GSMA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Africa, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA (Africa, IN).

Interview

Interview twice for 2 different roles from different stakeholders within a 4 month period...One was for mHealth the other was just general market analyst. Both interviews were standard, asked about experience, motivations and expertise. but afterwards even after talking to very senior guys there was no reply, call or email...just ended like that

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA in August 2014.

Interview

Made it through first and second round of interviews. Very smart people who that know their industry and work really hard and expect the same of whomever they hire.

Interview Questions

• Analyze, develop and present on a business case within one hour as part of the final interview process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am anticipating an offer in the coming days. I expect them to lowball me but for a sales position in the market they are trying to capture and with my experience, they should expect to pay top dollar - specifically because this is not a commission-based position and the sales cycles can be from 3 to 18 months.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. online application
    2. recruiter call
    3. face2face with the line manager and 1 specialist
    4. online test
    5. face2face with the program manager and the line manager

they were friendly, asked relevant questions.

Press Registration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a temp role and received an email from HR saying they were interested in my profile and asking info re my salary expectations, notice period, right to work in EU, etc. I replied and highlighted my interested in the job as I was experienced in a similar position but never got back to me. Judging by other reviews this looks like a common practice with them. It seems rude not to reply to emails when they first approached and my profile is more than suitable for the role.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Swift interview process, easy scheduling, with several people from across the organisation (different disciplines and departments); no trick or cliche questions, organic conversation that went to the heart of the subject matter

Interview Questions

• What will the challenges be switching from your current job at an agency to an industry association?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Contacted by recruitment agent - with brief over the phone interview.
    Face to face interview with direct manager, Director and HR partner.
    Requested to complete a (daunting) online Psychometric test - personality, aptitude and reasoning.
    Second face to face interview which was structured as a client presentation. A few minutes to prepare with internet as an aid, present in any style you prefer to interviewers.
    Confirmation of role within the week.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a difficult conflict with a staff member   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had been made an offer by another company just before my second interview. Short negotiation which resulted in a small increase in salary. My final decision was based on company rather than salary.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSMA (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

I applied online through linkedin. First round involved a general discussion about my background and what the role entails. Next round was a written aptitude test and a psychometric test. The final round was a stress HR interview exploring core competencies

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

1) Telephone Inteview
    2) Face 2 Face Interview with a Panel of 3 interviewers

was overall average process, I did not get selected as they found me a bit more experienced for the role.

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell me about your professional history ?   Answer Question
    • 2) Key contributions in specific roles, jobs ? biggest achievement?   Answer Question
    • 3) demonstrate with examples on project management experience, time, cost management?   Answer Question

Director of Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute telephone interview with a line manager. The manager had not prepared for the interview and had not read my resume. 10 minutes into the interview the line manager put my phone on hold as another person had walked into the room and he wanted to speak to them. I was put on hold for 15 minutes.I then had to restart the interview. I have heard nothing from the GSMA since then.

Senior Project Manager - Fixed Term Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted the same week to arrange a face to face interview. Interview was held at the head office with two people. The third couldn't attend, so a telephone interview was arranged for the week after. HR also requested I complete an online psychometric assessment (apart from the personality tests this included numerical, verbal and logical reasoning). The initial feedback was positive, but I then heard nothing more - no email to say I had been unsuccessful. It could have been the Mobile World Congress distracted them, but I think it is a common courtesy to provide feedback, so this reflects badly on GSMA.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how you managed stakeholders, the most difficult decision you have made recently.   1 Answer