GTCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at GTCR

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GTCR (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Rigid, stuffy, fairly cold feeling. When I asked them to describe the culture of the firm, the initial response was that "they take their job very seriously". One tends to wonder that if you do not take your job seriously, what are you doing in the workforce? Also, when I inquired about opportunities for exposure to new technologies, I was met with comment that "hopefully I was not looking for advancement including any managerial opportunities, because there isn't any of that here".

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What kind of culture are you used to and what kind of culture are you looking for in your next opportunity?   1 Answer

Conference Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GTCR (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

I was told to plan for a 1.5-2 hour interview and I would be meeting with several people. My appointment was at 11:00. The interviewer showed up at 11:10 and said no one else would be able to meet me because of an “emergency” meeting. She ended the interview, if that’s what you want to call it, after 20 minutes of complaining about how busy she was. She was rude, condescending and generally not a nice person. She sized me up the minute she walked into the conference room and saw that I wasn’t a 30 something size 6 and dismissed me. Never asked once about my experience or qualifications. Absolutely wasted my time and treated me like my time isn’t as important as hers. I’m glad I’m not working there. I’m sure it’s a horrible place full of snobs.

Interview Questions

• The weather is really cold isn’t it.   1 Answer