Genghis Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

1.7

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Had two separate interviews, one that was introductory and one that was in depth. Talked about my previous experience and my willingness and ability to work in a fast paced self motivated environment.

Server/Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genghis Grill.

Interview

Papers posted in front of restaurant advertised they were hiring and has dates for interview. Inquired about it and got the information to apply online and come in for an interview. I came in for the interview and was given over to the assistant manager who asked me basic questions such as my experience and about myself. Didn't ask me anything beyond that. Seemed for casual- too casual. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and certifications for food handling and alcohol serving   Answer Question

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Didn't remember applying but I got a call to schedule an interview, I went in for it and was seen immediately by the interviewing manager (Alton). First impression of him was that he seemed just as nervous as I was/it could also come off as being disinterested. The interview was short, under thirty min or so, and I was called within a week to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Sterling, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Answer a set of questions, have a casual conversation with the manager, provide personal documentation. Once the first interview is over, a second interview will be initiated depending on how you did on the first.

Interview Questions

• What are you greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Macon, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

You submit and application and if you return it at a good time you could get interviewed on the spot. You will do on boarding process, in house training and personality evaluations.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Short, informal, irrelevant. Manager only asked the most basic of questions and verified the same information on paper application. Emphasis was placed on whether he felt you would be "a good fit".

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in food service before.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Online. Very simple. They called right away and accommodated my schedule for an interview. The manager was young and seemed unsure of himself. Very nice guy though. Was called back same day and offering a position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing but the online personality test takes a bit of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward for a server position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I cannot stress enough how incompetent these people are. I sent my resume to them and was pleasantly surprised to get a call a few days later. I interviewed and filled out paperwork. It was a very brief interview, nothing out of the ordinary. The questions were barely questions. The incompetence came when I went to get my TSA clearance. The position was inside of DFW Airport and required a security badge, which I had to apply for. The first time, they rejected my application out of hand. The second time, I didn't even get to the counter before my application was rejected. Both times, the application was filled out incorrectly by the management and voided by the TSA on sight. I drove clear across Dallas three different times, incurred numerous toll expenses, stood in line for hours on two separate occasions and took a drug test for no reason. I quit before I was ever hired because a $9/per hour job is not worth the frustration I endured just to attempt to get it. These people act as if your time is worthless. They will expect you to meet them whenever and wherever they choose on little notice. I am out a few hundred dollars and a lot of time because these people can't be bothered to fill out paperwork properly. It's safe to say that this was a completely negative experience and I would never recommend that anyone consider working for these people, at least not at the Genghis Grill at DFW Airport.

Interview Questions

• Describe (my name). Who is she?   1 Answer

You should never be smarter than your management. I declined because they couldn't even fill out the paperwork necessary to hire me properly.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First I had to take an online personality With mu application. (which Iam not a fan of). I had a phone interview with basic questions and information about the company. then I was scheduled for an interview with the Vice President of Operations. I had to take a written test and then on to the meet anf greet for the verbal interview There were a lot of questions and a lot of getting to know me. About 3 weeks later Irecieved aphone call offering me a job.

Interview Questions

• Certian Industry Related Questions I had never heard before.   Answer Question

GrillMaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Las Cruces, NM) in July 2013.

Interview

New Store, went in for application, left with a job. Store was still being built and was told we would be trained by corporate trainers next month. Was followed up with a few weeks later with a time and date.