. Very straight forward yet still challenging. Asks about why and how you got to be in that seat you are interviewing in. The interview does go by pretty quick but they do ask you detailed questions about why you want to work there.

Operations Interview

Interview

This will be the interview you are expecting. A lot more focus is faced on hearing about your skills than at interviews elsewhere. GAMCO is a relatively flat company so they're gauging you as a co-worker just as much as they are gauging you as an asset.

Marketing Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GAMCO Investors in October 2009.

Interview

Two interviewers asked general questions about my background and work experience. Seemed really bored and like they didn't want to be there. One of the interviewers never spoke. When I made a comment about wanting to work in Marketing, they looked at each other, rolled their eyes and made sarcastic comments about how "they could use some better marketing", which seemed to indicate some internal problem there.