George Washington University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.6

Lobbyist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two step - first with the director and the second with the office staff. The first step appeared to be directed toward experience and knowledge and the second toward office culture. Office culture was weighted more heavily than experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• The second stage group interview had less to do with what the candidate knew or could accomplish and more to do with whether or not they would fit into the office culture. I was stunned to be asked "what was my favorite fruit".   Answer Question

Administrative Associate, Planned Giving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an employee with went very well. Next, I was invited for an in person interview from 9am - 1pm with the Estate team. I met with each person one in one. Everyone was very professional and kind. They wanted to know more about my experience with estates and administrative work. The next step of the process involved an in person writing test which I declined due to another job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are two personal characteristics you need to improve?   Answer Question

Tech Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was okay. I applied through school and it was a positive experience. people were extremely friendly. nothing technical was asked during the interview. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Department Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Met with the Operations Manager, Department Chair, and Deputy Chair and answered questions. They asked about past work experience and discussed the nature of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a viable candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Based on past experiences, the interview is suppose to start by stating what the position entails and introductions from around the room. The department manager never really went into detail about the position and what to expect, frankly, she didn't even touch upon the position. Secondly, how do you interview someone for only 9 minutes? I was bewildered and it seemed like the room didn't have any further questions to ask. I know in my experience when sitting in on interviews, you're supposed to have questions readily available. Even towards the end of the short interview, the department manager exhibited signs like she couldn't be so bothered. Not a good impression even if you aren't interested in the candidate.

While this has left a sour taste, I'm sure it was only this department, and doesn't reflect the entire GWU community.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Why GWU
      3. What questions do you have for us?
      4. In what ways have you worked with different populations of students?

Apparently the staff didn't have any further questions to ask.
      Answer Question

Executive Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to this position through GW Jobs, then emailed the Director and Founder directly. After some back and forth, she invited me to her office for an in-person interview. I get the sense that she circumvented the usual HR process at GW and then, after she decided to bring me on, pushed HR to bring me on-board. The actual interview with her went great - it felt more like a conversation than anything else. We talked about spiritual care, why it was important to me, how she started this field, and things like that. We are both ENFPs (I think), so it was a good, fast-paced, and very broad conversation.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at George Washington University (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted about thirty minutes. It was pretty straight forward. Simply was asked about my experience and willingness to meet the basic mission and vision standards. Be familiar with the universities goals and use your skills to add further value to the institution.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to the Office Assistant Job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was straight forward. Was given my salary and tuition reimbursement benefits.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Meeting with search committee, select members of faculty, and the dean. These were the good old days when the university had a very friendly culture of sharing and caring.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to teaching and research portfolios and expected career plans.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

the interview itself took 20 minutes the process was 2-3 days, i had good relationship with the professor seeking GTA the wage was not discussed and the position was available in the beginning of the following semester

Interview Questions

• This is what we are going to do for the semester are you okay with it?   1 Answer

Transcript Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at George Washington University (Washington, DC).

Interview

Smooth, relaxed. Interviewer spent a few minutes describing the role and answering my questions, then asked about me. Afterwards, I was tested on transcribing the transcripts. I was given four different transcripts from four different regions in the United States. I spent a few minutes on each one and asked questions during the process to clarify. It was very simple, not too much pressure.