Genesys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genesys Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys in June 2018.

Interview

Everything was very organized and I was made aware of all of the steps from the initial recruiter conversation. I had a recruiter screen call, followed by a conversation with the hiring manager. After that I spoke with another manager on the team, followed by a conversation with the director. Lastly I had a face to face meeting interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of when you dealt with a challenging customer/renewal situation and the steps you took to resolve it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in person interview with the HR Manager and members of the team, then a Skype interview with the hiring manager. About 3 weeks total to offer. I could tell right away from the interviews with the manager that I liked his style and we were on the same page. I also appreciated getting to come in and meet other people on the team. Plenty of chances to ask questions and feel comfortable with the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experiences and the processes I used and culture.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genesys (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy enough interview. First was over the phone. I was asked different tech-based questions. Nothing I didn't learn in college. Next was in person. Was asked more behavioral/technical questions with a group of software engineers at the company.

Interview Questions

• why would you use an interface over an abstract class   2 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Throughout the whole process, the recruiter was very professional and helpful, while the interviewers were very opaque and disinterested, which I will explain at the end.

There was an initial phone screening about what the position entailed and what my qualifications are, which is pretty typical.

A few days later, I spoke with the team lead and was able to answer the majority of his technical questions successfully.

After a week of no contact, I checked in, and the next day they wanted me out there for an in-person interview at the end of the week.

I went to that and performed really well with two whiteboard coding sessions, although there was also a session between those two that involved making a telephone system mockup, which was very bizarre, since it was hard to tell what the interviewer was looking for.

At any rate, I performed really well on 2/3, but received an email recently stating why I wasn't chosen. It was because the team was looking for someone that they didn't have to mentor and someone that had a depth of experience, given that the team had lost quite a few senior level members.

That would be okay if it weren't for the fact that I applied for and interviewed for an Associate Software Engineer position. Those are two vastly different levels of experience, and I ended up completely wasting my time (3 weeks of planning, 5 to 6 hours of driving in which the miles weren't reimbursed, etc.)

I made it clear the whole time that I was looking for a position where I could grow my skills, and they wanted an expert from the start.

I don't want to be suspicious, but it seems like they may want to pay someone at a lower rate than their skills deserve, but they couldn't outright ignore truly associate level candidates.

I hope Genesys will consider using the correct job titles in the future, based on their needs.

Interview Questions

Genesys Response

Mar 7, 2018 – Genesys Leadership Team

Thank you for your review. At Genesys we care a great deal about candidate experience. It seems as though we had a realignment on the team in terms of specific requirements necessary for this... More

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Daly City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through corporate web-site then found recruiter for this position in LinkedIn and sent him cover letter. We schedule a phone interview where discussed the position as well as my background. In a week, on-site interview was scheduled. I had a meeting with hiring manager and program manager. During two hours we had a nice discussion covering the project, company. The questions were mostly about my previous work experience, how I handle difficult situations, what kind of personality I am. They shared some high-business details about the project and asked me to share my vision on its development. How would I enhance/change processes. What additional tools can be introduce to make the execution more effective and efficient. And so on. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The success of your project depends solely on the networking within organization. How would you approach different people to recruit them to your team and motivate them to deliver what's expected within designated time-frame?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys in November 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called to setup first skype interview. Was sent a list of about 7-10 puzzles/code questions. Was asked to solve some during the interview and was asked to send the rest in an hour after the call. Later the recruiter called to schedule another skype interview. That one was based on design-class diagram-coding. And havnt been contacted after that!! Emailed several times to get the feedback but guess this is their way of rejecting a candidate! Stop responding and one fine day he/she will realize they have been rejected and won't bug anymore for the feedback. In one word: "Unprofessional"

Finally received an update after almost a month, recruiter had left the company and thats why was not contacted. However, was apologized and felt better now. But the position has been put on hold! Thats weird! Looking forward!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

Standard technical interview with technical questions and a white board coding exercise. Managers seemed very business like and not very warm. What is pretty cool is that everyone gets their own offices, never seen that before. Most companies just stuff you into a cubicle.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about overtime   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesys (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Call, in person meeting/technical interview. Applied online and got a call a couple of days after about a phone interview. During the phone interview it was manily to go over my resume and see my personality. Got a call back saying they wanted to meet in-person. During the in-person meeting, they explained the current job/problems they were having. This interview ended with several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between:
      String str = new String("abc");
      and
      String str = "abc";   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genesys (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person with two separate groups. Phone interview was 45 minutes and the in person was and 45 with each group. Great

Interview Questions

• general programming questions with a few design problems   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesys (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview. There are mainly three questions, first about the difference between TCP and IP, I feel this question is very easy, and answered very well, but next, he asked why this difference takes place. I also learning little about this question, thus I answered. Finally, he asked some question in my project, also not very hard.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

As the number of applicants was more then gave all applicants a java and SQL basic quiz. It was conveyed that is a speed and accuracy test. I got 3 questions wrong and time taken was 45 minutes.
    I got regret mail saying I didn't qualify

Interview Questions

• Few questions: Stack trace of exception which place to start finding the error? Find nth highest salary from the table, parent-child inheritance and instance of the question.   Answer Question