Genghis Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genghis Grill Interview Questions

Interviews at Genghis Grill

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Chantilly, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very short and simple. It was not hard at all. The manager just basically asks you all the cliche questions and asks if you are a team player or not.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview. Got the job on the spot. The manager was very nice and willing to really listen to my answers. The entire interview took about 20 -30 mins. Great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Sterling, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Answer a set of questions, have a casual conversation with the manager, provide personal documentation. Once the first interview is over, a second interview will be initiated depending on how you did on the first.

Interview Questions

• What are you greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genghis Grill.

Interview

The interview process was thorough, yet not overly difficult. They really tried to get to know me to make sure that I would be a good fit for the establishment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Genghis Grill, specifically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (The Woodlands, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

The manager was nice. Mostly just trying to get a feel of your personality. The process was fairly quick. Not a lot of questions about work experience. You sit down one on one with the gm she offered a soda during the process

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I literally walked in and asked for an application, got a call to come in the next day, sat with the manager for 10 minutes, and got asked when I could start. They had no clue who I was or if I was suitable for the job. I wish I would have known what I was in for, I would have declined.

Negotiation

Server Interview

Interview

Online. Very simple. They called right away and accommodated my schedule for an interview. The manager was young and seemed unsure of himself. Very nice guy though. Was called back same day and offering a position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing but the online personality test takes a bit of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward for a server position.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Had the interview around 3-4pm. Steady flow of service at the moment. Spoke with the General Manager of the store. Talked about previous jobs and about what they're company had to offer. Interview took 30 min. tops

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Short, informal, irrelevant. Manager only asked the most basic of questions and verified the same information on paper application. Emphasis was placed on whether he felt you would be "a good fit".

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in food service before.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Genghis Grill (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I cannot stress enough how incompetent these people are. I sent my resume to them and was pleasantly surprised to get a call a few days later. I interviewed and filled out paperwork. It was a very brief interview, nothing out of the ordinary. The questions were barely questions. The incompetence came when I went to get my TSA clearance. The position was inside of DFW Airport and required a security badge, which I had to apply for. The first time, they rejected my application out of hand. The second time, I didn't even get to the counter before my application was rejected. Both times, the application was filled out incorrectly by the management and voided by the TSA on sight. I drove clear across Dallas three different times, incurred numerous toll expenses, stood in line for hours on two separate occasions and took a drug test for no reason. I quit before I was ever hired because a $9/per hour job is not worth the frustration I endured just to attempt to get it. These people act as if your time is worthless. They will expect you to meet them whenever and wherever they choose on little notice. I am out a few hundred dollars and a lot of time because these people can't be bothered to fill out paperwork properly. It's safe to say that this was a completely negative experience and I would never recommend that anyone consider working for these people, at least not at the Genghis Grill at DFW Airport.

Interview Questions

• Describe (my name). Who is she?   1 Answer

You should never be smarter than your management. I declined because they couldn't even fill out the paperwork necessary to hire me properly.