General Assembly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Assembly Interview Questions

Interviews at General Assembly

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Assembly.

Interview

Had a brief phone call with the recruiter and was later given a take-home assignment. I did complete it and returned it in a timely manner but never received any feedback on it from the recruiter. I tried following up multiple times in a month over email but still no response. I simply expected a reply stating either they are still reviewing it or they are not pursuing my application further or some sort of communication. I spent time from my daily work doing to coding exercise so I expected some sort of feedback.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Assembly (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

First HR interview, Then a take home Coding Challenge, pair coding andrefactoring, Then all Day Onsite with a series of interviews leading up to an interview with the CEO at the end of the day

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Assembly (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview process and questions. Phone screen with someone from HR then a phone interview with who would become my manager during the internship. Asked typical questions like teamwork experiences, leadership experiences, why GA. Do some research on the company beforehand.

Marketing Interview

Interview

A few days after applying, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to share some times I would be available for a phone call. I provided my availability and never heard back, even after I wrote the recruiter a couple of follow-up emails. Disappointing.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Assembly.

Interview

Applied online, the next day I got a very friendly email about how excited they were to talk to me. The phone interview was dead cold. The guy wasn't interested at all in what I had to say, and sounded bored. He had one word answers to my questions and didn't seem to care about my answers to his questions. He clearly hated his job, and wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, I felt like I was wasting his time.

I had another offer that I was holding off on accepting because I really love GA as a company - I'm a former student, and GA was my first choice. I accepted the other offer as soon as I hung up the phone, because this guy totally turned me off. Why would I want to work at a place that clearly crushed this guy's spirit? GA, do something to make your recruiters happier because I'm sure I'm not the only prospective talent that has been repelled by your staff.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of your experience has been B2B vs B2C?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Assembly in September 2018.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter and was later given a take-home assignment. This organization is launching its consulting business and it is very obvious that their team has no clear strategy to achieve this. Their marketing team is clearly fishing for ideas with so-called take-home assignments. I would not recommend anyone to spend 6-8 hours and share valuable information with this organization because it appears that they only need your slides to prepare their strategy slides and they wouldn't even thank you out of courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Could you prepare us a strategy document as a take-home assignment?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Assembly (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Had four rounds of interviews - phone call, two in person (with multiple people) and then a video call as my final interview. Pretty standard questions, nothing that stands out as out of the ordinary.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Assembly (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Initially, I was impressed with the HR recruiter's interview style and the questions. The recruiter also explained how GA refrains from asking about your previous salary to do away with bias. The interview went well and was passed on to the hiring manager. The hiring manager was pleasant, and I thought it went well. Fast forward, I was contacted to talk about next steps and when I responded I did not hear back. I contacted the recruiter two additional times (for a total of three times) and never got a response. I am not sure what happened, but it is unfortunate that an otherwise pleasant professional experience did not end that way.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you overcame a challenge?   Answer Question

Admissions Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Assembly.

Interview

Shortly after I applied, I got an email to set up a phone interview for the next day. It was about 20 mins and he just asked what my experience was and why I wanted to work at GA. Then he spent most of the call explaining the position and company. Then got an email to set up another phone interview with the director the following day. More else ended up being the same phone call though he did ask me to briefly pitch GA to a potential student. Not too difficult so long as you look over the site beforehand. I was then emailed again to set up an in person interview for the following week. I met with about 5 people who all asked the same questions: tell me about your last job, describe a difficult customer and how you handled it, and do you have any questions for me. It was a bit odd since none of them had my resume nor did they ask for it or seem to know what was up. It got a little frustrating that the interviewers didnt seem totally prepared , having to repeat the same answers over and over again and not having anymore questions to ask seeing as you're meeting with so many other interviewers who answered anything you could possibly wonder. They stress how low pressure the work environment is and how productive they are in spite of that. I agree, it did look like a very lax environment but I do wish they took the interview process more seriously.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Assembly (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a bit painful, but helpful in determining if I wanted to work in a company that lacked racial diversity. It was great meeting with management but then you have to meet EVERYONE on the team.

It was strange that they were making sure that they had a diverse student body with their admissions process but with a staff that's anything but. I was slightly relieved to see a Latinx employee out of I don't know how many.

They kept asking the same questions it was like I was on a first date from hell. What do you like to do for fun? What are your hobbies? What do you like to do outside of work.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer