General Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Pensacola, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

Very straightforward HR phone call, Code review and examples. The project lead and scrum master were polite and knowledgeable and provided a good insight of what a day is like at the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that you overcame as a developer?   1 Answer
    • What project are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calistoga, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Calistoga, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

Zoom call interview with 3 people. Meeting was scheduled for 30 mins but we talked for 1 hour. I found the position through a recruiting company. The questions were very easy and as long as one is honest they should have no problem.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in large groups or small?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

I had a referral which helped me get the interview. They called me to schedule the interview and I went in to their facility. One simple 30 minute interview. They just asked me some questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were just about my past experience   Answer Question

Cloud Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics in March 2020.

Interview

applied online and waited almost a month to hear back and get the interview. After I was given an interview I had to schedule an interview at a certain time and ran it online

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on your level of understanding of your skills   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

One month process and email coordination - pretty painless if you are responsive. The recruiter was helpful in pinning down availability slots with the hiring manager and technical staff while accommodating to my schedule during the job search. I had a positive experience actually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what IT projects have failed in career, and what lessons you learned and applied on subsequent projects.   Answer Question

Interview

Phone screens followed by an onsite. I did a series of one on one interviews, followed by a panel interview. Very pleasant overall experience, and left feeling very positively about the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Talk to a recruiter. Read from a script and if bilingual do a phone test. If offered is considered the recruiter will let you know on the spot. You will choose a shift they have and then do the tax form. Ect

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Went to an onsite college recruiting event, had 1 personality and 2 technical interviews. Interviewed with 3 managers, each trying to see if I was a good fit for their team and trying to survey my interest in their projects.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I had a phone screen that asked technical questions and then I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview was more difficult, but possible to do well on if you study hard and practice online programming challenges. If you are preparing for the interview, I would study as much as possible. Realistically, you should prepare well in advance of the interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics in January 2019.

Interview

They gave me a call and asked me some basic HR questions which went well. They said they call me back. And they never did. I get the feeling the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

Interview Questions

• What is your job experience.   1 Answer