Genesys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2018

2.9

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in person interview with the HR Manager and members of the team, then a Skype interview with the hiring manager. About 3 weeks total to offer. I could tell right away from the interviews with the manager that I liked his style and we were on the same page. I also appreciated getting to come in and meet other people on the team. Plenty of chances to ask questions and feel comfortable with the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experiences and the processes I used and culture.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genesys (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy enough interview. First was over the phone. I was asked different tech-based questions. Nothing I didn't learn in college. Next was in person. Was asked more behavioral/technical questions with a group of software engineers at the company.

Interview Questions

• why would you use an interface over an abstract class   1 Answer

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through corporate web-site then found recruiter for this position in LinkedIn and sent him cover letter. We schedule a phone interview where discussed the position as well as my background. In a week, on-site interview was scheduled. I had a meeting with hiring manager and program manager. During two hours we had a nice discussion covering the project, company. The questions were mostly about my previous work experience, how I handle difficult situations, what kind of personality I am. They shared some high-business details about the project and asked me to share my vision on its development. How would I enhance/change processes. What additional tools can be introduce to make the execution more effective and efficient. And so on. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The success of your project depends solely on the networking within organization. How would you approach different people to recruit them to your team and motivate them to deliver what's expected within designated time-frame?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys in November 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called to setup first skype interview. Was sent a list of about 7-10 puzzles/code questions. Was asked to solve some during the interview and was asked to send the rest in an hour after the call. Later the recruiter called to schedule another skype interview. That one was based on design-class diagram-coding. And havnt been contacted after that!! Emailed several times to get the feedback but guess this is their way of rejecting a candidate! Stop responding and one fine day he/she will realize they have been rejected and won't bug anymore for the feedback. In one word: "Unprofessional"

Finally received an update after almost a month, recruiter had left the company and thats why was not contacted. However, was apologized and felt better now. But the position has been put on hold! Thats weird! Looking forward!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

Standard technical interview with technical questions and a white board coding exercise. Managers seemed very business like and not very warm. What is pretty cool is that everyone gets their own offices, never seen that before. Most companies just stuff you into a cubicle.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about overtime   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Call, in person meeting/technical interview. Applied online and got a call a couple of days after about a phone interview. During the phone interview it was manily to go over my resume and see my personality. Got a call back saying they wanted to meet in-person. During the in-person meeting, they explained the current job/problems they were having. This interview ended with several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between:
      String str = new String("abc");
      and
      String str = "abc";   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genesys (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person with two separate groups. Phone interview was 45 minutes and the in person was and 45 with each group. Great

Interview Questions

• general programming questions with a few design problems   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview. There are mainly three questions, first about the difference between TCP and IP, I feel this question is very easy, and answered very well, but next, he asked why this difference takes place. I also learning little about this question, thus I answered. Finally, he asked some question in my project, also not very hard.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

As the number of applicants was more then gave all applicants a java and SQL basic quiz. It was conveyed that is a speed and accuracy test. I got 3 questions wrong and time taken was 45 minutes.
    I got regret mail saying I didn't qualify

Interview Questions

• Few questions: Stack trace of exception which place to start finding the error? Find nth highest salary from the table, parent-child inheritance and instance of the question.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews and three phone interviews. Very accommodating and well organized process. Enjoyed meeting with and talking to everyone I met. Did not feel like I was being put on the spot and was made to feel comfortable. Good opportunity to have open discussion about the company needs and the nature of the position. Was not asked irrelevant or tricky questions. Very straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• Questions on previous experience developing procedures. How my current experience is relevant to the position.   Answer Question