Geographic Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geographic Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Palm Harbor, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

the hiring process was very smooth. I got phone interview first than face to face interview.
    my boss was very nice, and I was very nervous. everything went well and I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• what type of job do you see yourself doing in future ?   1 Answer

Entry Level Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Palm Harbor, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR recruiter via email to set up phone interview. After getting past that stage got to interview in person with the Dept Head and Lead for web spider group. Couple of non technical questions followed by them having you build a spider yourself after a brief demo by the lead. After interview they give you a take home cognitive test online you must complete with in a few days after the interview. I was able to build the spider with little difficulty but thought the cognitive test was unfair since it was timed and really not possible to complete with the time that was given. I only completed half the questions so I believe I was denied the position as a result. The salary was below market value around 32k so I was ok with not getting it anyway.

QA Automation Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Clearwater, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call screenings, followed by one-on-one meetings with departmental managers and potential departmental peers, followed with final interviews with upper management. These interviews were scheduled on different days, allowing me time to consider the culture and job requirements and helped me to make my own decisions regarding whether this organization was a good match for me. In addition, I believe their approach gave them an opportunity to gather the most appropriate information about me, allowing them to move forward and determine whether my skills and work style would be a good match for them. I thoroughly enjoyed the manner in which the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions

• No one question stands out because the approach was an interchange of information. There were questions about basic skills as applies to the software being used on the job and questions about my own prior work experience throughout each interview. The interview methodology was very carefully designed and well executed, giving me a chance to feel relaxed and display my own confidence in my skills as well as teach me about their business entity. I believe the manner in which these interviews were conducted allowed me to quickly offer my own abilities and, in addition, help them quickly and thoroughly assess and make decisions regarding my own application.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

5 interviews- one initial with the corporate recruiter, a technical one with a team lead, a panel interview where they have you code a simple web program to get data into the db while they watch, an interview w the ceo, and then finally w the head of HR. Very lengthy, and there's a 30 q timed online quiz in there, but it shows they hire good people and that they care.

Senior IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Palm Harbor, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

This was the first face-to-face and third interview. The first two interviews were by phone. I was contacted by the HR department by email from a physical resume I sent. They scheduled the first phone interview and then I was told at the end of the interview that I would be scheduled for a second phone interview with a Team Lead. The second interview occurred the next day and lasted about 45 minutes. It went well and I was told at the end of the interview that I would be brought in for a face to face interview. The on-site interview took place two days later. It consisted of four managers/team leads. The interview was more conversational and natural, very comfortable and organic. We talked a lot about my work as an independent consultant for the last 13 years and the various projects I've worked on. During the interview there were three potential career trajectories discussed and being considered for me. All in all, I felt the interview went quite well. I did my research on GeoSol prior to the interview and asked some questions about some of the negative comments from current and former employees that I found here on glassdoor.com, and I was very, very pleased with how they responded. They put me at ease and made reference to many of the changes that they've implemented to address some of the concerns. In all fairness, many of the negative comments were from a couple of years back, but I still wanted them to know that I was just as serious about finding the right career fit for me as they were about finding the right candidate. I did suggest that they rebuke the negative comments because if they had, I wouldn't have had to bring it up. I REALLY hope I get an offer from this company I believe it would be a game changer for me and a real career that someone of my caliber could take ownership of and run with.

Emily, Matt, Matt M., Tony, and Patrick - I hope you read this and realize just how much I want to come work for and be part of this fast growing and exciting software company.

I just had the interview yesterday, and I'm not sure if the next step will be another interview or an offer, or a letter letting me know I wasn't chosen. So where you see NO for the question "Did you get an offer", it was the only answer I could give because "Not Yet" wasn't available.

There were three tracks, or trajectories, that we discussed in the interview that they were considering me for, but the one I really want, the one that would really put to work all of my skills and experiences and challenge me in ways that would really be a perfect fit for me, I really hope I get an offer for that job. The other two I would take and be just as grateful for, but I really want the one job we discussed in most detail. You can't really call it a job - it's more of a senior level career position.

I want this job and I really hope I can say "Yes" to the "Did you get an offer" question really soon.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I'd ever reverse engineered a system before.   1 Answer
    • I was asked if I'd ever led a team.   1 Answer
    • Can I work in a self-directed manner? For example, we tell you what we need done and you just go and get it done with little direction.   1 Answer

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Palm Harbor, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Excellent! The interview process while comprehensive was very down to earth and gives you a great feel for the culture of the company and the people. HR is very helpful during the entire process, hats off to Darryl and Emily and everyone else who spent time positioning all of the new hires for success!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared to consider marginally lower than what you could get elsewhere but you'll be sacrificing security, a great place to work with a great bunch of people!

Geographic Solutions Response

Jan 29, 2015 – HR Manager

Thanks for the feedback, getting the right people is important to Geographic Solutions. Our initial compensation is conservative, but we reward top performers, as they contribute to the company's ... More

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Interview

Smooth and personable. They test your skills and make sure your competent. You have to take a test on the computer for testing skills as well as an interview. Nothing unusual for a computer programming position

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Palm Harbor, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The in house recruiter was very pleasant and professional. The team members I talked to were knowledgeable about their environment, their business and the challenges of the company. It was a pleasure to talk to them. Overall it seems a friendly company to work for, with growing pains, which is a good thing.

Entery Level Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Palm Harbor, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview - Gave me a quick walkthrough of some software they use and then had me use it -> I was able to reproduce the instructors results with about 85% accuracy - They do through a lot at you but still relatively easy interview - Had several interactions with the recruiter

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Geographic Solutions (Palm Harbor, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

Had several meetings with HR representatives over several days.