GE Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Digital (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Note that this was a position at wise.io, which is a company that GE Digital recently acquired. Wise.io is located at the WeWork in Downtown San Francisco and is building a phenomenal technical team as they grow.

Here is the interview process:

1. A sourcer contacted me through Linkedin and we had an exploratory discussion for 30 min.
    2. At this point, my resume was transferred to the technical team and they decided to consider my candidacy and give me a 45 minute-long timed data challenge. The data challenge was challenging.
    3. Two 30~45 min long phone interviews with the principals (who are the hiring managers). They asked sharp questions, focusing on machine learning, statistics, past experience. Some time in the end of each phone interview were reserved for questions about wise.io
    4. On-site interview, which is very standard in the industry: 5 discussions with 5 different data scientists/software engineers on various fields. Machine learning, coding, how to frame a problem, etc..

The technical team and the recruiters were extremely professional and quickly got back to me. As I was hesitating between other offers, wise.io gave me the time to think through my future position within wise.io and let me discuss with the team in a more informal setting a few days after my last formal interview. It was an excellent experience overall, with team member who do care about their candidates.

Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Digital in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the internal executive search team initially. I found them to be very respectful in their approach. They gave me all the information I needed to make the decision whether I wanted to learn more.. I did

Interview Questions

• What will you do to help us scale?   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Digital (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The was an initial phone screening with the Vice President of Technology at GE. He was very thorough and easy to talk to. Basically he wanted to know more about me and my background.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges you face when managing developers and how do you overcome them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Digital (San Ramon, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Screening phone interview followed by a one hour technical phone interview and a half hour discussion of my resume. Then an onsite which consisted of 3 back to back 30 min interviews of varying technical difficulty. My process was longer than usual because I had graduation in the middle of it.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Digital (San Ramon, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by three rounds of in person interviews and HR interview. The interviews weren't too long, each one took mostly half an hour. I had positive experience from all the interviews. Overall it was a nice experience. The only problem was that the whole process took too long to finish from initial phone round to final joining.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic computer science related problems, algorithms related question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Digital in May 2016.

Interview

15 minute initial interview and 30 minute technical interview (both are phone interviews). Technical interview will test your knowledge about algorithm and data structures and also object oriented language (C++ and Java)

Interview Questions

• Object Oriented language, sorting, behavioral questions, polymorphism   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Digital.

Interview

HR called me first, 1 week later he set up an online coding test which I passed, then I was brought in for onsite. That is my worst onsite ever. Not sure why but 2 guys keep asking me technology that not listed on my resume, what do u expect me to answer? It seem they don't care whats on my resume, they only care what technology they need.

Interview Questions

• Have u used shell script before? How does this UNIX command do? Totally unexpected questions for unfamiliar technology.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Digital.

Interview

2 phone interviews - 1 from HR and 1 from a technical person. HR asked mostly behavioral questions and technical person asked me to expand on my projects and work.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifically but asked me about my contributions to a group or community or something.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a phone screen, followed by an onsite technical interview, then lastly flown in for an onsite group interview at their HQ. If you have a comp sci background and understand the fundamentals, everything they ask is pretty fair.

Interview Questions

• What kind of algorithms have you studied, how would you reverse a string without using helper methods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Digital (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

4 to 6 rounds depending on the location.

1. Be prepared for design questions.
    2. Resume Questions. (Java and SQL)
    3. Overall, the process is very hectic. There are two to three initial phone screens followed by 4 rounds of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. How does a HashMap work?
      2. Garbage Collection in Java
      3. SQL Basic Questions (Write queries to join tables).
      4. Resume.
      5. Design an application.
      6. Describe and draw a design of one your projects on resume.
      7. 52 Cards - Design them to have separate concerns plus sort them according to different colors and different card faces.
      8. Write some syntax for JavaScript.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Digital (San Ramon, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got reached out by a university recruiter, and did my first round on my college campus. After that, I was invited to an on-site located in San Ramon. On-site consisted of: a presentation of what GE Digital does, going over basic CS fundamentals, and office tour.