Gap Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gap Inc.

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Rotational Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gap Inc..

Interview

A 30-minute interview where I met with one of their recruiters. They seemed fairly professional and bureaucratic, it was not as much of a free-form conversation but more a strict checkbox style of question and answer. Mostly behavioural/fit questions. The recruiter was extremely nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• If a popular jacket was sold out and we brought in X of new stock, what factors would you consider when distributing this stock amongst our stores?   Answer Question

Web Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screening from internal recruiter for culture fit and job description. 2nd was a video interview from senior manager. Technical coding interview then meeting the team. Typical interview process in software engineering.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap Inc. in January 2020.

Interview

Submitted resume online then received an email for phone screening within 24 hours. Phone screening was about 10 minutes having you tell them about yourself and if you are seeking other employment.
    Group interview was setup with 72 hours. Panel of two interviewers interviewing 4 people. Basic interview questions.

RMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It took about two months in total - I applied on the company site. The interview questions are extremely structured. It's less conversational and more like they read off a list of standard behavioral questions. It was a decent process to go through and the people I talked to were extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced failure?   1 Answer

Inventory Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap Inc..

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter. Online assessment that seemed to be mostly personality based questions. A video conference with team manager and 2 team members. The questions were mostly behavioral and looked for data-driven answers.

Interview Questions

• (1) Tell us about yourself and past experience. (2) Tell us about a time you made a decision based on data. (3) Give an example of a time you encountered a problem within a team and how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

1 30 minute phone interview, followed by 60 minute long case interview the next week. The second interview required you to present a new brand that Gap could hypothetically acquire. The final stage is a superday at the SF headquarters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

First round: phone screening, simple behavioral, will ask questions about puffer jackets/how to measure sales etc.

Second round: mine was a virtual interview that I had to prepare project for, project took me 10+ hours, I spent a lot of time researching..I think if you put in the effort and can back your brand you should be fine

Final round: superday in San Francisco, consisted of 2 behavioral interviews (mine was one 1:1, one 2:1) and a group case interview (make sure to learn A LOT about gap before going in), it was highly competitive and the interviewers were very senior within the company, office was amazing, asked a ton of repetitive behavioral questions

Director of Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiting staff seemed overwhelmed and a bit disorganized, but once we got through the phone screen process, the day of the interview was well-run. It was a long day of interviews & I was offered water and a restroom break, but there wasn’t a lunch or snack break planned. I was starving mid day. Otherwise, the interview panels were fine with good discussions.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the first steps you would take in your role?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap Inc. in September 2019.

Interview

It’s about a 3-4 week process. First had a phone interview with the Senior Recruiter, then was scheduled a Face to Face interview with DM. Last interview was over the phone with the HR manager. All was very professional and straight forward, basic managerial questions geared toward team building and accountability. Once interview process is complete with all those involved the next steps would be a background check. If all checks out well, you will receive your offer in writing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to course correct an underperforming manager, what actions did you take and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gap Inc. (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the recruiter. Then had a video interview with Mgr. Was invited for an in person interview with the manager and her partner. Asked to provide references. They called my references but then decided at the last minute that they was about to offer the position to someone else. Go figure....No explanation at all.