General Dynamics Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 119 of over 119 interviews

In Person12%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

General Dynamics

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics in Nov 2021

Interview

Applied and a recruiter reached back. Had an initial phone call and then had another interview with 3 engineers. The engineers asked nothing related to the role. Only asked about systems stuff which I emphasized multiple times that I am not interested in.

Interview Questions
  • The role I applied for was Software Engineer, and they only asked me questions pertaining to Systems Engineering. Then were confused that I didn't I have System Engineering experience. They weren't pleasant to talk to either.
    Answer Question

General Dynamics

Application

I interviewed at General Dynamics

Interview

30 minute to 1 hour in person panel interview with two chief test engineers. The entire process is scripted. The panel takes turns asking questions down the script until the form is completely filled out. No technical questions. Mostly S.T.A.R. questions with some more traditional “why are you the best candidate “ style questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about General Dynamics

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

General Dynamics

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at General Dynamics in Jul 2021

Interview

Fairly easy, not very technical, mostly about prior work experience. Only interview was with the hiring manager. Was told verbally that I would receive a good offer that I couldn't refuse.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to travel & work weekends?

General Dynamics

Application

I interviewed at General Dynamics

Interview

The process was professional and gave a lot of insight into what the company does and the impact this job would have on the company. Great communication and easy to talk to

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (São Paulo, São Paulo) in Mar 2021

Interview

Foiuma entrevista muito rápida, online não tive nem a chance de explicar porque eu queria a vaga. Logo no início já falava porque eu não tenho muita experiência sendo que eles que enviaram a candidatura para tá fazendo entrevista que não era para ter esperança sendo que no na reunião tinha várias pessoas que não tinha experiência na área eu já tinha uma experiência um pouco de 7 anos ainda era nem a chance de me explicar.

Interview Questions
  • Sobre horários em qual você estava disponível para trabalhar se tinha filhos e em qual local de onde você morava

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics (San Diego, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Typical process, first was with Talent Acquisition. I seem to be a great fit on paper. This was a role for SR. Cad Design. Then I met the hiring manager. From the start he was cocky and not really feeling my resume. Which confused me as I have been and cad design lead in my past and currently manage a team of 20 cad engineers. This manager had a background in FEA (analysis) but recently took on a new role managing a new team. He had a narrow view of the topic. About half way through, I could tell he wasn't very knowledgeable in Cad. But, he new a few "buzz" words. Almost as if he sat in some sales pitches, but no real world experience. Anyway, at the end he told me I would be better off looking else where. Which I agreed. But this is a really rude thing to say to a candidate, as a hiring manager. I would never be so blunt. I feel sorry for whoever joins his team. I also will never apply for GD again as I now know to question their leadership.

Interview Questions
  • What is the purpose of PLM How can you use CAD models for production without drawings Can you model parts with stackup tolerancing in the model

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Lincoln, NE)

Interview

Casual, it was with 3 engineers that I would be working with. I got offered a position before I left the building the same day. I was told what my day-to-day would be like. I was then able to ask any questions. It was very laid back and I didn't feel stressed or pressured at all.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do in your previous internship?

General Dynamics

Application

I interviewed at General Dynamics

Interview

Actual interview process is okay but they do not get back with you ever. Overall not a good experience at all. I had to keep calling in order to find out my current status, and they were rude.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Huntsville, AL) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied online and had a "20 minute" phone screening that actually lasted nearly an hour about 2 weeks later. I didn't progress to the next round, but if I had, I would've been brought into the office for an even more technical interview. First, he described the company and position, and then launched into technical questions which I wasn't prepared for. Know your resume! I had things on mine from classes I'd taken years prior and wasn't prepared to answer even rudimentary questions about those topics, so that was my fault

Interview Questions
  • What's the primary difference between C and C++? What's the biggest difference between MongoDB and MySQL? What is the difference between an outer and inner join in MySQL?
  • What is an object in object oriented programming? What is polymorphism, encapsulation, abstraction, and inheritance in OOP?
  • Suppose we want to create a C++ class which will allow an array to be dynamically allocated according to user input like a vector can be. How could we do this?

Anonymous Employee in Calistoga, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Calistoga, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Zoom call interview with 3 people. Meeting was scheduled for 30 mins but we talked for 1 hour. I found the position through a recruiting company. The questions were very easy and as long as one is honest they should have no problem.

Interview Questions
  • Do you prefer to work in large groups or small?
1 person found this interview helpful