General Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.5

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Lynn Haven, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Felt like a cattle call- no real feeling of being evaluated for skill and competence. It seemed if you could type the minimum number of words, you would be accepted even if answers to the interview questions were lame. I did not really feel valued except as a human body to fill a quota

Entry Level LCS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Pittsfield, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two managers because the director was busy in a meeting. They had asked me about my experiences looking off of my resume. Then they had asked me questions about cyber security and software engineering to see where I best fit (Nothing Technical). After that HR had scheduled me to come onsite to Pittsfield, MA. I had a luxury car rental and 5 star hotel they had selected for me. Once I came onsite the director had given me a personal tour of the facility. Lastly, I met in a conference room with 3 managers and the director. The discussion was very informal and they had asked me questions based off of my resume (Still not technical). One software engineering manager asked me a question about the DNS process and asked if I could broadly explain it. One manager asked me to send her samples of my technical writing to show her if I was good at documentation.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken a class on risk mitigation?   Answer Question
    • What position do you want to work in?   Answer Question
    • What made you apply to this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to achieve out of this position?   Answer Question
    • Explain what you learned in the following classes. Network Security, Java, Capstone course, Networking, Databases and etc.,   Answer Question

AP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Saw the AP supervisor and controller. They hired me with no experience and were confident I could perform the job. It was very laid back and helpful. I did not use Glassdoor for this position.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to work overtime   1 Answer
    • If I was willing to travel if needed.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Long Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

nice round and friendly questions, but a little confusing case study for this poisition, recommend this company, explain a lot of company culture and benefits , very useful information before talking with hiring managers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people: two project leads, one software engineer, and one interviewer from management. The process was comfortable and the interviewers were very friendly. They asked about my projects, my experience with conflict resolution, and some specific questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk for 30 seconds about something you're passionate about.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where there was a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • What would you like to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Chester, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

20 of us brought to a room, 10 minute interviews, typing test.....find out if your hired. I feel that process could have been more honest and more of a challenge when getting hired. Seems that they just hire anyone, rather professional or not. I believe they could show more appreciation towards hard, reliable workers who really want their job.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult caller   1 Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Great environment. Low stress. Clearly indicated what they were looking for. I like that they told me in a phone call prior to the interview what to expect. They had exactly 20 questions. 10 questions on the basic work place. 10 questions on technical information. There were 2 interviewers and they both were very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Sandy, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I was called by a recruiter to come in for an interview and the questions asked were fairly general and the interviewer followed an outline of basic questions. At the end of the interview was a typing test where one had to pass with 25 words per minute as well as a reading of a prompt for literacy. If one passed this they had the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

Virtual interview online answer four questions in 15 minutes after watching a PowerPoint and video. If you pass they ask for face to face interview next day. Dress is business casual. You go in and they asked me two pages of questions. Some people are hired without going through all questions. I was asked specific questions about company's core values while others I know were not.

Senior Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Staffing Agency contacted me about opening. Missed call with interviewer tried to get in contact with him immediately but failed to reach him. A month later received call from interviewer. Did a simple phone interview (what hours are you available, do you know how to type/wpm). Did one on one interview just basic situational questions (What did you do with a difficult coworker?, You had a deadline but ran into trouble with instructions). Three weeks have passed and have not heard from either staffing agency or interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions (what would you do if this), What does integrity mean to you?   Answer Question