Genesys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First interview was a phone screening with the recruiter after applying online.
    After completing phone screening, the next step was a meeting with hiring manager and team members.
    Interview went well, it was more of a conversation and the team/manager getting to know your abilities and personality.

Intern Interview

Interview

interviewed with 3 seniors for an hour at their Indianapolis (accordingly their largest office)
    asked some technical questions and behavior questions followed by a corporate tour
    it was a good experience for learning the company

UI Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Durham, NC) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, within 2 days did a phone interview with a recruiter. This was a general talk about my experience and the position. A few days later talked to a Team Lead on the phone for the technical interview. Had to answer some technical problems and talk more in depth about my challenges in the industry. Got invited for on-site interview which was about 2 hours. I really enjoyed the different interview sessions. One session I had to demo a project I’ve already created. Another session we did a live coding problem. They created a very relaxed environment.

IT/AV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

First screening with the recruiter, then 3 weeks later interview with hiring manager over Zoom, then last onsite interview with team members. Everything has gone well, then when the same recruiter called back weeks later to offer me the position, this is where I was in disbelief with how he handled this and this is where I want the Glassdoor readers to learn from my mistake, experience. And since Genesys has sent me a link to write a review here, I decided to do it.
    During the screening process, after some basic questions about my status, how soon I can start, then he asked about compensation. I replied, well it depends on what other additions are included, and so I gave him my acceptable salary range, and then he replied back this is an hourly position, and so he started converting it to hourly and he said my offer was kind of high and he replied back saying this position does not pay more than $/hr. I replied back well...maybe I can work with that $/hr, let me meet the team and learn more about the position and if things go well, and the position described is as expected, we can circle back and finalize on that number and we agreed and that was end of conversation.
    And the team I met during my interview, I found them to be very tight group of people, which I really liked, great team, great company, so I was looking forward to the next step.
    Weeks later, when the recruiter offered me the position, he said congratulations ......here is what we offer, like 15k less than what he had verbally mentioned on our very first conversation, I was like what happened with that $/hr you said?
    I recalled our last conversation for him but he said " he never said that $/hr” I was like Whaaaat!? I was pissed and in disbelief. I felt like I wasted my time with this, I should have gotton everything on email with this recruiter, even during a screening process please ask the recruiter to put it down on email before going any step, so " he/she doesn't forget or deny" later on.
    To make the story shorter, after that conversation ended, I said let me think about this new $/hr, then weeks later I saw by then already a million individuals are losing their jobs because of COVID-19, (by the time I write this 30 mil) could this have something to do with why he acted this way, I honestly don’t know. I said to myself, I will take this for now and be thankful considering how many people are losing their jobs; eventhough I was making less than my last job, and the recruiter denying the original offer, but still I wasn't desperate either, and if it was ordinary times (before COVID 19), I would have rejected his unprofessional gesture and offer but hey I still can continue looking if needed, besides the team seems a great fit for me, so I took the position. But the fact this happened, I just couldn’t forget about it the next day or the following day either. The funny part is, when I asked him to finally send me the paper work a week later, he took off another 40 cents off his new $/hr...again. I didn’t even say anything, it was just a disappointment. I hope that conversation was recorded, someone can actually review it for lessons learned session.
    Other than that horrible experience, everyone is great and I like where the company is going and doing, for sure a great place to work, it’s unfortunate to experience this.

Interview Questions

• What are the main steps for completing a project from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always get it on email. Do not rely on verbal offers especially during screening at the very beginning.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys in February 2020.

Interview

I had two phone screens with two different teams. Both teams asked me to do live coding/code analysis, which, if you have legitimate programming experience, should be easy. Some very basic Java and SQL questions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied through referrals, campus job fairs, and their online portal for about 3 years. I got a few rejections and a few no-replies, but on every rejection I would ask what would make me better qualified, and they would happily recommend some things to study and learn. Happy to say after 3 years and some experience elsewhere, I got and accepted an offer. Overall, everyone seemed great, and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Write a map function, given an array and a function as parameters.   1 Answer
    • Write a flatten function, given a (possibly) multi-dimensional array as a parameter.   1 Answer
    • Write a memoized function, given a function as a parameter.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Cary, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very seamless and to the point. Initial call was a recruiter, then 1st interview with my Manager, 2nd interview was with my Sr Manager, 3rd was a panel interview with presentation (I was to present). Interview process was pretty quick but due to holidays (Xmas & New Years) verdict had me on pins & needles. Lol! During interview I was giving a clear understanding of the position and what my role would be. Both managers were very transparent about the company, current state of their department , goals and even challenges. I was very impressed and felt very informed.

ML Operation Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Annapolis, MD) in December 2019.

Interview

1. One hr phone screen
    2. Interview with manager
    3. Onsite presentation and Q&A with the team
    4. Interview with director

Overall, a very smooth process. The HR and team were very helpful in the process. One of the best interview experiences I ever had.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my previous work exp and projects.
      Questions on different topics in ML and Data Pipelining and cloud architecture   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Here is the job I interviewed for:
    Thank you for applying to the 190000RL - Sr. Manager, Business Transformation position at Genesys.

Contacted by a recruiter who was pleasant. I had a phone interview with the VP who was very experienced. There was another phone interview with a Sr. Director who really appeared to be an amatuer out of MBA school. He started the meeting talking about himself and then quickly shifted to firing off questions without any commentary in between and he appeared shifty not paying attention because & there was extreme silence.
    I had to raise my voice to get him to pay attention, like I am done. He then fired off another question - extreme silence again from him.

I asked if it was clear. He said YES. Then he fired off the same question. To me, this jerk was at home doing something else and was completely disengaged from the interview and putting me on mute - off and on. He was very unfriendly and combative.
       He also used ebonics.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage people even though the job doesn't require it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2019.

Interview

Miscommunication about the interview process, was sent home without interviewing with the Technical team. Had to do a conference phone interview. Was more worried about showing me around the building in parts that I wouldn't be working in instead of allowing me to actually see where the internship would be located at in the building.

Interview Questions

• What would keep you from being able to transition into a full-time position?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2019.

Interview

Once I submitted my application, I was called by a member of the talent acquisition team. We set up different times that worked for my schedule, and within a week I started the interview process. My first one was over the phone with a director out in California, then I had four on-site interviews with different members of the team. My final interview was a video call (zoom) with another team member out in California. Once my interviews were completed, about a week later the same talent acquisition associate reached out to me extended a verbal offer, then received my paperwork via email shortly after.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to leave your current position and why did you choose to interview with Genesys?   Answer Question