Gerber Kawasaki Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gerber Kawasaki Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gerber Kawasaki

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gerber Kawasaki.

Interview

Applied online and was called two days later for a Group Interview. Got there and there were about 20 individuals. We all sat for a 1 hour long presentation from Kawasaki and Gerber and afterwards we each were called by the interviewers (one being Danillo Kawasaki himself). Interview was extremely short, they decide whether they like you or not in the first minute. I was grateful to be called back for a second interview, which was the next morning at 9:30. ABout 8 individuals were called back. For an hour and a half we discussed the salary and commission schedule and required certifications and trainings. Then they called us back for individual interviews (longer than the day before). Overall great great company and interview process, it ultimately ended up being not right for me.

Interview Questions

• You are not from a finance background, why wealth management?   Answer Question

I determined this was not the company to start my professional career, although I would not sway anyone away from applying. Its a GREAT company with amazing individuals. It just wasn't right for me.

Investment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gerber Kawasaki (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

They contact you after you have expressed interest and they have you come in for an first interview. Here they tell you about the company, what the job requires, and they ask a few preliminary questions. If they think you are a good fit they ask you back to interview with the president and CEO. After a few days they let you know whether your hired of not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work as a group to solve a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

When you have your initial interview they let you know the commission sheduale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gerber Kawasaki (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I recently moved to LA, where I have been interviewing with a few financial services companies. My background is in banking, but I want to try my hands at financial planning. The first interview with Gerber Kawasaki was a group presentation about the company and the position followed by a brief 1:1. Given my background in finances, I was invited back for a second interview. The second interview was with 3 other candidates out the 15+ who came in for the first round. Two were already licensed and well connected in LA, which I knew presented a problem to my chances of being hired. Ultimately, I did not get the job. I was told I needed to grow my contact base here in LA, which is exactly what I plan to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Gerber Kawasaki (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had submitted my resume through a craigslist ad and received a call a few days later. The group presentation they had was okay and fairly interesting. After about an hour, they called us individually for a one-on-one interview. Note that I had been polite and patient through the entire process. The interviewer asked me TWO QUESTIONS about my background and then said they would review my resume and get back to me. This happened in the span of about 3 minutes. I was pretty angry having drove through 2 hours of traffic and paid for my own parking only to have a 3 minute conversation and being let off like that. I can understand if I wasn't fit or qualified for the position (I have a Series 7 and 66 license), but to not give me a chance to elaborate on my past experiences and not even bother to read the resume before the interview really pissed me off. If this is how they treat potential clients, then I truly feel sorry for them. They try to distinguish themselves from the big retail banks but they are just like them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gerber Kawasaki (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I saw this firm on craigslist and they sounded interesting. After checking out the website, I thought otherwise, but still sent in my resume. I received a phone call a day later for a group interview and short one-on-one interview for the same day.
    The group interview - which had about 20 people - was basically the two founders telling a very long-winded story about themselves (over an hour). The one-on-one lasted about three minutes, and involved questions that could have easily been done over the phone.
    The firm sounded ok, with a decent training program...but something just didn't seem to feel right. I received an e-mail later that day saying that I wouldn't be called in for a second interview - I guess I should have stick with my initial gut reaction and not even wasted my time here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gerber Kawasaki (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Found the company on the internet while looking for a job. Figured I would try a new industry. Their website looked good and I liked what it had to say. Sent my resume and a nice women gave me a call and said I had the right background to have an interview. I went to the office in Santa Monica, it was a nice building but not a overly fancy. Right by Santa Monica airport so there was plenty of parking.

First part was a group interview with a presentation from the two partners. They explained the process and the company. They went through the history of the company, the program and process to get licensed and trained in the securities industry. I wanted to learn about the company and program but I was not the kind of guy that wanted to work in the securities business. I liked the company and their approach to the business and training. I had a brief one on one interview and was invited back for a second interview.

This was a small group and then a longer one on one interview with the COO. I felt like I got to meet the most important people in the company, although it was a medium size growing business it was a good opportunity. They offered salary, benefits and bonuses to start as well as sponsor your licensing in the industry. Although all this was good I did not feel that I had the knack for the market and there were some other good candidates. In my discussions I realized that I would probably not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the two most challenging things I've faced in my life?   Answer Question