General Dynamics Electric Boat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (North Kingstown, RI) in August 2016.

Interview

The whole process took approximately 3 months. I submitted my resume to the GDEB website and after approximately 3 weeks I was called and told I had been selected for an in person interview. During the initial interview I spoke to my direct supervisor for approximately 1 hour about my various experiences and why I feel I would be right for this job. Approximately 2 weeks after my initial interview I was contacted by my staffing specialist and was asked if I could come in for a second interview. The second interview lasted approximately 1 hour and I interviewed again with my direct supervisor as well as the department manager. Questions were straight forward and the interview process seemed "normal" for a large company.

Interview Questions

• Please explain project management experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary as the offer I accepted was higher than my current salary. I was prepared to take a reduction in salary in order to work for General Dynamics, but it was not necessary.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT).

Interview

You show up at HR, then you go to the department(s) that you are interviewing with. You meet with about 5 people per department (including a lunch). Note: the lunch interview is also an interview, so don't relax too much! Questions are pretty easy. They are looking for team fit and general technical ability. Be ready to talk about what you put on your resume!

Ship Fitter Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (North Kingstown, RI) in September 2017.

Interview

Showed up I was the only interview had an hour long interview then was offered position. Came back a week later took physical. Now just waiting for an official start date. Fairly easy straight forward interview very personable. Did not tour facility.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I knew what weld distortion was. Then also asked three positive attributes and three negative pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT).

Interview

You are left to wait in HR for over an hour getting only a brief benefits overview. Then you get a shipyard tour for about an hour. Next you wait for another hour or so before you have a series of interview with multiple people from either one of multiple departments. Each interview is about 20 minutes and easy. The interviewers are trying to sell you on the company more than you are trying to sell yourself. Finally, you have a lunch with an employee to ask questions about salary, workplace culture, etc.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT).

Interview

Was flown out to Groton CT for an interview. After checking in I waited 2+ hours in the waiting room for my interview to start. Other candidates who showed up after me were taken in before me. HR didn't acknowledge me. Finally was taken in and given a tour and provided lunch. This group interview went great. I was told initially HR would meet with me after but they weren't around after to meet with. My application status is still "pending" after 5 months. I've reached out to HR a few times via email just for closure, and have not received responses. If I didn't get the position I am okay with it at this point, but it's very unprofessional and disrespectful to ignore a candidate especially after flying them out for an interview.

Engineer I/II (0-4 Years) - Structural Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Company provided a hotel for me to stay at the night before, when I arrived there, they had a prepared folder for me explaining everything I would need to know about the interview. There were other people there interviewing for other positions as well. I overheard that most of the other interviewees were receiving lunch vouchers, which I did not get. All the interviewees then were given a tour of the shipyard, and shortly after, I had to drive to another building to interview for the position that I applied for. The person who I was supposed to interview with was only in the room for about 5 minutes before he left to do something, so I was interviewed by two other people who didn't have a say in whether or not I would be hired. The interview only lasted about a hour. Once that was done, I returned to the HR office where they let me leave for the day. The entire process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for General Dynamics Electric Boat?   Answer Question

Interview

Interview seemed laid back and relaxed. Checked in at the employment office, received a temporary badge and went to a different location for the interview. Interviewed with two people from the department.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at college career fair. Had an in person interview on campus next day. Was told to apply online. Received a call about 3 weeks later then had over night stay for interview in Groton, CT. Paid for travel and hotel expenses and food up to $25

Interview Questions

• Asking basic questions about myself and my experience. Depending on what position you apply for they are looking for that type of skill set and previous knowledge. Basic engineering concepts.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Day started with tour of the facility by walking around the shipping docks. Afterwords we took a bus to the actual engineering facility. There, each person interviewed with their respective boss. We met various people who would be involved in our team should we be hired and we were asked about what we want as engineers and what were our goals. No technical questions outside general knowledge.

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat (Groton, CT).

Interview

Everyone in HR was kind and helpful. Interview was quite long. Was brought on a tour then took the bus to new London for interview and then had lunch with interviewer.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics Electric Boat.

Interview

HR will call you up to schedule an in person interview. yhat day, you show up, get a tour of shipyard, interview with supervisor, give you lunch, During Which You INTERVIEW With DOMEONE else. Get a tour of the facility you will be working in, do an exit interview, and you are done.