Genesys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2018

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about the position. I had a 10 minute phone screen with him followed by an in person interview with two executives. It was a very straightforward process. All of the questions were typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genesys in February 2018.

Interview

There was a phone screen interview, was asked about background and experience. It was good, mainly to check if you will be a fit in the position and organization. Next process soon.

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

good experience, met with leaders within HR and the business. provided a tour of the campus along with the work area. very nice facilities with on onsite health clinic.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Throughout the whole process, the recruiter was very professional and helpful, while the interviewers were very opaque and disinterested, which I will explain at the end.

There was an initial phone screening about what the position entailed and what my qualifications are, which is pretty typical.

A few days later, I spoke with the team lead and was able to answer the majority of his technical questions successfully.

After a week of no contact, I checked in, and the next day they wanted me out there for an in-person interview at the end of the week.

I went to that and performed really well with two whiteboard coding sessions, although there was also a session between those two that involved making a telephone system mockup, which was very bizarre, since it was hard to tell what the interviewer was looking for.

At any rate, I performed really well on 2/3, but received an email recently stating why I wasn't chosen. It was because the team was looking for someone that they didn't have to mentor and someone that had a depth of experience, given that the team had lost quite a few senior level members.

That would be okay if it weren't for the fact that I applied for and interviewed for an Associate Software Engineer position. Those are two vastly different levels of experience, and I ended up completely wasting my time (3 weeks of planning, 5 to 6 hours of driving in which the miles weren't reimbursed, etc.)

I made it clear the whole time that I was looking for a position where I could grow my skills, and they wanted an expert from the start.

I don't want to be suspicious, but it seems like they may want to pay someone at a lower rate than their skills deserve, but they couldn't outright ignore truly associate level candidates.

I hope Genesys will consider using the correct job titles in the future, based on their needs.

Interview Questions

Genesys Response

Mar 7, 2018 – Genesys Leadership Team

Thank you for your review. At Genesys we care a great deal about candidate experience. It seems as though we had a realignment on the team in terms of specific requirements necessary for this... More

Online Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genesys (Durham, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

The internal recruiter that I worked with scheduled a phone interview with me a week or so after submitting my application. From there, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an in-person interview with eight members of my team. A few days after that I had an interview with my department's VP.

Because of the holidays, the job that I was applying for was put on hold until after the holidays (hence my long process below). After the job was listed again, things moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• What are some websites that you find particularly engaging?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking for a new job and what are you looking for in your new role?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genesys (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed thru recruiter.
    After first call and check my experience.
    i got another call from Support team and they ask more question deeply about specific components specially SIP server.

Interview Questions

• What is SIP?what is the ADPP?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genesys (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person with two separate groups. Phone interview was 45 minutes and the in person was and 45 with each group. Great

Interview Questions

• general programming questions with a few design problems   1 Answer

Senior Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Quick, but without clear closure for next steps. Job titles were ambiguous. Overall feeling was good, but they may not have had a good profile for the position. Not very clear that they were looking for real talent.

Interview Questions

• Why short tenure at previous jobs   1 Answer

Interview

Had one technical interview where I was interviewed by the team. Question were both technical and HR like. Was interviewed by multiple teams at the same time and then was given an option. It was one onsite and one phone which was done okay. Was interviewing for multiple locations at the same time.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

The interview process was a positive experience and was very focused on outlining the skills and needs of t he role as well as a discussion of the skills I could bring to the role. The company was very much focused on understanding my perspective on the fit of the role, and how it felt from a career and work/life balance perspective.

Interview Questions

• They were very keen to understand my personal direction and goals   Answer Question