Genesys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genesys (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person with two separate groups. Phone interview was 45 minutes and the in person was and 45 with each group. Great

Interview Questions

• general programming questions with a few design problems   1 Answer

Senior Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Quick, but without clear closure for next steps. Job titles were ambiguous. Overall feeling was good, but they may not have had a good profile for the position. Not very clear that they were looking for real talent.

Interview Questions

• Why short tenure at previous jobs   1 Answer

Interview

Had one technical interview where I was interviewed by the team. Question were both technical and HR like. Was interviewed by multiple teams at the same time and then was given an option. It was one onsite and one phone which was done okay. Was interviewing for multiple locations at the same time.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

The interview process was a positive experience and was very focused on outlining the skills and needs of t he role as well as a discussion of the skills I could bring to the role. The company was very much focused on understanding my perspective on the fit of the role, and how it felt from a career and work/life balance perspective.

Interview Questions

• They were very keen to understand my personal direction and goals   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on Linked-In by Ashley Patterson, a talent acquisition partner at Genesys, for a Digital Marketing Manager position. I was very particular about the job that I wanted to take, but Ashley was the most organized, knowledgable and informative hiring manager that I've ever worked with. She answered my questions, offered insight about the company, and worked with my schedule and five others who interviewed me to. She made it all look effortless, and because of her high level of professionalism, I was impressed with Genesys. It was a pleasure to work with her throughout the initial interviewing steps.

Systems Analyst/Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The initial phone screening with the hiring manager went well. The next step was an in-person interview with a panel composed of potential colleagues/team members. The interview seemed rather disorganized. The panel members, while cordial enough, didn't seem particularly happy with their jobs or their work environment, which sent up red flags for me. I also realized that the team expected whomever stepped into this role to essentially be a clone of the former employee in this position, and that they would likely be resistant to a fresh approach or the new person handling any task the least bit differently. My immediate thought was that, if hired, I'd have to walk on eggshells around them and be in a constant state of stress about doing anything that they considered a mistake. After the interview, I never heard back from either the company or the recruiter. Honestly, I was relieved, as I don't think it would have been a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle system security in an environment where users are frequently requesting access that they shouldn't be granted?   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Burlington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by an internal recruiter. We spoke for about 30 minutes, and she scheduled a call with the hiring manager a few days later. Followed by a video call with the hiring manager and one of his direct reports, then a call with the VP. I was invited to an onsite interview and was offered the job. The background check took longer than expected, nearly 2 weeks from acceptance to start date.

Interview Questions

• Experience with different levels of an organization. Experience developing and delivering training.   1 Answer

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most well-oiled machines I've ever gone through. I previously worked at two start-ups and one big corporation and the Genesys Talent Acquisition team was incredibly efficient, communicative, and flexible with my schedule. I'm not sure if I can add any names, but J was INCREDIBLE with setting everything up! I went through 3 rounds of interviews: one phone screen, a phone call with my supervisor, and a round of virtual interviews. I had a strong understanding of the company culture and what my responsibilities would be and I am happy that a company is well-run!

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with several members of the management team. Interviews were in person and by telephone calls. Met with internal staff members as well. All of the people I interviewed with were great, very friendly and professional

Interview Questions

• How well do I understand employee benefits   1 Answer

Product Manager - Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy and the communication throughout the process was exceptional. I had a total of 4 interviews. The first was phone screening with a recruiter. The 2nd was a phone interview with 2 team members who asked me comprehensive questions. The 3rd was a phone interview with the hiring manager who also asked me comprehensive questions. The 4th was an in-person interview with the hiring manager where an offer was made. All of the interviews were very positive and highly engaging and felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a project or task that did not go as planned.   Answer Question