Georgetown University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Georgetown University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview

It was an individual interview. No group interview. There was a language proficiency test and written self introduction prior to getting an in-person interview. On-site teaching demonstration was also included. I was notified the result via email rather quickly, within a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain a word students do not understand in the target language?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

Interview

Great experience great questions great tour great professor. It is amazing how they listen to you and let you talk rather than grilling you with questions. They really want to get to know the whole person.

Investigative Interview

Interview

They asked me why I was interested in this role, why I was interested in the work of the center, and if I felt I could handle representing clients who've committed heinous crimes. A lot of questions about the legal system and why access to counsel is important, even if someone is factually guilty. They then asked me how I would respond in a variety of witness interview situations.

Interview Questions

• Are there any issues or cases you don't feel you could be objective on?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC).

Interview

After a phone screening there was a peer interview followed by a one to one interview with the hiring manager. Both interviews were relatively short and the whole process only lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move careers? What are you looking for in your next job?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with the PI of the lab I applied for. This interview went very well and the job description was very attractive. It lasted about two and a half hours, and he invited me to come back and meet with two other associates in the lab. This is when it started to go down hill. During the second interview, the associates made it seem like the lab had very little work-life balance and badmouthed different people who were working in the lab. They could not come up with any other benefits of taking the job other than the reason of, "The [PI] can give a great reference!"

Then, after not hearing anything for a full week, the PI messages me the offer, almost 20k below the agreed upon amount. The offer was so low, that after taxes, the salary would be below the poverty line, for a position that required specialized experience and a higher degree. Sad, because the job itself was my dream job, if the job itself could get a rating: 5/5, the people however, kind of ruined it with their unpleasantness and dishonesty.

Interview Questions

• What are your previous research experiences? statistical software comfortable with? Experience with human subjects (Phone/in person screenings)? etc. etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Georgetown University.

Interview

Received first run by phone discussing general questions about background, the reason to apply the position, what's interesting part for this job position. And then I received notifications within 1 week.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied a month ago, and was called for a semi screening and an interview three days later. Met with the hiring manager and the team I would be working with. Basic round robin questions, nothing that through me for a loop. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had a brief meeting with two team members one day, and was called back for a more formal interview where I met with about 5 employees on the team. They each gave their own insights into the position, and asked me questions, which were all relatively the same.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to answer a few case questions   1 Answer

Interview

I applied through the Student Employment Website by sending my resume and cover letter.

I was interviewed the following week. They asked general behavioral questions and about previous experience working in an office.

It was a quick process and they gave me an offer a few days after the interview.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Georgetown University (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went direct to in-person, no phone screening beforehand. There was a round two with a panel. The process moved along fairly quickly. There was campaign presentation before the panel. While the staff was largely female, there was no diversity at all, from either panel. Very surprising to see from a university which touts diversity and promotes a global mindset.