GEI Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2018

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEI Consultants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

30 min phone interview. It overall go very smoothly and easily.They were just curious to see if we would be comfortable to long days and a lot of hours.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEI Consultants.

Interview

Phone interview with Boston office and then in person interview at the NJ office with multiple people. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a good company that is growing quickly.

Geological Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEI Consultants (Oakland, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very casual, a few technical questions, but mostly just getting to know me. The interview was a couple hours because they had a multiple people from the office come in and interview me. Some geologists, some engineers, some upper management. I thought it was a great way for them to get to know me and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals/ aspirations? What classes have I taken? What am I looking for in a company? Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was fair but lengthy. I spoke with about 10 people in total, about 2 at a time. No questions were out of the blue, just based on past experiences in internships and coursework. Everyone was friendly. I got a tour of the office, laboratory and also went out to lunch. It was what you would expect from an interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were ordinary, nothing technically challenging or out of the blue.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iron River, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEI Consultants (Iron River, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Received an interview opportunity after dropping off my resume. Drove to the location for the interview. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, and was a positive experience overall. The head engineers were very knowledgable and had thought provoking questions to ask. Most of the questions were about me and my educational/ professional career. The "new guys" were asked to be a part of my interview also, but they didn't have much to say.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEI Consultants in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was very long and I was asked a lot of questions by a lot of people. I felt like I got to know everyone that interviewed me, but I was so tired by the end that I didn't remember anyone's name.

Interview Questions

• Explain an instance in which you were working in a group and discuss the dynamic.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEI Consultants.

Interview

I was called by HR first to set up onsite interview. Was interviewed by 3 members of the team I'm going to Join. The process took about 2 hours and questions about background and experience. Some details of my projects I worked before.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Just questions about my background and resume.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEI Consultants (Montclair, NJ).

Interview

Felt very comfortable, not overly formal. Questions entailed to former experience and were typical interview questions of prior background experience and where I look to be. I was able to sit with the younger members of the team and ask them about their experience which was very informative and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was previous work experience and why did I choose to apply here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEI Consultants.

Interview

Submitted application online complete with cover letter, resume, and references. Called recruiter on two or three separate occasions. Went to office in person. Then Initial phone interview. Then two 1 hour in-person interviews with people that I would be working with directly and other corporate managers. Questions they asked were specific and to the point. Fairly formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you worked on? What was your role and responsibilities at your last position? What type of experience do you have with hydraulic and hydrologic modeling? Give some examples of calculations you have performed? Give a sample of your technical writing ability. Do you plan to get you PE?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEI Consultants (Madison, WI) in March 2018.

Interview

One hour campus interview with two representatives from the company. Representatives were nice but were too focused pitching the company rather than learning about the applicant. Questions were not very thought provoking.