Gen110 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gen110 Interview Questions

Interviews at Gen110

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gen110 (Orange, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is unintimidating and friendly. Seems as though they follow a script to identify characteristics like previous canvassing experience, leadership roles, and energy. The initial phone interview is used to sort people who don't have any customer service skills, social skills, people who hate door to door, and people who have low energy. The in-person interview is a lot more in-depth but what they're looking for is how likable you are. Just be easygoing and likable and you should receive the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gen110 (Berkeley, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy and not too intimidating. They want you to prove with examples that you are a "go-getter" and willing to be aggressive while remaining friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gen110.

Interview

This is a growing company. So when it is time to hire, a group of 4 is usually brought on-board. Expect to be in the waiting room with others, but the interview is one-on-one. This is a standard interview process. Apply, set up interview over the phone, do a little research and be confident during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with Gen110? (So, you need to have done a little research eg they are growing, solar, 3rd largest in California, you enjoy sales, you hope to be promoted and get a foot in the door, etc.). What motivates you in the field/how do you overcome objections and avoid carrying the 'nos'? (You probably won't be asked this if you have no sales experience).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gen110 (Orange, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Apply online and set up with an interview for the job

Interview Questions

• Every question was the basic interview type of questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gen110.

Interview

These guys move fast. After submitting my application, I got a call the next day. The questions were pretty basic, mostly asking about my intentions and availability for an interview which was set up for the day after. The in person interview was very straightforward, and it seemed like they just wanted to get a feel for my personality and whether or not I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of "how well do you handle rejection?" The intent of this question is pretty clear. As a door-to-door salesman, I would definitely get rejected a lot, and they just wanted to see if I would crush under the stress. To be completely fair, the emotional burden was much more than I had anticipated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no space to negotiate. From talking to my co-workers, it seemed like everybody was being paid exactly the same.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gen110 (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

You have an initial phone interview which felt mostly like a screening process to make sure that anyone that advanced to the next level was basically qualified to work there. The second round is a face to face interview at the local office. Very cool environment and great experience meeting the staff. Everyone was really friendly and went out of their way to introduce themselves. Met with the Director right away. It was a very relaxed but professional experience, felt more like a conversation than an interview which was a nice change of pace. Felt like they genuinely wanted to get to know me as a person more so than my work experience. You can tell that they take their culture very seriously!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult as long as you know why you want to work there, what your goals and aspirations are, and what you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gen110 (Monrovia, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website, a brief what's your name/availability questionnaire. I got a call within a few hours. I missed the call and decided I would call them back the next day. They called me again before I had a chance to, which seemed desperate. I did a phone interview and they then sent me an e-mail outlining possible interview questions for the face to face. I was told to dress business casual. When I got to the face to face interview the next day they weren't prepared. Two people were talking in an office with the door wide open. Turns out it was another interview. They seemed caught off guard, like they weren't expecting anyone. When it was my turn the interviewer called me into his office. He had a baggy shirt and baggy jeans, with an unkempt beard. After going over my resume, the interviewer asked the same things that the person on the phone had asked, and then some. I wasn't asked anything from the e-mail I was sent, which had some of the most generic questions you might get. At the end of the interview I was told there were about 40 applicants and 2-3 positions. I thought it was strange that the guy didn't know how many positions they had available. He said if I was selected, I would hear back by the next day. I didn't get a call back and less than a week later they were putting up job listings again. This company doesn't seem to be honest or willing to take a chance on someone with little job history.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about working in solar sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gen110 (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I interviewed in their San Jose office near the airport. I wasn't expecting to see 7 other individuals sitting there waiting to be interviewed. The woman I interviewed with can't recall her name seemed nice enough. She explained what Gen110 does etc and then proceeded to call us each in one by one. All of us for the most part were either in college or new grads (like myself). Right from the beginning I could tell she had no interest after looking at my resume and seeing Supervisor experience and years of customer service and being a college graduate, which she didn't seem impressed by; I got the impression they want desperate people. Not for me, glad I didn't get the call back actually.

Interview Questions

• She hardly asked questions: I got the impression she was either tired or wanted some brainless person to hire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gen110 (Oakland, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. It was a one on one interview for a sales job, but the questions had very little to do with sales, and more with general solar knowledge and gauging your motivation. They more want employees who can hold an informative conversation than salesmen.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gen110 in June 2012.

Interview

Initial Communication: Email stating a job opportunity and a time in which to talk to the HR
    -After the talk with the HR then a time was established for the first phone interview
    -From the first phone interview, information was given involving the company and a second phone interview was set.
    -From the second phone interview I was then given a ticket to fly over to the main office in San Francisco for the last interview.
    Planning: This was arranged by their schedule in which I confirmed the time and date each time, via phone or email.
    The total number of interviews were 3.

My perception with each person I had been interviewed by, came off very positive and personally connective. Although, each interview was very informative and concise, it ended with a very confident and fulfilling joy to have been able to talk with them.
    The people interviewing have a positive way in which to build the company up, but also project that positive build to you.
    The office that I had interviewed in was not what I had expected. I was in a building 12 floors up, in the conference room with windows surrounding me. Not being in San Francisco before, the view from the windows definitely took my attention and focus for a second. The office in general was very pleasant and sophisticated, it gave a professional setting when walking in.

Work Culture:
    From each interview, I was able to understand the work culture which showed a tremendous team build in which to grow and gain success. This company's work culture gave off the perception that personal growth in the company was attainable, through hard work, team passion, and management guidance.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the highest payed salary for that position, as well as the company paying for my moving costs. The advice I would give to others, is to be very confident when going into an interviewing process. The way I always like to set my mind when being interviewed is, that the company isn't interviewing me I am interviewing the company.