Gateway Mortgage Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gateway Mortgage Group

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gateway Mortgage Group (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I heard about the internship through family connections. That being said I wouldn't of know about the opportunity if I didn't have the right connections. Other than that it was a straight forward process.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gateway Mortgage Group (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Was connected to the manager through a former colleague. Had a phone interview with the manager and then a formal interview in the office. I requested to meet and sit with other members of the team to get a better idea of how the company operated. I was then informed of next steps including filling out a formal application, going through a background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• What makes you believe you would be successful with this business model?   Answer Question

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gateway Mortgage Group (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2018.

Interview

This is strictly a job for someone with several years of mortgage experience. Know your products and the mortgage process well. Company has a very strict underwriting process that requires a very clean file in order to move forward. Ask about submission to clear to close process.

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gateway Mortgage Group (Knoxville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

a friend of mine sent my resume to an employer that they knew and in turn they gave it to another employee that had been looking for some one. He gave me a call and we set up a time and place to meet in person. I met the person and I was asked several questions about my employment back ground after speaking with them for at least 30 minutes I was introduced to the manager of the company and we spoke for at least 15 minutes. After the interview ended a I was told to call him back after the holiday.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been processing? Where did you work prior? What application system did you use?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gateway Mortgage Group (Tulsa, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

First I interviewed with the HR recruiter, she was very nice, the interview was laid back. She asked about my past employers and why I had left those positions. She asked what I was looking for in a new position and why I wanted to work there. She then said that I sounded like a good match for three positions that they had open, the customer service, escrow and payment processing. I went for the customer service. Then I was called back for a second interview in which I was interviewed a bit more formally by the department managers. They asked more business related and positional related questions.

I did not get this position, however, the HR recruiter kept in contact with me and asked me if I would be interested in an Appraisal Coordinator position and she proceeded to explain what the duties were. I told her yes that I would be interested. She said "Good, because they would like to interview you." I went in for that interview and was interviewed by two managers again. They told me about the position and asked about how I handle dealing with multiple computer systems, how I feel about calling people, how I organize my work.

I was offered the Appraisal Coordinator position about a week and a half after I interviewed for it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at your job that someone was upset. What was the situation, what did you do to resolve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Servicing Related Position Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gateway Mortgage Group.

Interview

Initial phone interview that included a brief description of the position and history of the company. Recruiter reiterated on growth goals and a new facility being built... felt as if I was being sold to opposed to being interviewed.

Face to face with the corporate recruiter was pleasant but she presented an overall lack of knowledge in the details of the position and an even greater lack of knowledge for the industry itself. (Red flag)

Interview with middle management was pleasant and relaxed, yet again I picked up on the lack of industry knowledge and experience within the layer of management I was speaking with. Multiple interruptions during my interview (red flag 2) forced me to question the organizational qualities of the company and respect for coworkers. The questions were very broad and at times seemed a bit redundant during the panel style interview. I noticed the grammar of one of the managers in my interview to be unprofessional and projected a rather uneducated perception.

Interview Questions

The company mission is excellent, however it took me no more than 10 minutes to get the "uh oh" feeling I have had previously with companies who are in a "aggressive growth phase". I picked up on what was behind the curtain rather quickly from the demeanor and thick atmosphere in the building. Employees looked exhausted and stressed, the "servicing" floor looked like a sweat shop call center with a cubicle raised over a pod of others that I couldn't help to associate with a king looking over his peasants. I decided to accept an identical position with another mortgage lender and I could not be happier.