Genesys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.9

Systems Analyst/Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The initial phone screening with the hiring manager went well. The next step was an in-person interview with a panel composed of potential colleagues/team members. The interview seemed rather disorganized. The panel members, while cordial enough, didn't seem particularly happy with their jobs or their work environment, which sent up red flags for me. I also realized that the team expected whomever stepped into this role to essentially be a clone of the former employee in this position, and that they would likely be resistant to a fresh approach or the new person handling any task the least bit differently. My immediate thought was that, if hired, I'd have to walk on eggshells around them and be in a constant state of stress about doing anything that they considered a mistake. After the interview, I never heard back from either the company or the recruiter. Honestly, I was relieved, as I don't think it would have been a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle system security in an environment where users are frequently requesting access that they shouldn't be granted?   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick - about three weeks. In those three weeks, I had probably five phone interviews with different folks on the team that I was trying to join, then I had lunch with someone and then I met some senior executives. I was absolutely led to believe that I would be offered the position. Radio silence for a few days, and then I contacted HR. They dropped the bombshell that the position for which I had applied had been "re-assigned" to another team. I was ineligible to apply for that role, so I was out of luck. Really felt used and abused, and I was disappointed that I had to reach out to the company to get the bad news. They should have at least had the courtesy to contact me directly after I had spent so much time interviewing with so many different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with co-workers that had different visions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

The most unprofessional recruiting/interviewing process I have ever heard of and been through. To start off, the recruiter missed our first interview. I had to track down his contact information off of LinkedIn. Once I got ahold of him, he kind of laughed it off and said he forgot to schedule it in his calendar. After every interview I had, a total of 5, he would give me a timeframe for when they were wanting to make a decision. Every timeline was missed. He finally called me on a Monday morning and ask if I was still interested in the position and that he would be submitting an offer for approval that day. The very next day, he emails and says actually I need to talk to HR in California before he can submit the offer for approval. After I talk to HR, he emails me saying he's submitting the offer and I should hear back by the beginning of next week. No contact from him that week. I get another email from him the following week saying sorry everyone was out of town but that I should get my offer within a couple days. The very next day he calls and says that the company is actually on a hiring freeze because they are going to be going over budget. I will be informing everyone I know to stay far away from this company due to the unprofessionalism I experienced during the 7 week process.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about resume and how my experience would be applicable to the position I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was laid back and felt more like a conversation. There were two people interviewing me and explained in detail the culture of the company and wanted to make sure I was the right fit, but also that Genesys was the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that can bother you about a work place?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

Three hour plus interview with 12 different people covering sales, marketing and leadership roles. Overall the most interesting interview, but not sure the need for such a comprehensive processs.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the cloud?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Call, in person meeting/technical interview. Applied online and got a call a couple of days after about a phone interview. During the phone interview it was manily to go over my resume and see my personality. Got a call back saying they wanted to meet in-person. During the in-person meeting, they explained the current job/problems they were having. This interview ended with several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between:
      String str = new String("abc");
      and
      String str = "abc";   2 Answers

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesys in December 2016.

Interview

Great interview and great company. I wish I would have chosen them for a fellowship because they have great people, great mission and great potential for growth. They combine business development and sales.

I had a different offer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesys.

Interview

First a phone screening was scheduled with technical and senior staff where I was asked to present my code and some basic questions about my previous work. I was then called in for an in-person interview where they explained me the work they did and what my responsibilities would be if I get selected. Once this was done, I was asked some more technical questions.

Sales Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA).

Interview

I connected through LinkedIn to hiring manager. Then I got call form HR, followed by three rounds of interview. Interviews was pretty much on resume based. What I did and how that is related to work profile.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Interview

As an internal employee, I never even got to the interview. I applied on July 16th and didn't hear anything back until August 8th. I was asked for a time to schedule for my interview, I replied the next day as to the days and times I was available. I received an email on August 10th advising that the hiring manager has selected her candidate but my resume will be forwarded as I'm an internal employee.

I would have expected more from my employer than a brush off. No one has been able to inform me as to why it took almost one month before I had a response and then two days later just to have the door slammed.