General Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter call to go over my qualifications.
    Setup meeting with the Group Manager and 4 team members.
    They went over my resume as it pertains to what they need.
    Went over CM tools, coding experience, DSP experience, have I used C++

Interview Questions

• What Software development processes have you worked with   1 Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I interviewed at General Dynamics (Towson, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

I had been contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview onsite at the Towson branch. Upon arrival I was asked for wait at the front area by the receptionist. Not a big deal but they did not offer a drink and my wait was over 25 minutes. I was taken to a small room with 3 people. All of them were very unfriendly from the start. They began to ask me questions from a sheet of paper and argued against every answer I gave. Even ones that were clearly correct the kept pressuring me about my answer. I could not figure out why they were so rude and condescending or what their agenda was. They would not look at me, only look at each other as if they were all getting a laugh out of bullying me. It was by far the worst interview I have had. I still remained professional the entire time and even sent a thank you letter. However, it has been over a month and they never wrote back or informed me about the job. I am sure I did not get the job, but most certainly would have declined.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone within a month. Initial phone interview was a screening, discussing the project and seeing my level of interest for the company. I was then invited to an in-person interview. The interview took about two hours, including a lunch with various team members.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume through employee referral and got called relatively quickly. Spoke with HR several times over phone, interview was on-site with senior manager. Apparently I was supposed to go through another round of interview with the engineers but it was over Thanksgiving week and no one was around, so I got offered the job with just the behavioral part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Entire interview was just behavioral so nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics (San Antonio, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Recruiter called me. We went over my resume. I sent my resume a PDF document. Later he asked me to change it to a DOC so he could modify it. I spoke with the a few more times. He covered pay rate, vacation and contract length. Asked me several inappropriate questions:

1. Was I married (because of insurance he claimed).
    2. What year I graduated college

Everything seemed to be going well but then got no further responses. No follow up call, no email. The recruiter also used a personal email for the whole thing. Perhaps it was a head hunter.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people: two project leads, one software engineer, and one interviewer from management. The process was comfortable and the interviewers were very friendly. They asked about my projects, my experience with conflict resolution, and some specific questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk for 30 seconds about something you're passionate about.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where there was a conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • What would you like to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 individuals in one room. Lasted about 45 minutes. A little bit intimidating having to answer questions from 5 individuals, but I was honest and answered all of the questions to the best of my ability. Didn't oversell myself.

Welder/Fabricator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kingstown, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (North Kingstown, RI) in July 2017.

Interview

applied in may and started working by august. interview took 3 hours it involved an on the spot welding evaluation. followed by a physical at the onsite medical facility as well as a hair follicle test along with blood pressure and cholesteral

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Long Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

nice round and friendly questions, but a little confusing case study for this poisition, recommend this company, explain a lot of company culture and benefits , very useful information before talking with hiring managers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williston, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Williston, VT) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was perfectly fine, they were ready on time, I met with three senior members and it was relxed and friendly. Afterwards I met with the hiring manager and talked with her for a while, she was nice and helpful. The problems came with their ability to follow up. I sent a follow up email a couple days later to no response. Waited a couple weeks and sent another, to no response. They never got back to me, even to say they didn't need me and that was very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any knowledge of basic statistical practices?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

i was interviewed by all department heads. When I brought up new prospects in aerospace, I was told phase III.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was sent a letter of acceptance.