Gap Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email for a high level phone screen. I then proceeded to the next phase and was interviewed by the hiring manager and peers via video conference.

Interview Questions

• The questions primarily foucused on my experience and background. Very straightforward.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap Inc. in August 2017.

Interview

extremely quick - met with 2 teams and got the job offer the next day. very start-up vibe. HR was extremely efficient with coordinating interview times as well as drafting up the offer letter. the team i interviewed with were extremely transparent and honest - really appreciated how honest everyone i met was

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

- talk about experience, work ethic, soft skills, how to work in teams, talk about a time you've had to work w/ difficult people
    - 3 rounds of interviews
    - talked to around 6 people

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had an initial in person interview with a recruiter. That interview was very friendly and the recruiter conducted the conversation in a way that made me forget that I was being interviewed. The questions were very open ended and I moved to the second stage, a phone interview with the hiring manager. That second interview was a lot more in depth and the questions were around establishing a direct connection between my experience and the job tasks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your work experience?   Answer Question
    • Give me example of a time when you used your analytical skills at your previous role?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience working in teams?   Answer Question
    • What made you leave your most recent role?   Answer Question
    • How large were the marketing outreach efforts you worked in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gap Inc..

Interview

The interview was with a recruiter. I talked about my resume and then he asked me a bunch of standard behavioral questions. There's three rounds total, the others are more technical.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Three rounds, an initial recruiter phone call, followed by a call by the hiring manager, with a final onsite interview with a couple team members and a manager. After doing well on those three interviews an offer letter was extended the next week. The entire experince start to finish was around 2 to 3 weeks in total.

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects mentioned on resume, Design a small app   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through college. The interviewer is impatient and I was too nervous to speak. Not a comfortable experience. When I finished answering my question, he just ignored me for a while. His eyes are always on his phone and I didn't know what to do.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (Camarillo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I had gotten called for a group interview, and during which I felt like they were TOO focused on getting through the 5 other people rather than listening to each.

Interview Questions

• what is one thing you could change about the retail world that you think would benefit you?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (Sunrise, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

You have to apply online, then wait for a response on your email and wait until they call you to schedule an appointment for the interview. My interview was in the morning about 10 am and lasted about 2 hours. if they like you, they tell you right away and they start checking your background immediately with a third party. Once you pass the background check they call you again to start your 2 day training and that's it you're in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you. What would you do If you are in a uncomfortable situation with a coworker? What would you do if you don't like or do not agree with a company policy? Can you climb ladders and lift at least 50 pounds? Talk about your previous experiences. Tell me about your weaknesses. Why do you think you are good for the position.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was brief and to the point. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just make sure you are clear on things. You don't want to be unclear on such simple tasks or day to day routines.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc..

Interview

The interview process was relatively streamlined, consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter and a follow-up interview with members of the prospective team. Overall, it took about five weeks to complete over a very flexible timeframe.