What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits with an excellent PTO offering" (in 79 reviews)
- "Great people and work you can be proud of." (in 54 reviews)
- "Good pay not much more i can say" (in 42 reviews)
- "good salary but they don't give raises or promotions." (in 13 reviews)
- "Challenging work and good work/life balance" (in 11 reviews)
- "Management has no idea how to grow new customers and can only focus on US Army." (in 43 reviews)
- "HR and upper management are completely unaware of the male supervisors flirting with the female CSRs." (in 15 reviews)
- "6 months of training." (in 12 reviews)
- "Or a poor manager who plays golf with the right people and has no results will continue to cost the company time an money." (in 12 reviews)
- "Very much a 'good ol' boy' and 'good ol' girl' culture that favors known entities who have survived by going along to get along." (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of General Dynamics and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 717 of over 795 reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jul 6, 2023Test EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBothell, WA
Operates like a small business which gives you the ability to wear many hats and experience many job functions. Definitely have to be a self driven person, and learn to operate independently. There is not a lot of hand holding or oversight. Lots of interesting testing and challenging problems to solve though.
Can be demanding and the work life balance can be a bit off at times.
- 4.0Sep 8, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSterling Heights, MI
Good benefits, lots of opportunities, if you’re in the right department, management is very reasonable, interesting field of work
Medium pay, still a bit of that good old boys club culture but what workplace doesn’t have that
General Dynamics Reviews FAQs
General Dynamics has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 795 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at General Dynamics to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
67% of General Dynamics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated General Dynamics 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.