Genocea Biosciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genocea Biosciences Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genocea Biosciences

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genocea Biosciences (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Very quick response, got a call from hiring manager in 2 days, after 2 hrs of my phone interview, got an invite for onsite interview. Onsite interview was scheduled after 3 weeks; I gave a 45 min talk to a group of 25 employees. All were patient and polite listeners. All questions were related to experience and expertise. The talk was followed by one to one interviews with scientists and associates. All of them were respectful gave me enough time to feel comfortable during the conversations. A very generic interview process for any biotech scientific role. They did not break any rules. Got an offer after some what intense referral check (3-4 weeks for total process). Salary was atleast 10% below my expectation, but I accepted the role because I like the nature of my position. I see good future for the company.

Interview Questions

• Strong and weak points. Work ethics and dedication and long-term commitment.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genocea Biosciences (Cambridge, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Found a posting on an internet job board, followed by a phone screen a few weeks later. Was invited for a day long on-site interview. Very nice people but there seemed to be a disconnect between the job posting and the job I was interviewing for. It seemed I had a lot of experience for the posting but I was assured that my experience could be well utilized. Chatted with HR during the on-site and the salary range was in-line with my expectations and the expanded role.

Didn't hear from them for 3 months with no responses to my pings. When I finally heard back, they seemed interested but the salary was about significantly below what we originally discussed on-site. Things fell apart afterwards.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genocea Biosciences (Cambridge, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

The usual interview process at Genocea is: apply, pre-screen by HR in a phone interview, then phone interview with HM, followed by on-site interview with several team members of different levels. A presentation is required from Scientists and up. Time: can take anywhere from 2 weeks (for RAs) to months (for higher positions). A 2nd round of on-site interviews may happen. Heavy focus on past experience, skills and enthusiasm towards the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in teams? How do you feel about this kind of work?   Answer Question