Gemmiti Model Art Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gemmiti Model Art Interview Questions

Interviews at Gemmiti Model Art

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

There is testing that you do. It was fine and I like that they test because to me it means that they care about who they bring into the group.

Model Maker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemmiti Model Art.

Interview

I applied for the job via email after seeing it posted on line; had a phone interview with the owner who talked up the company very much. I was extremely excited to accept the position and was willing to relocate myself and my family from another state (at my own expense) to take the job.

Interview Questions

• I did not find the interview difficult in any way, in fact, it was more like a Pep Rally- but in retrospect I see now that the owner must recruit from out-of-state and/or young or inexperienced people because no one in the Bay Area wants to work for her.   Answer Question

Model Maker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gemmiti Model Art.

Interview

My interview was about 8- eight- hours long; many tests: IQ, problem solving, personality, shop aptitude, etc..and a long interview with upper management.

Interview Questions

• nothing will be particularly unexpected, and if you have experience in a shop nothing will be really difficult. in the shop i was asked to make a cube out of acrylic glass, and given the choice of using CAD and a Laser cutter or doing it by hand.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemmiti Model Art (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I normally hate interviews, but I love this process both in my experience as a prospective employee and as a hiring manager. There are a couple of tests that generally assess your soft skills, your IQ, and your ability to follow directions. There is no bullshitting. As a hiring manager, sometimes people didn't test well but were really eager to be given a change, but often those people were not very successful. If you have a problem with the tests or don't do well on them, don't take it personally, just move on.

After the tests, you'll sit down with one or two managers. A large portion of the interview is walking through the demands an expectations of the job, making sure that you understand them, and giving you an opportunity to express how you would succeed in them. There are usually some follow up questions about your experiences and portfolio and about how the testing went. It is a very non-traditional interview and rather casual.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, just a pretty natural conversation.   Answer Question

Project Manager, Professional Model Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gemmiti Model Art (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview was about 3 hrs long. Basically a skills knowledge questionnaire on a range from 1 to 5, ranging from power tools to the use of tape. This was followed by an iq test and a personality test based on L. Ron Hubbard's WISE business model. Upon accepting the offer it was followed by a 4+ hour long orientation on the aforementioned business model.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was interested in helping the company succeed, which clearly made obvious to me the business needed help.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had very little room to negotiate as I was in a different state through some phases of it. Hourly rate was not an option as salary option is to the company's best interest. Salary employes are exempt from applicable labour laws.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gemmiti Model Art.

Interview

a series of two long phone interviews followed by a day long in person interview. I was asked to take an I.Q. test and build an 3" acrylic cube.

Interview Questions

• I was informed that I shouldn't believe what I hear about a high turnover of employees meaning a bad environment. I wasn't even aware they had such a high turnover rate at the time. And being asked if I could promise that I would stay for at least a year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they said 16 an hour and i accepted