GMO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GMO Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2016

2.6

Architect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GMO.

Interview

Very lengthy and inefficient interview process involving several onsite interviews and numerous phone interviews. Meet several teams more than once. .

Portfolio Manager Interview

Interview

The recruitment process was initiatied by a headhunter. The interview process itself was very long and thorough. I met with around 15 people from various parts of the organization. Everybody was friendly and not trying to catch you out. Most interviews lasted about an hour. After the offer I had several calls from senior people urging me to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on the current state of the European equity market?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't too intensive, I found it fairly easy. I met with the 2 hiring managers together, then an HR representative. They mainly all wanted to get a sense of who I am, what skills I have, and if I would be a good fit at GMO and on their team. The 2 hiring managers asked me questions about my soft-skills, background, and interest in the company and position. The HR rep just asked me about my background/resume for the most part; I think he was there to provide a second opinion to the hiring managers. None of the questions stumped me or were too difficult if you are able to talk about yourself. Overall, I found it very easy to get along with all 3 interviewers, and I felt more comfortable than I have in most interviews (which led me to accept the offer).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what gets you up in the morning, why this position/GMO, what is your greatest strength, tell me about a difficult project, etc. Mostly all behavior, nothing technical.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through school, interviewed onsite with HR and several potential co-workers. The interview lasted approximately two and a half hours. Heard back by the end of the week with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, Why do you want this job? How are your excel skills? Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

SHS Systems Coop Interview

Application

Interview

2 technical interview, the people from team will ask about some oop concept and database questions. 1 project manager interview, the project manager tells about what the job is like. Then hr will ask something non-technical.
    After the interview they told me to wait for the result in one week.

Interview Questions

• What is an index is in database? What is the difference between left join and right join?   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview was on campus and the second round was at their office. Must mention that the location is fantastic. Met three managers and the Human Resource representative who were curious about my research work as presented on the resume. Easy going, friendly and encouraging. Looking forward to the third round.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was introduced to this company by a recruiter. (beware of recruiters, they will tell you that you are a perfect fit with anything). One phone call with head engineer, seemed very smart, and friendly. a week later hr phone call to schedule an in person interview. 2 days after met the development team. Questions on OOP, microservices and rabbitMQ. All stuff that I already have used for multiple years so it was pretty easy. The team was great , but the top head of technology was the complete opposite. I feel people fear this person, by the way the talk and behave around this person. He/she was not very knowledgeable in programming. The person proudly showed me their Tesla computer ine the office and tried to brag about their knowledge of gpu programming but did not even know the most basic thing about cuda... I laughed out loud, finished our convo and left. This would not be a good fit for me. Dodged a bullet right there.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, the guy seemed very smart and wanted to know oop concepts and some algo.
    In person the first time to meet the team , Interviewed by 5 people : C# high concept, the read and write code, math exercise and brain teaser and math. All cleared. second round was to meet upper management, and boy does it seem like a person's IQ goes down as they go up in rank in a financial company. Retrospectively , i should have left right when i was asked "prove to me that you can deliver" ... I wanted to say " i can't prove it, a proof is irrefutable! I can talk to you about how I rocked my previous projects until the cows come home, but that's not a proof. Give me a test project and time line and I will deliver it on time, and even that's not a complete proof. It's like saying prove to me that you're a good manager" .. but I didn't say that. Anyway they wanted contract, and I was looking for full time, so it didn't work out for them.

Interview Questions

• read this code, what does it do? write code to reverse a string, what is an interface vs an abstract class,   1 Answer

Reconciliations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GMO.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Met one-on-one with three people in the portfolio operations side. Office is very quiet. Very quickly go through your resume and experience. Pretty cold environment, but not overly aggressive. Process took less than a week and heard back from the interview in a couple of days.

Kdb+/Q Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

1)Q written test - 5 questions
    2)Telephone screening - skipped due to good performance on written test
    3) 5 Interviews with KDB team on single day
    4) 4 Interviews with senior management people - on next day
    5) Offer in couple of days

Interview Questions

• Questions on previous experience.
      Some questions on Q programming.
      HR questions - where do you see yourself in 5 years, career goals, why GMO