Gauss Surgical Computer Vision/Machine Learning Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gauss Surgical

1 Interview Review

Computer Vision/Machine Learning Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gauss Surgical (Los Altos, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Badly planned interview process which is quite expected from a start-up; but this was in a whole new league.

I had 3 rounds of phone interview which seemed to drag on forever. I had about 7.5 hours of interviews onsite (8 rounds) which was haphazard at best. Whoever was available to interview came by and talked to me. There was no set agenda. It was also very harrowing considering that I flew in on the morning after waking up at 3AM (the morning flight was my choice so I am not complaining about that). The other interviews were behavioral. One was on programming. One on Computer Vision. One on Machine Learning. There weren't any REAL problems/questions.

The CTO interviewed me last and almost made me miss my flight. The interview was supposed to be 30 minutes long but he was going on and on for 1 hr 30 minutes till I pointed out that I would miss my flight if we spoke for even a minute longer. They had an intern drop me off at the airport RIGHT on time. If one had a choice of employer, they're better off not choosing Gauss Surgical.

They made me do a day and a half long OpenCV homework on which I believe I did a very good job.

As expected they didn't get back to me. I am SO relieved that I don't have to visit that office ever again in my life.

Interview Questions

• Why does one use MSE as a measure of quality. What is the scientific/mathematical reason for the same?   2 Answers