General Dynamics Electric Boat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in January 2018.

Interview

Pre-Interview:
    The process took 2-3 months. I applied online and waited to here back from them. I received a call asking to come in for an on site interview. They offered to pay for travel and paid for a hotel in Mystic which was nice.

Interview Day:
    You park near the human resources department in the EB parking lot and go in to get your pass. The day was scheduled out for a tour of the shipyard which was awesome and they have strict no phone policy for security purposes. After the tour you come back and wait a little bit and do some paperwork with your HR rep. You then take a shuttle to the New London location and you will be picked up by your recruiter at the main desk. After the interview you talk with one of the engineers in the department and go have lunch in the company food court (paid for by EB). Once you are done with lunch they send you on your way back to the HR department to do a little more paperwork and on your way you go.

Interview: The interview took about an hour and was laid back and was used to get a feel for how you are as a person. Went over my resume and asked questions about projects and over what EB does to an extent (they can't say a lot due to security reasons).

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (North Kingstown, RI) in November 2013.

Interview

They asked a series of questions to which I answered truthfully. Upon which they made a hourly rate offer of $14.14 I took it without bartering thinking it was a good way to get in the door. Had I known a mere idiot can lie to them and get hired for $25 or so an hour without even knowledge of how to use a level or even what a mere basic household tool was I would have bartered for higher pay.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience pipefitting or any experience with plumbing in general.   1 Answer

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT).

Interview

Everyone in HR was kind and helpful. Interview was quite long. Was brought on a tour then took the bus to new London for interview and then had lunch with interviewer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (New London, CT).

Interview

Applied online with a resume and cover letter, there was no interview process at all, they just contacted me with an offer, or didn't get back to me at all, only months later to say that I did not get the job.

Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 7 people! 5 of them were there in the conference room and 2 of them were over the phone. It was a good interview but very overwhelming because I didn't realize I was interviewing for 3 different positions at once.
    Just a note to anyone who applies there:
    When you upload your resume it will change format. So make sure you let them know you have the resume in the proper format at the interview, have enough copies for about 8 people.

Interview Questions

• All the standard interview questions. Study online interview questions and you will do fine.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in September 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by the supervisor and manger for the department, shown work site and work packages
    1 day interview

Interview Questions

• why isn't there a career path growth - why only interview for a job and not a position in the company   Answer Question

did not offer any growth opportunties

Material Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 members of the material planning staff, would have been 5 but the other 2 senior members were away for various reasons. Started interview with the senior member providing an overview of the job description and from there I was asked questions about everything on my resume. Interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about EB and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Materials Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat.

Interview

Submitted an application at a college career fair and was called for an interview about a month later. No phone interview or screening. I drove 7 hours for the interview which lasted about an hour with 4 individuals. Nice people, no real difficult questions, fairly formal.

Was told that I would have an answer in about 2 weeks. After 3 weeks, no reply. When I called they said it would be about another week. Called again in about two weeks, they said they were still making their decision. My opinion is that they made their decisions and were keeping others on the line in case they refused. Salary they offered to MBA's was not impressive. About $30 - $40,000. Never had any communication from them again, regardless of the fact that they said they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Theres a man crying in your office, your boss is calling you into his office, and you have a phone call from a client. What do you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat in October 2016.

Interview

Very simple. Was called in for an interview. Got a visitors badge and was met by the supervisor. It was only about an hour and was very professional yet laid back. There were lots of people in the employee office. Major hiring going on right now.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty Standard. I was first interviewed by the department manager, then by one of the development leads. They did a pretty good job describing how they operate, and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• The asked about my current professional background.   2 Answers

Manager Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat.

Interview

Very easy, I was recruited in and met with two managers. They were annoying and try tricking you in many ways so be ready. Instead of guiding with clarity they try and walk you to the wrong type of an answer. It was very strange.