General Cable Manufacturing Training Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Cable Manufacturing Training Program Interview Questions

2.7

Manufacturing Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Cable in November 2015.

Interview

Applied after the career fair. Then an interview at my university. About a week later I was invited to the final/onsite interview in a few months. The onsite days are so much fun, it was the reason I accepted my offer. To be completely honest, this was the first company that actually allowed me to be myself, second round interviews there super laid back, some interviewers will sit next to you and talk about anything, I had a great conversation about golf, after talking about my qualifications of course. I never felt like I was being judged for something I did. In the second round interview, the interviewers just want to know who you are. Outside of the interviews, this is the extremely fun part. Plant tours and diners. The VPs come and have so much fun interacting with candidates. This is when you see the play hard, you work see the work hard with everything they do and whats expected. BE YOURSELF, if you are fake, they know and its an instant rejection. Be prepared to have the time of your life, Nikki from HR will make the couple of days the time of your life.

They want high potential, SOCIAL, and independent but team oriented people. Social due to the fact the program will end with you managing people, being a person who wants to work in an office with the door closed and locked will not fit in this position. Its a work hard play hard culture. Everyone has their close friends and everyone is friends with everyone.

My advice to people going to first round: rely on your experiences to answer the questions.

My advice to people going to second round: you made it past hundred of people and they see high potential in you, this is your chance to show off who you are, how social you are, and how you work in and out of the work place.

What sold me: the honesty (they were not afraid to say what was good and what sucked about the position, they only want the best and they are not afraid to say and look for it, REFRESHING compared to other companies that try to trick people, ), the second round interviews (never had such friendly and accepting people), second round events (so much fun, I am social so the dinners and tours were so much fun), culture (they have intense goals, working so hard towards those goals is reward with a lot of fun). Over all, the honesty, hearing the parts that weren't the best showed they wanted people who are not afraid of what the job truly entails.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer doesn't actually listen to your answer as much as they read your body language and tone to make sure you are the best of the best.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Cable (Highland Heights, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview since I could not make the on-campus interview. They then flew me out to Highland Heights, KY (HQ) and had a day and a half of events, first half day was a plant tour of their Lawerenceburg, KY plant, then a dinner with the people who would be interviewing us the next day. Then half the group had their individual interviews then the next group.

Interview Questions

• They had us take a personality test and they took it to heart, rather than meeting you and having an open mind. The personality test was the only factor of why I didn't get an offer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Cable (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

When I interviewed with General Cable MTP program as a recent Engineering undergrad, the process was very competitive. The company is looking to turn the graduate from MTP program to become a Plant Manager in 10 years. Therefore, it's a fast track to become very successful in the manufacturing business.
                    When I was interviewed, I was flown to Kentucky (the headquarters). Once i got to the hotel, I had a hard written card from the President of the company to wish us good luck. (which was very personable).
     The interview lasted two days. The first day we had the tour of one of the plants and dinner with the VP of the company. The second day was the interview process. The interview process consisted of 4-5 interviews in a row with the VP of the companies and most of them were repetitive questions. Some of the questions were "why would I chose you instead of the other candidates?" and what are your goals, etc. The interviews were not technicial at all.
    They are really looking for people who wants to be successful and is very career orientated. As being able to travel and relocate is a must.

Once I flew back home, they called back within 24 hours with their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me in 60 seconds or less, why should I choose you instead of the other candidates outside?   Answer Question