GS1 US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GS1 US Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GS1 US.

Interview

The hiring process was very well managed, and conducted in a very prompt and professional manner. The process consistent of both phone interviews and one in person visit to the headquarters. All involved were very accommodating and open about the role and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GS1 US (Lawrenceville, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was well organized and structured. They let me know every step along the process, a timeframe, what to expect and what would come next. The process was well managed and communicated by a central contact.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GS1 US.

Interview

Initially interviewed via phone with a couple of individuals. Later interviewed in person with a variety of people through the organization (5) and a mock facilitation of a meeting. The experience was both intense and had an ease about it. Interviewing with many different segments of the business gave a perspective outside the job I was interviewing for and that was helpful. People were honest about company and what the job entailed. Some of the people interviewed with an easy conversational style and others were reading situations that had been provided.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprising questions- some were situational/behavorial and others were functional/experience questions.   1 Answer

Member Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GS1 US (Dayton, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very personable and the two managers I interviewed with spent a lot of the time laughing with me through the process. The process started with a phone interview with Ari in HR, and he was also very outgoing and laughed through a lot of the call.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in with having 2 departments closely related to one another? (Financial Services and Member Services)   1 Answer

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GS1 US (Dayton, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter about a phone interview. A week after the phone interview I interviewed in person with 3 GS 1 US Team Members. Heard back with a final decision just days later.

Interview Questions

• Say that a staff member is gossiping and starting drama. What do you do?
      How do you handle being told to stop what you're doing to do something else?
      How do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GS1 US (Lawrence, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiting director gave an overview of the the company and interview process. I met with the department manager, the project coordinators from the other industries and the VP each for about 10 to 15 minutes.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GS1 US.

Interview

Very professional and organized. Very welcoming staff and interviewees who were very engaged and focused on obtaining an understanding if my experience and personality was aligned with the job responsibilities and culture at GS1 US. They constantly communicated during the entire interview process as to what the next steps were and when I could expect to hear from them. It was a very refreshing and positive interview process which enforced my interest in this opportunity even further.

Interview Questions

• The typical questions related to how I would handle certain situations that could possibly arise.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GS1 US in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thurough and very friendly. All of the interviewers were professional and engaging. Each staff member was prepared and stayed within the time limit they were given.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about about past emloyment experience and how it related to the GS1 US open position. Additionally, I was asked which software programs I used most often and I was asked to walk through some of the processes.   1 Answer

Global Standards Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GS1 US (Lawrenceville, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process at GS1 US was well-organized and executed very professionally. The interview process began with an initial contact from the GS1 US recruiter describing the position and inquiring about my interest in pursuing the opportunity further. A phone interview was arranged with the VP of Global Standards which entailed discussion surrounding my current and previous experience as well as the position an expectations of a Global Standards Implementation Manager. The phone interview was followed up by a series of face-to-face interviews with various director, vice president, and senior vice presidents within the organization. Each interview (6 in total) lasted 30-45 each. During each of the interviews, the focus was surrounded by each of the interviewers interaction with the Global Standards team. By far, this was the most professionally executed interview and only heightened my desire to join the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle providing a training on subject matter where there is a mixture of expertise levels in the training ranging in experience from no experience to expert level.   Answer Question

Director, Emerging Capabilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GS1 US (Lawrenceville, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was well structured and relatively low stress. It started with an HR phone screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then asked to fly to their New Jersey HQ office for in person interviews with 6 of the Sr. leaders. The interviewers were very knowledgeable about the company and the role and were very in tune with what I was looking for in my next role. They picked up on the initial concerns and offered additional resources that I could speak to. Overall, it was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question I was asked was to detail out exactly how I would push back on an executive if I felt the strategy / direction needed to change. I didn't anticipate that level of detail but was able to pull from past experiences.   Answer Question