GEA Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

APC Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEA Group (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Two step interview process on the same day. The first was an interview with a member in human resources and the second was with my would-be manager at the company site.

Field Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEA Group (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Was an easy interview it did not take long at all. The interview was one on one and was very easy. Was offered a job at the end of the interview that took about 30 minutes total.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEA Group.

Interview

Applied through a website and was called by the hiring supervisor within a few weeks. Chatted for about half an hour, and within a week or so went to a site interview with four or five people. The atmosphere was very cordial. Was taken on a tour of the facility, as well.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEA Group (York, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

They contacted me a week after I applied on my University job board. The phone interview was about 30 minutes and asked basic behavioral questions. They invited me back for a second interview at their Plate Heat Exchanger facility in York, PA. At the second interview, they gave me a tour of the plant floor, asked me some basic heat transfer questions and typical interview questions on how I handle stress. They talked about benefits after that and we went our separate ways. They contacted me a week later telling me I did not get the position. Overall, they were very nice and the interview process was not very stressful.

Interview Questions

• What is the equation for the log mean temperature difference (LMTD) and what does it mean.   2 Answers

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEA Group (Hudson, WI).

Interview

Initial phone screen and followup screen with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Assignment had a design component that was not indicated in posting. I was kind of caught off guard as I have strong troubleshooting skills, but not so strong design skills   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEA Group (York, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

Hired as a temp through aerotek for a temp to perm position. After 3 months i was hired on. I had 1 interview and they were looking for someone immediately. Interviews performed by department manager. company culture is "good old boys" mentality. Management and most employees do not possess further education.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Everything was a review of your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They said they would not negotiate, but other have and been successful. If you want them to negotiate you have to be firm and refuse until you get what you want.

Leadership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEA Group (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and at the very next day i received formal invitation for face-to-face interview. There was no phone call or pre-screening, no phone interview with usual questions to gauge candidate's monetary expectation, availability etc. That was bit suspicious. My first thought was, the company trying to find solution free of cost.

Interview Questions

• It was 2 executives as a panel, those who need to present deliverables on global initiative. They were asking questions related to job description, but i got an impression they need detailed consultation how to develop strategy and implement one of the global initiatives.
      At the middle of interview I realised it's not an actual interview. I work as HR consultant almost a decade and got clear idea how genuine interview looks like.

They were advertised role for about 4 months. Only last month I got response from HR that I wasn't successful.
      And the last. Till now I haven't got promised pay back travel expenses. I actually travelled from another part of Germany and it took me entire day. But I got own experience and like to advise anyone to be cautious.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GEA Group (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2017.

Interview

They called me through an employment agency, to have and interview with them and after with GEA. First one was very long, they asked me a lot of questions about my experience and my level of english. After that they send my CV to HR of GEA and they called me days after, to set up another interview. That one was more easy and we only talk about the job and my interest into taking it

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEA Group (Vadodara (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

They asked me about the basics concepts related to my topic of interests. They also asked some HR questions like my strengths, weaknesses. Overall it was a very good experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEA Group in September 2015.

Interview

I attended 2 rounds of interview. The process is good.am satisfied
    They have asked about my basic detail my experience roles and responsibility my strength and weakness my achievement my extra curricular activities